All Hands On Deck..........Your votes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Suggestion: For more visibility, start a new Thread in the E-Cigarette Petitions Forum sub-forum under Campaigning / Campaigning.

I really really wanted too, but it's not technically a petition:(. Started in the regular campaign forum then moved to day of action since it seemed the most appropriate thread. It was all I could do to not post something in each and every forum/subforum/pm each and every member, like I said after a couple of days I could see the look on my chiropractors face when I'd have to come in for this aching pain in my wrist. That's why I changed my signature to keep everyone updated, kept my checks on the status down to once maybe three times a day, and got back to enjoying vaping and trying to distract myself a wee little bit.

Then I did the next best thing. I went international. Looking into the UK/AU bans was a good way to see what other goody goody save us from ourselves governments had already done to see what kind of shenanigans where capable of doing and what if anything was capable of snapping them out of their haze. I posted a link in both a UK and AU forum to see if we could get an international comment or two to help stir the Judge's interest.

I swear the Judge has secretly been reading my mind or my posts at least. Or maybe great minds and all.......:p......He also wonders when the government is going to close all the beaches down and make everyone wear a hat outside to avoid skin cancer from that nasty medical device in the sky....you know the Sun. Every time you are outside you are possibly getting an overdose of vit D from a non FDA approved source.

I also got some good advice from you guessed it the Ask a Vet
We've all be watching your efforts and certainly wish you the best of luck with them. One of the things that many of us have learned is how frustrating it can be to get people to do even the simplest things to help.

Truer words were never spoken. But again there are those that wont go down with out a fight, but it's much more effective to give the FDA a black eye on national television than to drive to their office in DC and try to do it in person. So keeping my fingers crossed and being trying to live life as a healthy happy vaper that doesnt have to smoke analogs anymore and also doesnt have to keep hitting the refresh button to see the next comment on Freedom Watch. I was so excited, but one must be patiently aggressive with this kind of thing or it will consume you and can be a real pain in the wrist.

Last thing I want to do is spend a week or two voting with a million anon emails. That's not gonna get us the attention we need or deserve. Patience and persistence will win in the end, because the FDA thinks they can outlast our strength and endurance. I for one intend to prove them wrong, but it's tough when their are SOOO many reasons to be ticked off at our overpaid and overprotective employees who now think they are the bosses of us, tough to be heard when everyone is ticked off about something, but you can always drag them in front of the JUDGE.:D

Last edited:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Just play nice. lol You get more flies with honey ya know. I've been a bit heavy handed when I first got started trying to roust the rabble, but you cant ram stuff down peoples throats. I'm trying to get my mom to make the switch, but always gently gently. I show off to my friends who smoke and will pounce on interest with advice, but found that its always best to let their interest turn to curiosity then they will stick with the learning curve on these things. Hard to tell them what they need when I'm still playing the PV shuffle myself. This volt or that volt this ohm or that ohm. Just wish I could concentrate on that end of things more without having the FDA monkey on my back, so the are my first priority. You know what they say "Speak now or forever hold your peace" Hmmm may have just thunk up my next thread title..........

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Look! Up at the top of the screen! It's your link, in the Notices section (displayed everywhere on ECF until the user clicks the X to get rid of it.)

The ECF Gods are watching over you!

I noticed that too....Just wish they could add a little note letting people know how to vote there...upper left hand corner, click on votes, click 3, voila! Seems like some don't know how to vote there. Many comments with no number beside them....I add a comment every once in a while to remind them there, lol!

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
OH my a visit from the ECF fairy to make my day. LOL I hadnt noticed yet.

That's wonderful and makes my day. It's hard to keep up a head of steam once you've hit a brick wall or two. Hopefully the Judge will help us break through that wall and get the FDA to think before they try to control every aspect of our lives.

Good thing to know I can always count on the ECF to be coming up from behind to help pick my up, dust me off, and hand me a sledge hammer to chip away at the bricks.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
grrr people are commenting, but not voting. There are probable 100-200 votes lost because people only commented. I sent a PM to angus requesting that a reminder to vote, not just comment, be added to the banner.

Good thinking, I saw where there were a lot of comments without votes being logged for them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread