ALL VAPERS look at this pic! what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
I have walked out on restaurants that allow vaping inside the dining area. Why? Because I don't want to smell someone's Ooey Gooey Tutti Frutti ejuice, or whatever their vaping, while I'm paying my money to have a meal. The vapor doesn't bother me, but I don't want to smell whatever is being vaped while I'm eating. Just common courtesy alone should be enough for a reasonable person to not infringe on others dining experience this way. It's self centered and rude. The bar or patio, as long as they're partitioned from the dining area, I don't care either way. But in the dining area respect for other diners should just be common courtesy. I fully support ALL restaurants being able to deny vaping on the premises if they wish. And the restaurants that don't allow vaping in the dining area are the ones that are most likely to get my business.

what about clone or perfume or chewing gum i can smell many of those things in public.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
This doesn't bother me at all. Now that I'm vaping I can easily go without. Wasn't that way with cigarettes though.

Same here. I can go several hours without a vape. When I smoked analogs (about 2 1/2 packs a day) an hour at most and I'd be craving one.

On a side note: got a gift card once about 4 or 5 yrs ago for Chili's. The wife and I went there (in NH) and that was the 1st and last time we ever went. Food was ...... Nuff said!

Edit: Agree that if within 50 ft from their front door does not belong to Chili's and is not a town, county or state ordinance, then the statement of being fined is wrong. I won't ever go there regardless.

Last edited:

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Same here. I can go several hours without a vape. When I smoked analogs (about 2 1/2 packs a day) an hour at most and I'd be craving one.

On a side note: got a gift card once about 4 or 5 yrs ago for Chili's. The wife and I went there (in NH) and that was the 1st and last time we ever went. Food was ...... Nuff said!

Edit: Agree that if within 50 ft from their front door does not belong to Chili's and is not a town, county or state ordinance, then the statement of being fined is wrong. I won't ever go there regardless.

have you ever been to a Ryan's buffet restaurant it suck. last time i went was like 8 years ago and will never go again i can say the same about Golden Corral as well.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Come on now peeps.... we don't need the publicity, for now just abide.....

Exactly.

Everyone is so stuck on the "but, but....how could they fine me?" concept. Who cares? The sign is pretty self-explanatory, it means "Don't VAPE HERE".

If it is a city ordinance, then yes, they can fine you.

If it is a private sign, then no, they can just force you to leave, and if you refuse, you WILL get fined, or locked up, maybe that is what they are trying to say, who knows?

The point shouldn't be them saying they will fine you for vaping. The point is they don't want you vaping on their property, how hard is that to respect?

Trust me, I have a rebellious side to me, just like lots of others. As you get older though, you learn to pick and choose your battles. The battle we SHOULD be fighting, is opposing regulations and taxes on e-cig related products. The fight that is going to get us NOWHERE, is arguing with business owner's about what they want, or don't want, on THEIR property.

I get it, I get it....the sign says "fine", and it says "within 50 feet". Perhaps the owner's ex-wife recently left him for a vaper....who knows, lol. My point is it isn't worth it. Of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions, I'm just stating mine!

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
Look up the laws if it bothers you, and send them a letter. I personally do not care if a private business nixes vaping on their property, I think that should be up to business owners everywhere.

If they're nixing vaping where they have no jurisdiction, don't eat there. Let them know that you think their policy is stupid and you don't want to eat their food and possibly catch The Stupid. It's not a federal case IMO. lol

Not sure why you're addressing that to me. I've said early on that a business should have the right to set their own policies and there's no reason to challenge it.

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
PEEPS! Just choose the battle wisely... question.... how many posters in this thread signed the documet opposing the Washington tax???? I'm not usually a political person but do YOU feel your vape rights have been violated? Well then sign a petition or whatever it takes to make a real difference other than this.... sorry for being blunt....

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
View attachment 315299

this was posted on a chilis door in bradenton FL. How can they try and pull this crap??

i was once on someones property and didn't like the rules. i was very vocal about it at times.

then my parents showed me the door. it wasn't long before i figured out the folks who pay the bills make the rules on their property.

if it were a place where i was a potential patron i'd weigh the pros and cons. do i want a tasty dinner and a couple shots or do i want to vape within 50 feet of the front door?

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
i was once on someones property and didn't like the rules. i was very vocal about it at times.

then my parents showed me the door. it wasn't long before i figured out the folks who pay the bills make the rules on their property.

if it were a place where i was a potential patron i'd weigh the pros and cons. do i want a tasty dinner and a couple shots or do i want to vape within 50 feet of the front door?

Comes down to being respectful

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK

My kids never understood that rule either when living with us. Now they have their own houses with similar rules. :D

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I happen to live in Bradenton, FL There is no ordinance.
As a matter of fact several restaurants here have outside decks so that people can smoke analogs.
Olive Garden, Beef O Brady's, The little Scottish pub in Lakewood Ranch.... Just to name a few. (which all have better food!)
Chili's food is gross anyways. I have had several bad experiences at Chili's at different FL locations. The only good Chili's is the one in Key Largo.

Hello neighbor!!!

Gotta add my fav 'watering hole' with da bestest steak & cheese in da world, The Boiler Room. Think napkins under your elbows. Your t-buds will luv ya; as will your cardiologi$t!

from what i remember reading about e-cigs on here and the internet i think they are banned in Florida...

Not to be cruel or confrontational, but your memory is beyond faulty! I see that you're in da 'show me state'. I'd invite ya down and I'd show ya otherwise; but we have 'nuff tourist as it is! PLEASE don't spread false information...

pinocchio.jpg

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Do we Ever figure out if the Chilies Owns the Property 50 Feet from where the Sign was Posted?

I Google Earthed it. Assuming it's right it doesn't look like it would be likely at either location. I highly doubt if they actually own the buildings. They looks like community rental businesses where parking lot costs would be shared.

Come on now peeps.... we don't need the publicity, for now just abide.....

Curious if you said the same thing about smoking bans. I know most people went along to get along and where did that get us?

PEEPS! Just choose the battle wisely... question.... how many posters in this thread signed the documet opposing the Washington tax???? I'm not usually a political person but do YOU feel your vape rights have been violated? Well then sign a petition or whatever it takes to make a real difference other than this.... sorry for being blunt....

Nobody brought a document around to my door or I would've signed. If you mean an internet petition, those are worth the paper they're printed on in the US. Some I will sign but ones that are going to influence politicians about passing or not passing laws are meaningless. They may make you feel like you did something but you really didn't.

hondo11

Mar 12, 2014
United States
I followed the first ten pages.

It's possible the Chili management team are smokers that just cannot accept vaping in an area where they aren't permitted to smoke. So they had signs printed knowing they cannot enforce the fines yet hope to discourage ALL LIKE ACTIVITY (fair in their minds) Cloud chasers and fog machines will only hasten the innevitable.

Personally, if I can sit through a two or three hour movie at a theatre without smoking, I can do without vaping until reaching my vehicle or open area away from those I might offend.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I don't think anyone should be vaping where people are trying to eat their meals. I Vape in public, but not where others might be eating. To me, that's just disrespectful. I don't see vaping as anything like smoking...but I wouldn't want plumes of vapor smelling like cotton candy or Cuban tobacco, or whatever while I'm eating. After I'm done eating at a restaurant I walk outside and Vape. It's not that hard and I don't feel inconvenienced from it.

Respect is earned. As vapors we should give respect and in return others will respect us.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am unable to substantiate the OP's claim in this sign .. I believe it is doubtful that there is actually a sign like this in a Chillis in or around Bradenton, FL ..

Seems like it would be Easy Enough to Find Out.

If someone has some Extra Long Distance Minutes on their phone they could Call the Chilies and Ask to speak with the Manager.

Chilies - Bradenton, FL, 1st Street (941) 747-1893

Chilies - Bradenton, FL, Exchange Way (941) 907-2127

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread