ALL VAPERS look at this pic! what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW2 - I just had a Funny Mental Picture...

Receptionist: Why are you just Standing there Staring out the Front Door?

Chilies Manager: Because I just got about 30 Calls from People asking if they Can Use e-Cigarette here.

Receptionist: That's Strange. What do you think they Wanted?

Chilies Manager: I dunno? But if they think they can come here and Stage some kinda vape-In, I'm gonna Lock the Door!

:lol:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Comes down to being respectful
yep. sometimes it just takes a swift kick in the keester to get the idea you've been disrespectful all along. especially when you're young and you don't see the point in the rules.
KODIAK™;12530424 said:
My kids never understood that rule either when living with us. Now they have their own houses with similar rules. :D
this kid can relate these days. ;)

Chilies Manager: Because I just got about 30 Calls from People asking if they Can Use e-Cigarette here.

Chilies Manager: I dunno? But if they think they can come here and Stage some kinda vape-In, I'm gonna Lock the Door!

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

what a mental picture...

Last edited:

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV

They had no Waffles on the door menu, so I just left....

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
I Google Earthed it. Assuming it's right it doesn't look like it would be likely at either location. I highly doubt if they actually own the buildings. They looks like community rental businesses where parking lot costs would be shared.

Curious if you said the same thing about smoking bans. I know most people went along to get along and where did that get us?

Nobody brought a document around to my door or I would've signed. If you mean an internet petition, those are worth the paper they're printed on in the US. Some I will sign but ones that are going to influence politicians about passing or not passing laws are meaningless. They may make you feel like you did something but you really didn't.

Are u f'in kidding me? Read your posts with a sound mind then get back at me....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Nobody brought a document around to my door or I would've signed. If you mean an internet petition, those are worth the paper they're printed on in the US. Some I will sign but ones that are going to influence politicians about passing or not passing laws are meaningless. They may make you feel like you did something but you really didn't.

:facepalm:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I am unable to substantiate the OP's claim in this sign ...

Understandable, considering you're in MO (unsubstantiated) and GoogleMap doesn't do front door close ups... yet!
toothy.gif

I wouldn't mind headin' over cross town and take a pic or two with tomorrow's local newspaper for date verification. Oh, wait... never mind. Someone might accuse me of PhotoShopping...
lol.gif

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Like a warning sign that says:
The food we serve here...May make you pass wind that contains explosive methane gas.
Please refrain from vaping or smoking within 50 feet of the entranceway.

I really got a giggle out of this as it reminds me of the "cow barn explosion" in Germany.

dairy cows methane explosion

erazzz

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
New Mexico
I remember a year or so ago I vaped in the Chilis here, not sure if it is still allowed (I hate the food, so I haven't been since LOL). It actually stirred up some drama because one the drunks saw me and my friends vaping, lit up a real cigarette, and was forced to leave. He was being a jerk though and was pretty out of it. He said, "Well they are doing it! Why can't I?!" He didn't realize we weren't -actually- smoking.

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings today though and asked if I could vape. The waitress said "Uh, Yea! The employees vape in here, so of course!"

I was honestly surprised. Got to have my margarita, my wings, my fries, and a good vape with good friends. =)

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I treat those signs like the signs the stores post to say no concealed weapons, I gladly honor their wishes by spending my money with their competitors. Buckeye Firearms has business cards that I carry with to give to shops with no guns postings to tell them I have decided to honor their wishes by shopping with their competitor. Maybe we should have the same kind of business cards to pass out to anti vaping establishments, let them know their bias is costing them money.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
If there is a fine that accompanies the citation for smoking inside, it's possible they just didn't want to post two separate signs...

It would be very easy to make the case that allowing vaping inside would cost them business, so they're justified in not allowing it on the property.

If you can't go an entire meal without vaping, don't eat there, or take a walk outside, 50 feet away, vape; then go finish your meal.

Stealth vaping in a place where they have asked you not to vape is rude and inconsiderate.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I remember a year or so ago I vaped in the Chilis here, not sure if it is still allowed (I hate the food, so I haven't been since LOL). It actually stirred up some drama because one the drunks saw me and my friends vaping, lit up a real cigarette, and was forced to leave. He was being a jerk though and was pretty out of it. He said, "Well they are doing it! Why can't I?!" He didn't realize we weren't -actually- smoking.

add a concealed weapons permit and a bad divorce in the making and this is exactly what i was thinking when the indoors vaping thing was brought up for new york city.

yeah... i can definitely see some reasons why certain rules that elsewhere would be downright ridiculous would be applicable there...

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Are u f'in kidding me? Read your posts with a sound mind then get back at me....

We had the requirements of a Whitehouse petition to get action. Do you know what they did? They handed it off to the FDA who is against us to give us some BS answer. And where are we with the FDA now? Have they backed off trying to kill ecigs?

The Change.org type petitions are even more worthless.
I'm glad you feel like you're doing something but you're not. If you want a petition print up some hard copies to abide by the law and hit the streets. Actually do something. That is the only way petitions matter.

You're a lot better off sending an email to the politicians, but even that isn't overly great. It is good for out of staters because they don't need to make a point of where they are from.
If you can send a hard copy, make a phone call or actually go in person.

As far as the NIMBY comment. If you'd like I'll take that position and not help you guys next time if that's what you'd like. Maybe the extent of my help will be to sign an internet petition next time since that's what you think helps so much.
Should I actually take the time to write out an email? Not for the type of thanks you offer. I'll click a button instead. That'll help.

So you're saying internet petitions matter? That would figure. Push for something else that has no effect other than to make people think they did something so they don't do something that actually works.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, they're on private property, so they can do whatever they please.

They have no ability to fine you for it. In fact if the ordinance doesn't exist, they can be fined and prosecuted.

sent from my Limited Edition Monkey Island™ Talking Voodoo Doll Head named Murray®

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread