Aluminum GGTS problem. Atties are not firing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Okay guys. I have a serious problem! I went to go to work today and my GGTS would not work! I thought, "Okay, my battery died?" so I turned around about 3 minutes away from my home, grabbed a new battery, a different rethreader, and went my merry way. I tried to get my GGTS to work, but I have tried 4 different atties, 2 510's and 2 901's, and they both will not work! I did the tongue test and my tongue "tingles" (I thought it actually hurt for a second!), the post seems to be touching the atomizer, but there is no vapor! The atties screw in straight, but don't work!

I polished my GGTS the night before (its first polish from me!) and dropped it once when I put it all back together. I had to unscrew the rethreader with a pair of pliers, but the threads don't appear to be stripped, would that matter"?

I come to you all in my desperate hour of need! Please, any help is welcome!

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
if you've done the tongue test and you get the tingle, then all is well all the way up to the point of connecting the atty. are you sure they aren't dead, do you have a meter to check, or have you put them on another device to see if they work? if they do, and it's not the attys, then it's probably just an issue of your center post not making sufficient contact with the base of the atomizer....back off the telescope a bit, make sure the floating pin is all the way up, and attach the atomizer letting it position the center pin placement properly, and then gently tighten the telescope again. give it a shot.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I did the tongue test and my tongue "tingles" (I thought it actually hurt for a second!), the post seems to be touching the atomizer, but there is no vapor! The atties screw in straight, but don't work!

Instead of relying on a Tingling Tongue, it would be a good idea to use a volt meter. You can make one like the pic or get one from several of the vendors.

meter.jpg

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
if you've done the tongue test and you get the tingle, then all is well all the way up to the point of connecting the atty. are you sure they aren't dead, do you have a meter to check, or have you put them on another device to see if they work? if they do, and it's not the attys, then it's probably just an issue of your center post not making sufficient contact with the base of the atomizer....back off the telescope a bit, make sure the floating pin is all the way up, and attach the atomizer letting it position the center pin placement properly, and then gently tighten the telescope again. give it a shot.

I am using one of the same atties I tested with on an eGo right now. I don't have a multimeter, but that is good enough to prove it works, lol. I did a lot of fiddling to find out how to fix the GG, but I will try out what you suggested and check back in after a trip to the store. Thanks!

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
I am using one of the same atties I tested with on an eGo right now. I don't have a multimeter, but that is good enough to prove it works, lol. I did a lot of fiddling to find out how to fix the GG, but I will try out what you suggested and check back in after a trip to the store. Thanks!

I would also check the center post and your push button switch, make sure your switch is making contact with the center pole, maybe when ya dropped it, something moved.... But if you know for sure, that the atty is good, and the battery is good, then start to look at the switch/centerpost

-Tim

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
Here is a dumb thing I have done a few times that I think you should check. Make sure the switch lock ring is fully open. It could be out just enough to prevent it from firing. I know it is a noob move, but sometimes it's the little things that are the problem. I have also had the button back out a bit on me a few times, so maybe check that as well.

I am honestly not trying to be insulting, it has just caught me a few times.

Last edited:

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
It has caught me a couple of times as well

Here is a dumb thing I have done a few times that I think you should check. Make sure the switch lock ring is fully open. It could be out just enough to prevent it from firing. I know it is a noob move, but sometimes it's the little things that are the problem. I have also had the button back out a bit on me a few times, so maybe check that as well.

UKtarget

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Wolverhampton

Me too especially when driving must be the constant small vibration making the locking ring move a little

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
this is all true, but because there's tingling/ electrical current at the adapter it means that the connections are all sound to complete the circuit (tubes, batteries, button, caps, etc.) inevitably the problem is with the connection at the atty (floating center pin not meeting atomizer's center post) or the atty itself.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA

Okay, I tried this and it didn't do anything different. I got a little discouraged and wondered if there was something wrong with my GG, so I took it completely apart. Where the center pin is, a broken o-ring popped out when I tried to put it back together. It is literally the tiniest o-ring I have ever seen! I think there was two, but one of them went flying, the other is "snapped". The center post went in too smoothly and now comes out super easy. Tried the GG again and thought maybe it would work. No dice. I am a little discouraged, but I won't give up hope, since these eGo's aren't satisfying me anymore. I am vaping 0 nicotine right now, so I can hopefully stop vaping and sell my GG, but I don't know if that will happen.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Do you always vape 0mg?

No. I actually vape 12mg on average (when I vape non-stop/all-day), other times I vape 18-24mg. I am a little cranky and withdrawn today, cause I didn't grab an ego and didn't vape for like 10 hours straight. Still, I don't remember being able to do that with analogs!

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
If im right you need these in place to ensure the center pin makes connection with the atomizer.
I have a couple but by the time they reach you and the postage it would cost you more.
Try a local hardware store they should stock them or Bruce over at COV

Sigh. I was afraid of that. I might grab a few, but will most likely be forced to wait a few weeks til my next paycheck. Maybe I will go ahead and buy them, but idk. I will try and figure this out. I am sad that something so small can be so important. Eh, what can you do other than replace them?

Edit: That was rhetorical, just an FYI, lol.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
You need those, they should be replaced, they prevent leakage back into the GG. Check out the illustration by Zoranth to see how and when they are inserted; I think anyone who has a GG should have a copy of these around just for this reason.:)

I also have accidentally unscrewed the button and not gotten a fire!!!:blush:

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
Psychomaster

Here is the link to the Wiki page for the GGTS:

GGTS User Manual - E-Cigarette Wiki

Here is the link to the Wiki page for the AVS:

AVS - E-Cigarette Wiki

Here are the Illustrations for the UFS in PDF format:

UFS Assmbly (Atomizer Installation).pdf
UFS Connector Assembly (Exploded).pdf
UFS Collection Tank Assembly (Exploded).pdf
UFS Tank Assembly (Exploded).pdf

Here is the link to the thread of the UFS Illustrations

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/181331-ufs-illustrations-wiki.html

Unfortunately, not all of the Illustrations for the UFS have made it into the Wiki yet.

-Zor

You need those, they should be replaced, they prevent leakage back into the GG. Check out the illustration by Zoranth to see how and when they are inserted; I think anyone who has a GG should have a copy of these around just for this reason.:)

I also have accidentally unscrewed the button and not gotten a fire!!!:blush:

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Psychomaster

Here is the link to the Wiki page for the GGTS:

GGTS User Manual - E-Cigarette Wiki

Here is the link to the Wiki page for the AVS:

AVS - E-Cigarette Wiki

Here are the Illustrations for the UFS in PDF format:

UFS Assmbly (Atomizer Installation).pdf
UFS Connector Assembly (Exploded).pdf
UFS Collection Tank Assembly (Exploded).pdf
UFS Tank Assembly (Exploded).pdf

Here is the link to the thread of the UFS Illustrations

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/181331-ufs-illustrations-wiki.html

Unfortunately, not all of the Illustrations for the UFS have made it into the Wiki yet.

-Zor

Thanks! I already have the only one I own, the GGTS User Manual, but this will make it easier if I ever get an AVS/UFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread