Am I allowed to write about my (positive) IQOS experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well had two today.

Both Turqouise. I don't mind menthol and sometimes smoked Sterling Dual / L&B Crushball etc where you could crush the filter and it would turn menthol.

Anyhow the 14 puffs number is pure fiction.

Still getting 10. But with the menthol, it is the best. No sawdust / cardboardy taste that you get from yellow and Amber from time to time and due to the menthol, you don't feel the heat either. And as with vaping, the menthol improves every part of it, more TH, more flavour so makes you feel like you're getting more out of it.

Whereas with Yellow and Amber you do feel you are getting real tobacco (which you are) it can be so so for anything from 20-30% of the hits. It is like between a light malboro and a silk cut - that's the good puffs not the so so ones.

With the Turquoise (and again I am no trying to promote) it is like a menthol light cigarette, but better as they have blended it very well so you taste both tobacco and menthol.

Anyhow no cigs for over a week now! Happy happy happy!

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Just had one yellow HEET at 6pm and one at 8.30pm. Getting used to them now, I think my body and mental expectations are reaching equilibrium.

Is good. Is producing well for ten puffs and getting a lot more aerosol per puff now it's broken in.

It's good.

I'll do a two week update next week. Cheers all.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Another day no cigs :)

Getting adjusted to IQOS and HEETS now. Trick is to get used to it and in the mode where you're not fussing anymore. Then it just becomes what I do. Took a week or two but, no is good. Now I've stopped worrying about amount of puffs and time etc, I just pick it up, get about 8-10 good hits and it's like between a light and a medium cig. Not bad at all. Pick it up, have it, forget about it.

Having about 6 a day - more than my 4 cigs but feeling so much cleaner and healthier. More energy and muscle tone better and oral health way better. Wake up feeling cleaner overall in lungs, throat, mouth and chest. Spaces around me smell better than when was smoking in house.

Not bad, just takes an adjustment period.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I'm really glad vaping worked for me. More grateful with every post, actually .

Excellent and good job making it work. I only wish it was enough for me! It actually was enough but I could not get rid of the insomnia, it just wouldn't go. To be clear and honest I have had chronic insomnia for about 15 years and take sleeping meds at night. If I don't have tobacco before bed I will not sleep even with the meds. And yes I have tried CBT, meditation and sleep hygiene etc. I am an outlier if you will :)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Update on health. Well since the past two days, I am getting some chest tightness in the morning, not as bad as with cigs but still getting some and can taste the HEET 'aerosol'. I also have the slight foggy feeling in chest and in head I used to get when smoking. Not quite as bad but still quite noticeable. I have had some phlegm also, it is clear, not green or dark but it is there. The tightness, the fogginess and the phlegm are less than with cigs but are there and the fogginess has always made me fee a little bit depressed until I have had my first coffee of the day and a shower. My dreams are a little negative also which I got when smoking.

It all clears faster and lingers less than with smoking, but it is there and is not pleasant.

I will cut back down to 4 a day and no more than that and hope it goes again as I have been having more of these per day the past three days and that is when it has come back.

As mentioned in earlier posts i am very susceptible to these 3 symptoms and very sensitive to them. My father also lives here and smokes in the bathroom several times during the night and the smoke does reach my bed where I sleep even through closed doors and even when just vaping would wake up with smoke taste and feeling in my chest and fogginess in my head.

But I can tell it is from the HEETS mostly as can taste it in my throat and chest, so am cutting back to 4 a day again.

So far not perfect but not wrecking me as much as 4 cigs a day.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Also put a HEET in backwards. So some of the filter got burned on to the blade. Thought I had got it off but just did a deep clean and realised the blade was black as it had burned on. Doh. Have cleaned it all off with cleaning swabs which was very tough but got it off in the end, and hopefully that explains the symptoms I mentioned....

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hope it does explain things honestly. It's funny the stuff that kind of, well, works. I'm still always gonna vape some, but I always thought I'd have do NRT during work hours if/when I went back to work, but once things are (I always qualify it, because I await my background check and credentialing packet and it's not a done deal yet) like to the point of not being able to vape, I decided to try snus (and I never thought I would) and not only that it is INTENSELY cheaper than NRT, has alkaloids and etc, in fact even my experimenting with it just.... We'll I'd relapsed into smoking occasionally and it totally was a huge part of getting away from that.

I still "practice" when I'm waiting like if I have to do something for an hour plus or whatever but I don't want to think about/want to vape, I use it. I totally credit snus with a HUGE part of getting me out of relapse into smoking, and while I still love to vape, it is incredibly handy in many ways, and you could never have told me it was going to work that well, I was kind of haughty about it initially and I mean in the sense that "I'm never going to try that.' I'm so glad I did. I know I'll be able to get through a day without stressing too much, and also, the alkaloids and etc. make it totally appealing.

So I just hope it keeps working for you, although yeah it does sound like a process but sometimes What you Need is just What you Need so congrats on all those non smoking days, I think!

Anna

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Thanks Anna. Is somewhat humanising to know the real life struggles of others also.

I have always thought it is the MOAI's as well as nicotine. I am also fiercely addicted to coffee, love chocolate and cheese etc. My brain seems to be a magnet for these things.

I do not think SNUS is legal in the UK or I'd try it. Though it might make me nauseous like the gum did when I tried it.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well today has been okay. Same 8-10 puffs but I don't labour over it or obsess, just have it, put it down, clean it every night etc.

Got the burnt stuff off of the blade and going better now.

This is not promo just my posting my experience but they called today to see if I'd go ahead and pay for the device which was £29 on top of the £25 paid for the 3 packs of HEETS. I said yeah and they said we have a surprise for you and asked me to do a 2 minute email survey for £20 off of the £29.

So overall cost £34 for device and 3 packs of 20. Not too shabby and means I can buy another for back up. I managed to stick to my not having one other than morning (and that was only to test the blade after cleaning) then I've had one evening one, will have one at about 10.30pm and then one before bed.

I'm not increasing my usage just because it feels healthier. I will keep the same pattern. I'm getting my hands on some WTA perhaps soon too. I'm not having any expectations but will try it.

Cheers

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So how does it FEEL so far? Technical issues aside. Well I would not recommend it to vapers who are satisfied which includes most of you fortunately. It is too like the old habit you gave up.

It feels like 'smoking light' is the only way to describe it. The taste is like smoking, the feel is like smoking, it's not the pure nic buzz you get from vaping. There are smoking type slight smells and after taste etc.

I just don't feel like I am dying anymore.

That pretty much sums it up.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well I'm adjusted now.

As long as I have a working IQOS and HEETS available I will never smoke another cigarette again!

The Amber Label I only have 2 left and are too harsh for me now.

Menthol is okay for a change now and then.

Yellow is perfect and I have ordered in bulk.

So now I'm adjusted it;s great. See I'm no longer comparing it to cigs as haven't had one for a couple weeks now at all. So this feels and tastes good for me now. Took a while but suddenly the past three days I am loving the taste of the Yellow's.

It is normal to me now. It's 'my smoke' so to speak.

Device works fine, I get enough from each session, taste is good, production is enough now.

How does it feel health wise?

Well as I mentioned on even 4 cigs a day I was waking up foggy chested, foggy headed and tired and drained throughout the day. I looked it too. I now have better muscle tone, have filled out a bit in a good way and my face looks healthier. I would compare 4 HEETS a day to the bad health effects of about half to one cig. This makes sense as there is so less tobacco, getting heated a lot less and no CO or particulate matter.

I still feel a few of those symptoms but it is like one fifth. It's like a ghost/ phantom of the negative feelings from cigs. When I wake the fog clears in minutes and I wake up so more energised and my energy and stamina levels are better all day long.

It is like I had the flu on cigs and now I have like IDK, like a memory of it is all. It's hard to explain. It's like someone took a very contrasty and saturated photograph and adjusted it way down. Or like cigs was standing in 40c degree sun with high humidity and now it's like a mild summer day. I still feel it but if lifts faster and goes quick and leaves me most of the day.

And I'm having 5 -6 HEETS a day most days.

It takes a while to adjust and certainly would for a heavy smoker. But as my body has adjusted the HEETS have become more tasty and more satisfying day by day to the point it is the new normal.

Well I cannot say much more than that. It's like I have a new lease of life.

I was also getting weird feelings in my heart when smoking. Like I'd be out walking and although was not short of breath I suddenly felt like I was and my heart was tight. Just ofr a moment and then it would pass. But was horrible and worrying. That's gone now too.

Plus another thing I'm very pleased about is my oral health is SO much better. I used to have more plaque and yellow staining and I do not now, teeth are whiter and feel healthier and stronger as well as cleaner. I used to have to brush my tongue with a toothbrush weekly and that is gone now to, that horrid fuzz.

Winner.

Will likely get a 2nd device as back up - you never know. Same with Vaping always had two mods and at least two spare tanks.

I'm getting the same HEETS from a good vape store online for a 25% less price so even though a couple more a day than cigs, I'm saving a tiny bit, but that's not the main thing, my health is the main thing.

It's like the lights and volume have turned up in my world.

Cheers all.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Have also noticed another positive thing. At work I used to feel like feinting sometimes after crouching down and then standing up again. I thought I had bad blood pressure but my GP said I have good blood pressure. I have been like this since I started smoking at 13 years old but has been a lot worse the past 5 years.

It's gone now :)

Goes to show how bad just 4 cigs a day can be for your health!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK as someone who was nearing COPD I'd imagine my family wasn't really enjoying watching but as to the addictiveness of tobacco, well it's rather horrid. IDK. I know my docs were not in large enjoyment of watching me get COPD at my age, my docs are nice people. But as to the sheer addictiveness of tobacco for some, well, I think that can be hard to understand, as well.

The husband is always at it or not with the vape, I think it must be hard to have started at age 8 and not running into any problems (yet anyway). I have suggested snus but he has a weak stomach to nicotine. I don't think it would work. I don't think THIS will work actually, it's too.. IDK, fiddley for him. I'm considering bringing home a SKY high pod like the Juul when I can actually afford it. I don't think he vapes enough to get enough nic. I just can't afford it right now, but when I can, I may. I don't so much care what it costs, if he will quit.

Oh well I played around with vapes for 7 years before quitting, hopefully there is still time!

Anna

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well almost a month in now and the health benefits are continued and it is completely normal to me now.

Does of course still raise my pulse a bit after having it, but just much better than smoking. I could never go back to that now as long as I have a pack of HEETS and a working IQOS. :) Cheers all

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Currently at 35,000 ft approaching Newfoundland.
IQOS are available in the duty-free shop at Frankfurt.
Don't check my bags if you please, Mr Customs man.

If you managed to get them through, let us know how it goes.

My strongest advice is if you want it to work, stay with it for two weeks. There is a definite adjustment period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread