Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I use 6mg and high vg but there's not a chance in he'll your gonna get me vaping so high, I mean 200 watts.

Lol no that if I'm vaping on my mechs where the only way to adjust the wattage is by building the coil to the battery and what wattage you want to vape at. Of course while the batteries are being discharged the wattage will decrease.

I was vaping 6mg until I found that if I go down to 3mg-4mg I could up the wattage and get a better hit and save on my nic. I started out at vaping back in the day of +1.0 ohm like 5 years ago vaping at 11W before the days of subohms. When subohms came out I was vaping at 50W then ended up going down in nic and was able to bump the wattage up to 100. I liked the vape I got (hit to my chest that I got with Newports) so I just started bumping it up from there u too I got to the sweet spot which on most of my juices it was at 130W-150W. Some flavors need more upwards of 175W.

I'm not trying to get you to push up to 200W. A lot of my friends that vape low wattage I have mentioned this to them and had them try and they say they enjoy the vape more at a higher wattage than they were vaping. It's not for everyone so to each his own. Whatever works for you to keep you off the cigs is what's best for you. Know what I mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I used to vape at 18mg then when I started to sub ohm went to 6mg so I know what you mean yeah.
I still mtl at 12 watts, I enjoy vaping at 80 watts on my baby beast too though an the flavour is great.
I do both, suppose it depends on mood :)
But I guess if I used 3mg my wattage could go higher.

Yeah you got it. I only DL. I used to MTL when everything was above 1 ohm. I DIY juice so I am able to adjust my nic to whatever suits me at a certain time. Plus the money I save by DIY I can put into other mods or RDA's/RTA's. The savings is huge too. For a 120ml bottle at 4mg nic max VG it's costing me maybe $3-$4 where if you get a 120ml bottle of premium juice you will be paying $50+ and I tend to like my juice better than premium because I can make it to what I like.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
6mg Ruthless EZ DUZ it on Ice. Going through 30ML on average per day. No issues after 2.5 years solid. Cut down when I got the flu/cold/virus. Sip on water throughout the day, if I don't the. My throat is gone inside of a day, which takes a week to recover properly. Always have a bottle of Evian next to me wherever I am. Don't drink as much when using RDA though, the drying effect is less and far more smoother than any tank. Also vape temp makes a difference. TFV8 I drink the most water on. Uwell Crown 3, every so often, every hour or so. RDA like velocity v2, ever few hours. I've changed the way I take the hit as well. I make sure the vape hits the middle or front of the tongue or vape from side of the mouth. Do not do direct inhales unless I have my tongue cover the roof of the back throat.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah you got it. I only DL. I used to MTL when everything was above 1 ohm. I DIY juice so I am able to adjust my nic to whatever suits me at a certain time. Plus the money I save by DIY I can put into other mods or RDA's/RTA's. The savings is huge too. For a 120ml bottle at 4mg nic max VG it's costing me maybe $3-$4 where if you get a 120ml bottle of premium juice you will be paying $50+ and I tend to like my juice better than premium because I can make it to what I like.

I recently started diy too, it is definitely cheaper and like you said you can personalize to your taste :)
6mg Ruthless EZ DUZ it on Ice. Going through 30ML on average per day. No issues after 2.5 years solid. Cut down when I got the flu/cold/virus. Sip on water throughout the day, if I don't the. My throat is gone inside of a day, which takes a week to recover properly. Always have a bottle of Evian next to me wherever I am. Don't drink as much when using RDA though, the drying effect is less and far more smoother than any tank. Also vape temp makes a difference. TFV8 I drink the most water on. Uwell Crown 3, every so often, every hour or so. RDA like velocity v2, ever few hours. I've changed the way I take the hit as well. I make sure the vape hits the middle or front of the tongue or vape from side of the mouth. Do not do direct inhales unless I have my tongue cover the roof of the back throat.

I need more liquids since starting vaping too, get dry mouth an sore throat.
And you will go through a lot of juice with a tfv8, it's a guzzler

Reactions: ChelsB

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I recently started diy too, it is definitely cheaper and like you said you can personalize to your taste :)

I need more liquids since starting vaping too, get dry mouth an sore throat.
And you will go through a lot of juice with a tfv8, it's a guzzler

I had the V8 and got rid of it. I got the V12 and still don't care for them. I got the Voltrove to go on my HOG V3. It's 41mm with a 20ml+ juice capacity. I'll go through a tank full of juice in a day. Even more if I'm on a day off work. I just ordered the 40mm Mason to go on my other HOG V2 I ordered. I use more mechs than I do regulated devices plus I make my own unregulated boxes too.

When you say you get a sore throat and dry mouth that could be caused by too much nic. I would lower my nic if I were you and see if that helps. If your not getting the throat hit you like at your current nic level try upping the wattage and see if that gives you the throat hit you want with the decrease of the dry mouth and the sore throat. I know if I vape on 6mg my throats gets scratchy and I get dry mouth. Also if I'm chain vaping I will get a dry mouth.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I had the V8 and got rid of it. I got the V12 and still don't care for them. I got the Voltrove to go on my HOG V3. It's 41mm with a 20ml+ juice capacity. I'll go through a tank full of juice in a day. Even more if I'm on a day off work. I just ordered the 40mm Mason to go on my other HOG V2 I ordered. I use more mechs than I do regulated devices plus I make my own unregulated boxes too.

When you say you get a sore throat and dry mouth that could be caused by too much nic. I would lower my nic if I were you and see if that helps. If your not getting the throat hit you like at your current nic level try upping the wattage and see if that gives you the throat hit you want with the decrease of the dry mouth and the sore throat. I know if I vape on 6mg my throats gets scratchy and I get dry mouth. Also if I'm chain vaping I will get a dry mouth.

I am too shaky for rdas, have to have them built for me and no don't wanna go lower than 6mg and end up chainvaping!

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
He has 10% water in his juice and 10% water in the VG so he is vaping more than just 10% water. Like in my comment, I wouldn't vape it but I haven't done any research on it either and he says in his answer to the OP that "it should be because his VG is 10%". I'm sorry but if my VG is 10% water first off I wouldn't buy it and second I wouldn't be adding more water to my juice but that's just me. To each his own I guess.
Just to clarify :)
I started with 12mg 70VG/30PG and ordered a lot of it. Then I wanted to reduce the nicotine, so I bought VG base, but I notice, that I was buying a VG base with 10% distilled water. Now I dilute half and half (approx.) the 12mg 70VG/30PG with the VG base and add 5% of flavour ;)

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is it safe to vape on water?
I think i remember reading somewhere that it's not safe to add water to the flavors. Correct me if I'm wrong please. :)
Seems you read some bad advice. I personally have been adding distilled water and saline solution to my VG base ever since I started my DIY journey about 4 years ago. 100% VG is too thick to wick properly so I think most, if not all, of the ready made 100% VG e-liquids folks buy do have some percentage of distilled water in them.

Last edited:

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Seems you read some bad advice. I personally have been adding distilled water and saline solution to my VG base ever since I started my DIY journey about 4 years ago. 100% VG is too thick to wick properly so I think most, if not all, of the ready made 100% VG e-liquids folks buy do have some percentage of distilled water in them.
But why not add pg instead of water?
It'll also help you get better flavor i think.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
But why not add pg instead of water?
It'll also help you get better flavor i think.
I keep my mixes about 50/50. I just find that I get a better vape when adding DW and saline to my vg base. Might not work for everyone but it does for me. I don't totally buy into the thinking that pg carries flavor better....but as always JMHO

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I keep my mixes about 50/50. I just find that I get a better vape when adding DW and saline to my vg base. Might not work for everyone but it does for me. I don't totally buy into the thinking that pg carries flavor better....but as always JMHO
All this stuff is very subjective i guess.
From what I've seen people's opinion vary a lot.

Do you also add saline to sweet juices like fruits and stuff?
Doesn't it mess it up?

Reactions: ChelsB

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
All this stuff is very subjective i guess.
From what I've seen people's opinion vary a lot.

Do you also add saline to sweet juices like fruits and stuff?
Doesn't it mess it up?
yes it is. There seems to as many ways to do it as there are folks doin' it :D

Yes, I use the same base for all my various mixes. Since there is such a small amount of saline solution in my mixes it has no taste. Kinda like adding a bit of salt to a cake. You don't actually taste it but it does improve the flavor of the finished product.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
yes it is. There seems to as many ways to do it as there are folks doin' it :D

Yes, I use the same base for all my various mixes. Since there is such a small amount of saline solution in my mixes it has no taste. Kinda like adding a bit of salt to a cake. You don't actually taste it but it does improve the flavor of the finished product.

What kind of saline solution should one use? I'm thinking contact lense solution but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're talking about....?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What kind of saline solution should one use? I'm thinking contact lense solution but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're talking about....?

It is called "wound cleaner". It has nothing in it but 9% saline solution. I buy it at wal-mart in the pharmacy area. It comes in a spray can so I just spray all of it into a glass bottle and then use as needed.

N8erade

May 21, 2017
As the title suggests,
I am wondering if there's any harmful side of vaping too much.
So I've had my new mod for around 4 to 5 days now and the puff counter is at 709.
So i have taken around 650 puffs or so, considering a few misfires and a few puffs that i let my friends have.
I vape 3mg 70vg juice at around 35w on a .6 coil in tvf8 baby.
So can someone tell me if it's okay to vape this much?
Or is it too much and i should cut down?
Thanks.

Shoot I wish I had a puff counter...
In theory there's not really a way to vape "too much," because however much it is that keeps you from smoking is the correct amount. I will say that 650 puffs over 5 days is quite a few. To put it in perspective, that is 130/day, or 8/hour (if you're awake for 16 hours). That's every 7.5 minutes.
Just some perspective. Not saying it's bad.

Reactions: Cf11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread