Amazing russian engineering !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
OMG I am addicted. Can anyone speak of the buying experience with these folks? I think my premium mod will now be one of these beauties instead of a ProVari. Funny that I have not even received my VariTub X yet that ordered yesterday... I am not saving any money, but my health has increased. Too bad my wallet has not :)

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
I order a sticker and kayfun III from him on the 16th and it was shipped on the 19th. They use Russian post so I am not able to track except that it made it to NY and they notoriously hold onto items for up to 10 days. I also have something coming from Croatia that is stuck in NY also.

Another member in Canada got his within 15 days, and another member ordered about the same time I did and is still waiting as I am.

Great customer service, no problems with English or payment or assistance! Just waiting for the NY customs people to decide that metal is generally not a problem!

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
Well - service is great, came today! 20120801_170941.jpg

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
A little over $500 not including shipping or extra components. The semovar (VW module) has been out of stock for awhile and the sell out the minute they come up. The Kayfun III (rebuildable atomizer) is either a single 6.5 ml tank or a dual 15.5 ml and only uses R wire as opposed to R and NR.

This would be the price directly from their site. Not cheap, but operates much like the Dawrin and the newer style atomizer builds. Can run for days on a tank!

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
A little over $500 not including shipping or extra components. The semovar (VW module) has been out of stock for awhile and the sell out the minute they come up. The Kayfun III (rebuildable atomizer) is either a single 6.5 ml tank or a dual 15.5 ml and only uses R wire as opposed to R and NR.

This would be the price directly from their site. Not cheap, but operates much like the Dawrin and the newer style atomizer builds. Can run for days on a tank!

Ouuch, I guess my conversion was wrong. That or I did not price a complete kit. They sure are gorgeous!!

@ Dirfm - Is this a complete kit? Battery/Atty? Мод «SvoёMesto» v.2.0 - «Полный комплект» ― SvoёMesto

Thanks

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
That is the complete kit with the kayfun v2. I think a great little kit, I just did not need the kayfun v2 and wanted his newest one.

I ordered: kayfun III Бакомайзер «Кайфун» III ES ― SvoёMesto
battery pack Мод «SvoёMesto» v.2.0 - Батарейный блок ― SvoёMesto
sticker A4. «

I had a semovar which can be found here E1D3. (I paid more for it due to rarity) and then a few extra bits, bolts, and metal tubing for the kayfun (I have juices that can crack items so I use all metal when possible).

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Interesting. I like the modular nature of this. You can have a tube mod, a tube mod with VV/VW, A 510 tube mod, or use the what they call the sticker on their site and what you have in your pictures. Very cool.

Too bad about the availability of the vv/vw module. I've always thought that anyone who comes to the game with something like this and actually has stock will sell a boatload of them. Lots of people looking for high end stuff and paying high end dollar that are frustrated by constant out of stocks. But they do have a site, they do have spare parts stock, so they are halfway there. Perhaps in time they will ramp up production of the vv/vw module.

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
They are supposed to ramp it up a little bit in the coming months. I think the issue is getting the nivel chip in bigger quantities as it is still scarce and not mass produced at the moment.

It is very modular - on the website, there is almost 100 different set-ups and battery combinations that are available. It really is a nice device and the semovar module is an amazing component. I do think that he has a winner and could dominate the market if there is a larger production, alot of us are looking for the variability and ease with higher end mods. He has hit the nail on the head.

Apparently, he is upgrading the mini Kayfun relatively soon and it should be an interesting portable tank system.

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
The only thing I have had to really play with is the Kayfun III. It took a few days to get used to setting it up, but now it is as easy as any rebuildable atomizer out there. Actually easier then alot of them since it only really needs R wire.

I am using a rare earth magnet in the tube portion (I use 18650 in sticker form) because the batteries he is using it with are a little larger then the AW IMR's...but since everything is adjustable, I was set-up and good to go within minutes.

The semovar module is a dream to use, if you are used to a provari, then you can get used to this without much trouble. Just need a day or two with instructions because it contains ALOT more options then other chips.

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
I think that they are located near Moscow if I am not mistaken...

They are supposed to upgrade the Kayfun Mini soon and I am going to grab a couple of them. These things really are built well.

You can switch the website to english and dollars so you can check it out. The videos are in Russian, but they show everything very well.

stv4SC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Pasadena CA
I think that they are located near Moscow if I am not mistaken...

They are supposed to upgrade the Kayfun Mini soon and I am going to grab a couple of them. These things really are built well.

You can switch the website to english and dollars so you can check it out. The videos are in Russian, but they show everything very well.

Doh! Didn't notice pulldown. Thanks. New vapemail yes. Expensive littlt bugger.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I'll just wait for availability and then try to buy it all. I sincerely do hope they ramp up production, that would be a treat. I might be messaging you with a question or two dirfm, when I figure out exactly what I'd be buying.

I'm getting sick of buying bits and pieces. I think some people like doing that but I'm already sick of piece and parts stalking. I don't get the thrill of the hunt thing, I just get annoyed. I'm more of a give me now even if it costs more type person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread