American E Liquid Store...VG To Die For

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
i.sorry im new as you can tell and i have done weeks of research on this stuff ..just tryin to find the best

I understand how you must feel, but I have one piece of advice for you - unless you are SO broke that you won't be able to afford any more new kit for many months...

Don't worry about finding "the best" - just GET STARTED.

Once you have a working e-cig you will have a much better idea about your preferences and needs, and you'll have plenty of time to "refine" :)

scylla

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
This is the only company I've ever bought e-juice from so far, and I've only ordered from them twice so I apparently don't exactly have loads of experience to base my opinion off of... :oops:

But considering, unless a certain flavor catches my eye somewhere else that makes their vg juice in the US, I don't know if I feel the need to order or experiment anywhere else. Both times I placed and order, it was filled and shipped- got here insanely quick. My second order, I made a mistake on and ordered their flavor pack with the wrong nic strength... I emailed them about it the next day, but unfortunately the order was already shipped. I was shocked when they called me and offered to ship out the strength it was supposed to be - even though it was totally MY fault! I don't see much of ANYWHERE anymore with customer service like that anymore!

As for the liquid itself- wayyyy more vapor to it than I've experienced with my cartomizers. Smooth, dense, far better taste than my carts had in them, and dare I say even more of a throat hit too..? (even in their 6mg I just got today that I messed up on - I normally get 12mg, but so far these are actually doing fine for me) Like I said, I don't know much so it may not mean much, but so far- I personally think these guys are awesome!

Newton

Dec 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Anyone know if they use Lorann's?

Probably, based on their flavor selection.

Check the comments to a specific review of American eLiquid on this forum.. (search for djarumn or "My VG review! " on the forums to find the review), sorry I can't link yet

Note this post, they do have a few pure VG liquids, most of their flavor additives have a PG base

ZorbaTheGeek said:
So, email back from the American eLiquid..

While our eLiquids are PG free, some flavorings also contain small amounts of PG. If you are highly sensitive to PG, the following flavors and flavorings are 100% PG free.
Black Licorice
Cheesecake
Clove
Djarumn Black Clove
Marlborough - Please specify you want PG free Marlborough in Order Comments
Menthol - - Please specify you want PG free Marlborough in Order Comments
Hope that clears it up a bit. I still really enjoy their liquids, and I'm smoking ones that have some PG in the flavors, but it doesn't bother me.

BurnRubber

Dec 17, 2009
SF Bay
I'd like to add that this e-juice doesn't get nasty tasting and burn as quickly as the Chinese VG I have tried when chain vaping my KR8 5V pass-through. Others only taste good through the duration of a filled cartomizer when used with the 3.8V batteries. I guess this has something to do with the chemical stability of the flavoring under high heat. I'll definitely re-order from American eLiquid Store again, since the experience has been a positive one, and I like using my pt when at home, instead of cycling-out my expensive KR8 batteries.

BHedge

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
texas
If you are just suffering from a sore throat and are using a pretty high nicotine level (18 or greater), it's more likely the nicotine than the PG, but I have found that adding one or two drops of VG liquid in with your standard PG will stop the sore throat, alleviate the dry nasal passages, and increase vapor. And since it's only a drop or two, if you are sensitive to the "exhaust" effect of VG, that doesn't bother you.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
If you are just suffering from a sore throat and are using a pretty high nicotine level (18 or greater), it's more likely the nicotine than the PG, but I have found that adding one or two drops of VG liquid in with your standard PG will stop the sore throat, alleviate the dry nasal passages, and increase vapor. And since it's only a drop or two, if you are sensitive to the "exhaust" effect of VG, that doesn't bother you.

I have been searching for an answer.......................

I just received an order with VG and it kinda sticks on my tongue, I am normally a PG guy and wondering if this will dissipate with time if I continue to mainly Vape PG?? But have some with VG. :?:

Thanks

I too really like these folks, this thread sent me to their site - thank you GeeYourHairSmellsTerrific! It turns out that flavors are really very subjective, and things which appeal on paper may not in reality.

Firstly, VG is fantastic! No more soreness, less drying, and super vapor. I'll be sticking with VG from now on.

As for the flavors:

Black Clove - to me it is really more of an anise flavor, and is way too strong. Like inhaling pizelles.
Cherry Cappuccino - way more cherry than cappuccino, like cough syrup.
Cherry - again, cough syrup. Ok, maybe a cough drop.
Blackberry Champagne - this one smells in the bottle like it'll be a cough syrup, but then turns out much smoother in an atomizer. This one I'll actually use!
Keoke Coffee - great at 3.7 volts, a bit powerful at 6 volts, but an awesome flavor with a sweetish inhale, and a coffee exhale. I bought a big jug of this flavor!
Menthol - it came as some surprise to me that I love this flavor! I haven't smoked menthol since the 70's, but this brought back everything that was ever nice about it - a dead ringer! It's perfect at 3.7 and 6 volts, and I ordered more of this too.

One thing that was well appreciated was the ease of use of their website, as pointed out by a previous poster - I know that small business owners do not necessarily want to become web designers, but so many PV suppliers have atrocious and impossible websites, and if I can't find what I am looking for easily I am going to go elsewhere in a hurry. It's sort of a self respect issue too - if they can't be bothered to have an effective and attractive storefront, why would I expect their business to be well run? American E-Liquid's site is not flashy, but it is clean and simple to use.

They ship super fast, and I am really liking the company, now that I've narrowed down flavors that suit me!

Tuesday

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
USA
got my first order from AEL, the black djarum clove was NOT to my liking, it tastes like black licorice and cloves. B LECH! if anyone is interested in a trade or whatever lemme know. I did get several other flavors which are good, the butter rum and english toffee are yummy.

I almost included the english toffee in my order today but concerned it might be too sweet. Maybe on my next order. :cool:

ncgator

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I ordered the 5 10 ML sample pack .. flavors ... Tobacco, Flue Cured Tobacco, Tobacco Sweet, Keoke Coffee and Tobacco Cocoa ...all VG.

Flavors I liked:
Tobacco and Flue Cured Tobacco ... both spot on IMHO.

I didn't like the other flavors ... Sweet tobacco was way too sweet. The Keoke coffee tasted burnt to me.

Jury still out on Tobacco Cocoa.

I'm planning on ordered the regular Tobacco and Flue Cured and some of the flavor concentrate for each to experiment.

DrkLashes

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
www.facebook.com
Just placed my 3rd order for this place... Can't wait to try their new flavors!!! Tried 2 other juice vendors since I reviewed last time... Both disappointments so I'm sticking with this place for good. So far their butter rum is my favorite- it's to die for! Can't wait to try that english toffee though... *drools* :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread