And here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
I currently drip using an HH.357 on a provari. I love love love the flavor and vape I get from my 357. Will I be able to maintain that flavor\vape I love with a Reo and an rda?
What thoughts/suggestions do you experts have?
Does the size matter? (heh)
Grand vs Mini?
Which rda? rba?

I would like to be able to vape without tip popping and drip drip drip a hundred times a day...:vapor:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Welcome, Spoons :)
If you find you are vaping over 2.5mls/day, I'd suggest a Grand.

I haven't used a 357 is a very long time, but my thoughts are that the RM2 is better. But I'm sure you know already that juices do taste different on different atties and devices. Most of the time, folks find the RM2 brings out a new brightness in their juices...but a lot of that depends on voltage, resistance of the coil, wick material, coil placement, and air hole size...and it's different for each individual. The set up is simple, it's just fine tuning your vape that makes it brilliant. There are a lot of variables...but, once dialed in, most folks don't miss their 357s.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
I have been running my 1ohm coil for about a week. I dry burn and replace the cotton every other day, more out of habit then need.

The great thing about bottom feeding is that you won't need to drip, you can just squonk.

if you are gonna need something to last you all day, go with the grand + rm2.

If you don't need the all day capacity and want something even more pocket friendly go with the mini.

any reo with the rm2 will perform awesomely.

lizardnipples

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Highland, IL
Welcome to the party Spoons!

I agree with Lisa(RF)

Please keep in mind that most people love the Reo/RM2 combo when they switch from something else, but it will probably take a little trial and error to get it to where you want it. I know a few people that are so used to something else that find reasons to not like it at first. Some reasons that I've heard are the draw is too airy, the flavor of their favorite juice is different and so on. Just know going in that it is going to be different than a carto or 357, but with a little effort(very little) and an open mind you will find vaping nirvana with this combo IMHO.

I would go with the Grand to start out with(yes, I said start out with, you will inevitably buy more...get over it, you just will:) you can't fight the porkie dust :)) so that you will be able to safely try the sub ohm setups without worrying about trying your battery's limits.

I hope your Reo journey is a good one! And remember, there are no stupid questions in REOville. There are a lot of people here that will help you with whatever you need and that genuinely care about you getting the most out of your Reo experience. Rob may own the company but we are all invested in the product!

Last edited:

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For a size comparison. Mini 2.1 and a Grand.

GBQQrYh.jpg

Ltl65FU.jpg

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
Thank you all for the responses so far, more than likely I will go with the grand for the all day perc. Lizard you said above,
Some reasons that I've heard are the draw is too airy
This may be a problem for me. Does this device + atty require lung hitting? If the draw is too airy and lung hits are required, this is not the device for me. The only thing I have to compare or put into perspective is a Z atty pro that I have, that neither myself or my wife will use because it is a lung buster. I am happy with the 357 plus drip shield and the resistance in pull it gives me. Thoughts?

Oh, and does a lizard in fact have nipples?

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
So, you can actually play "hh357" on your REO/RM2 setup. Serious, I tried it. Leave the air hole (on the cap) small (as it comes), build a nice tight micro-coil with cotton, and then suck really hard and fast like you do an HH. (you can skip the gurgle-sucks and all that though . . . .. although, you don't have to . . . you can gurgle-suck this setup too).

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Thank you all for the responses so far, more than likely I will go with the grand for the all day perc. Lizard you said above, This may be a problem for me. Does this device + atty require lung hitting? If the draw is too airy and lung hits are required, this is not the device for me. The only thing I have to compare or put into perspective is a Z atty pro that I have, that neither myself or my wife will use because it is a lung buster. I am happy with the 357 plus drip shield and the resistance in pull it gives me. Thoughts?

Oh, and does a lizard in fact have nipples?

45 years of ciggies and i never knew anyone lung-hit until i read about it on ECF...

to me, the draw on the stock RM2 is fine. i don't recall any difference between it and the over-priced HypeHype357

lizardnipples

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Highland, IL
Yes...yes they do...:unsure:

pdib is one of the setup experts and all around bad ... ....'s around REOville, if he says you can make it like the 357 you can. :)

I personally think the stock air hole is good for someone used to a tighter vape. I think a lot of us drill ours to 1/16" which is a huge difference in comparison.

Again, the whole let yourself like something new comes into play here. When I first started the journey from ego's and vivi nova's into RBA's the draw was drastically different for me. Hated it at first...now I can't go back.

:2c:

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Spoons, slap that HH.357 on your Reo and you can say good bye to drip shields and topping off and extra bottles forever. All ya gadda do is squonk. That's what a Reo will do for you right away. The juice gets fed through the bottom threads so the only modification I can possibly think of is to widen the holes of the HH.357 with a hand drill, avid sells one, but I just use mine out of the box.

What an RDA/RBA will do is allow you to customize the best vape for you, which comes with a learning curve at first. The fine folks here have nothing better to do in life than to help folks like you 'n me get to where we wanna be so I expect you'll drop that HH.357 for an RM2 once you have the right coil 'n wick you can live with.

Asking how long they last is akin to asking how many hours of vape time ya get for each battery ie. really subjective but I'd say from listening to the reo-vets in the lounge you'll probably wanna recoil once a week, not so much out of necessity but for taste.

Just don't get discouraged, go at your own pace, because everyone I met in REOville who rebuilds, uses words like nirvana and heavenly, for a reason. Just be patient, have a backup, establish a baseline, and vape on! When you get there, document & collaborate so that others like you may get there with less trial 'n error.

superdrifter, darkzero, ehuman, pdib too many to name but these are the folks you wanna glue yourself to.

RHP

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Like others have said keep in mind the HH.357 will work wonders with the REO. No dripping, no drip shields, just squonk and vape away. RBAs bring a whole different superior quality vape, as you have full control of the coil resistance, shape, diameter, airflow, position and wick. Once you find your sweet spot with an RBA it's hard to look back!

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
Out of curiosity, how are you guys checking ohm on your coils with this device. I have a provari, and its quite obvious how I check the coils on that.. What if I didn't have a provari laying around? If you are using a carto/atty checker I would love to know where to actually find one in stock...

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a grand.. I am going to skip on the vv for the moment I think, following the whole KISS theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread