The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

And now for the millionth request for liquid nicotine advice

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Zazie, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    If you do pretty much the same thing all the time, it can be real easy.

Once I got started, I realized all my juice was pretty much around 6% flavoring. So I no longer even measure anything. I mark the 30ml bottle with a sharpie to where it is 8.75 nic (14mg) and fill to there with nic. I'd measured my flavorings to find that 1ml = about 50 drops. So then I just put in my 90 drops of flavoring. Then fill to the top with VG. Done. No beakers, syringes, scales, and takes a min or two to make 30 ml.

• Like Like x 1
  2. susieqz

susieqz Senior Member

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    dawg, i have to try that.
    sounds perfect for the 1 flavor recipes i want.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    Making DIY eliquids by volume is perfectly fine. There are many of us who measure that way. Our eliquids turn out just great, too. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    If air doesn't compress why do they make air compressors? Air absolutely DOES compress. In fact it compresses with temp drops. So as water expands the air compresses so yes with expanding liquids leaving head room absolutely does help...but...only if it is enough room relative to the volume of liquid that needs to expand.

Here is a fun experiment. Find an empty plastic Coke bottle. Get your tap running fully hot water and fill the bottle and run it all over the outside to get the bottle nice and hot. Pour the water out then seal the lid tightly. Let the bottle sit over night. As the air inside the bottle cools and compresses the bottle will collapse in on itself. Proving air does compress as it cools.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You don't have to dilute it before using it IN A RECIPE as long as the recipe contains enough other ingredients to reduce the total nic concentration to usable levels. You cannot vape it at 10% (100mg/ml)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    If that doesn't work, I would try using a mix of freebase and smooth salts. Make your juice with 14mg/ml of your freebase as always and then add say maybe 10mg/ml of salts. That would bump up the nic level enough to slow you down without adding TH.

If that doesn't slow you down use more salts until it does. If the TH gets a bit too high, back off on the freebase and use more salts to compensate. Just play with the combo til you get it right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Thanks, Scott - that's kind of what I have in mind. I'm going to mix a small batch of 14mg, same as my freebase to start, then maybe tank mix as necessary to get an idea of how I might need to adjust the next batch, or do a mixture of the two. I'm really curious how the "hit" nic will taste and feel compared to freebase. I'm anxious to try, because the HCigar Akso pod has really been hitting the spot when I'm jonesing, with its 50mg salts.

Unfortunately, I ordered it from NicRiver Saturday. They still haven't shipped it, and told me yesterday that it "might" ship this week. They're busy from their sale and long weekend, they said. I guess they're the only company left on earth that doesn't ship stock product same or next day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Well that is still better than me. I placed an order (completely unrelated company) on Dec 27th, it shipped on Dec 28th via USPS. It was "Out for Delivery" on Mon Dec 31st but wasn't delivered, since then it's status is "Awaiting Delivery Scan" and no one seems to know where it went. Needless to say I am pi**ed at USPS and not sure if I will ever get it now.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.