Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I was looking at random reviews on youtube and found this video. I agree with this guy 100%. I personally have gone to the use of rebuildable attys because it works great for me. Had the Chinese had quality control and better engineering I would never got into rebuildables, which work for me, but not everyone. It is a sad fact that I find it hard to find a product besides an eGo or Lavatube to a newbie. There needs to be support for this issue. It's not our suppliers, but it is the manufactures that are the problem. Check out this video and feel free to post comments you have.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Couldn't agree more with the video! I see new or revised products come out, get great reviews, we drink the Kool-aid and then the posts about leaking, burnt taste and all the fiddeling you have to do with them start! I also love the thought that since one out of 3 or some ridiculous ratio of the carto working to not working is considered success and worth it is ludicrous. You wouldn't accept the quality control and value on anything else we buy. I work hard for my money and I'm sure everyone else does here, why do we accept this piss-poor performance and piles of cartos, clearos, attys building up in our vape supply that don't work? I'm so tired of drinking Kool-aid...manufactureers and suppliers need to get their act together!

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I completely agree!

I just spent $24 on products that were supposed to be "perfect out of the box" (they weren't) and now there's a whole darn thread on how to mod them to get them to work right.

I feel I've paid to be a beta tester and I'm VERY angry. Especially when I get a reply from the seller of "no one else is having problems" when there are over a dozen people in the same thread having the same problem as me.
I understand it's a manufacturing QC thing, but as a supplier, either voice support for your product or don't. Don't say they're perfect then make anyone who has problems feel like it's their fault.

/rant

I'm with the guy in the video. Cartos in a tank. It'll have to do.

Sorry to hijack the thread but it makes me mad.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I completely agree!

I just spent $24 on products that were supposed to be "perfect out of the box" (they weren't) and now there's a whole darn thread on how to mod them to get them to work right.

I feel I've paid to be a beta tester and I'm VERY angry. Especially when I get a reply from the seller of "no one else is having problems" when there are over a dozen people in the same thread having the same problem as me.
I understand it's a manufacturing QC thing, but as a supplier, either voice support for your product or don't. Don't say they're perfect then make anyone who has problems feel like it's their fault.

/rant

I'm with the guy in the video. Cartos in a tank. It'll have to do.

Sorry to hijack the thread but it makes me mad.
I just don't understand why more people are not upset over this issue. If they were buying retail from a store I think they would be looking for a refund. This attitude you point out is getting old! "Well, just tweak it a bit and it will work perfect." Gee, thanks, it's a good thing all products don't work in this manner...

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I'm hoping we get a lot more members on this thread and maybe our suppliers can take more notice. I know that most of them probably wish they can join in on this thread as I'm sure they are just as frustrated, if not more then us. They have to deal with the customer complaints and other issues. Something really needs to be done. Maybe this thread can shed some light on other possible solutions.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I, too, have wasted so much money with crappy products. I fell victim to the smok tech carto debacle this spring. Bought 100 XL cartos LR an they were horrid. I spent $160 on those. Add that to the bad Boges I got last fall/winter and I am probably $300 in the hole for bad cartos alone. I realize there wil be some bad products in a mass produced lot, but when I put juice into 5-6 consecutive brand new cartos and they fail, I am also out the price of the juice. I DIY my juice but it is still costly and wasteful when I throw the juice away instead of vaping it.

Quality control along with fighting the bans ad the antz are the biggest obstacles of vaping. CASAA works hard on the legal and banning front lines.....we need on another organization of suppliers to work toward better quality control. Encouraging new vapers really does depend on having a quality product out there.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
That's a very good point. It would be great to have some sort of Consumer Protection Agency for vaping products.
I, too, have wasted so much money with crappy products. I fell victim to the smok tech carto debacle this spring. Bought 100 XL cartos LR an they were horrid. I spent $160 on those. Add that to the bad Boges I got last fall/winter and I am probably $300 in the hole for bad cartos alone. I realize there wil be some bad products in a mass produced lot, but when I put juice into 5-6 consecutive brand new cartos and they fail, I am also out the price of the juice. I DIY my juice but it is still costly and wasteful when I throw the juice away instead of vaping it.

Quality control along with fighting the bans ad the antz are the biggest obstacles of vaping. CASAA works hard on the legal and banning front lines.....we need on another organization of suppliers to work toward better quality control. Encouraging new vapers really does depend on having a quality product out there.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
While he makes some valid points, I think he's sort of missing the point. Vaping is, and always will be, a cost-benefit affair. In China the mantra is generally "make it fast and cheap." This is especially relevant (and deleterious) since these devices aren't made under contract for Western companies who have more skin in the quality control game.

Another issue is the inherent design defect in any cart - the polyfill. This stuff will inevitably clog, expand, and burn, thus creating all the problems he's .....ing about. Add those issues to a hermetically sealed tank and voila! A video.

Vaping is a relatively new activity, and the technology, while certainly available, hasn't reached the optimal cost-benefit ratio which would ensure quality products at reasonable prices. Just check out some of the rebuildable atomizers - $129!! Might be a good deal if you like fooling around with this stuff at that level, but for most... Apparently, though, in today's market that's what bullet-proof products cost.

Don't forget that manufacturers and vendors need to move inventory, so if every atty and cart lasts two or three months, they're not making any money. Fact of life, although it doesn't excuse defective crap.

The problem as I see it is that everyone expects perfection from dirt-cheap products. One reason I don't buy Vision-o-Mizers or whatever is that I'm not gonna drop 5 or 6 bucks on a something that's probably no better than a buck-twenty five Boge or Kanger. Until our Asian friends figure out that polyester wicks and fill are inferior materials for the purpose, all the fancy colored tubes, fat wicks, double-braiding, and blah are just icing on a moldy cake.

If you want to avoid at least some of the problems ranted about in the video try my new system - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-cartomizer-tank-discussion/298902-amazing-automatic-drip-o-mizer.html It's not perfect and you'll have to play around with it a bit for best results, but it's the closest thing I've found so far to ideal, relatively trouble-free advanced vaping. Leaks and gurgles? Sure, occasionally, but that's the current state-of-the-art.

Anyway, end of rant. Hmmm... maybe I should post a video too. Nah.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Encouraging new vapers really does depend on having a quality product out there.
Maybe we should start a list of equipment that works, and exclude all fanboys and fangirls from posting?
If I was going to start such a list I would say that never gotten a bad Joye 510 atomizer.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
The only issue with that is, just b/c yours works, doesn't mean mine does. That's the problem I'm talking about with these Chinese manufactures!
Maybe we should start a list of equipment that works, and exclude all fanboys and fangirls from posting?
If I was going to start such a list I would say that never gotten a bad Joye 510 atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread