Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Sometimes when removing the tank to re fill, and then re installing the tank, it fires hotter than what I had it set for originally for a while.
For example, I have it set for 400F, and 25 watts. I do the refill, put it back on, and it's way to hot. I back it off to maybe 350, or 375F, and maybe lower the watts. After awhile I have to take everything back up. It doesn't ask if this is a new tank, or whatever it is that it asks. I have 4 DNA's, and they will all do it, maybe not every time, but frequently. Really don't know what is going on with this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
That is a regular issue with bottom fill tanks. While the coil is hot or warm the ohm is different than at the room temp starting temp. To fix it you need to wait until the temp is room temperature and take it off and put it back on to reread.

All the DNA mods I have ask and you need to hit + or - to answer if it is the same or different coil. But they only ask if the coil has changed by a certain % otherwise they just use the new reading.

With the DNA 75C if you have this problem, you can just wait until it cools down, then use the menu to reread the atomizer.

• Informative
Reactions: Heartsdelight

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
That is a regular issue with bottom fill tanks. While the coil is hot or warm the ohm is different than at the room temp starting temp. To fix it you need to wait until the temp is room temperature and take it off and put it back on to reread.

All the DNA mods I have ask and you need to hit + or - to answer if it is the same or different coil. But they only ask if the coil has changed by a certain % otherwise they just use the new reading.

With the DNA 75C if you have this problem, you can just wait until it cools down, then use the menu to reread the atomizer.

None of mine are the 75c's. I'll make sure they sit for awhile before I take them off from now on.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Should have added that in addition to taking it off and waiting for it cool back down. You also have to fire it with the tank off before putting it back on so it says check atomizer before putting it back on to get the new reading or it will just keep the bad reading from the warm coil

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
In the escribe settings, get on the 'manufacturer' option, then check out the mod tab. There's this box with a cryptic label like 'lock range' which is probably set to 25%. This basically tells you that the mod won't ask you if you put a new tank on unless the resistance has changed by 25%.

Go ahead and decrease that number. I think I set it to 5% or something

Also, you could make sure your build is stable by running that case analyzer thing in escribe.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have escribe downloaded, but have never messed with it, I keep telling myself it's time to become somewhat familiar with it, but, ah, you know how it goes. :)
The documentation is really bad, the interface is like 90's scientific equipment software.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I have escribe downloaded, but have never messed with it, I keep telling myself it's time to become somewhat familiar with it, but, ah, you know how it goes. :)
That’s how I felt about Escribe exactly, once on its pretty easy on some things, others I haven’t a clue what they are :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread