Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Reactions: nicnik

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
They did stop using JC. I for one enjoyed the new tobacco flavor. But in the end, I have found what I have been looking for in the juul. Havnt touched my eroll in days now. Yeah it's more expensive to use the juul, but its just so easy and satisfying. I'm hoping in time, they bring the price of the pods down a bit, or at least run a lot of sales.

Reactions: Lessifer

MrProgrammer

Nov 6, 2015
RI
Does anyone know why you get a better hit when you take the pod out and put it back in? I wish it would hit like that without having to take the pod out.

From my experience its due to leaking juice. Sometimes some gets on the contacts which either cause it to not work at all or must add resistance so it doesn't heat up as well.

I've gone through like 2 or 3 Juul's that eventually died due to leaking juice. My friend who got one shortly after me still has his first one. Then again his pods will last a week and I go through a couple a day.
When they die it's scary as they start turning on by themselves and eventually start flashing all colors and finally turn red.

I carry q-tips with me to clean juice from the inside and every once and a while I blow into the charger end (or use compressed air) and watch juice pour out of the power LED hole (and for the first time this morning using compressed air instead of it dripping out it shot out in a mist and went into my eyes. Fun!)

I still love them though but am hopeful Juul 2.0 fixes these issues.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I know--I read the whole thing. Made me sick to my stomach.

Ahead the curve indeed...

What's the nefarious stuff juul's been up to? I checked out the link but I couldn't figure out what is being discussed here. Now I'm scared I'll be in a moral dilemma by continuing to buy more pods, which would be awful since I've been using the Juul about 80% of the time now and would hate to give it up!

Also for anyone experiencing leaking into the battery area, at least in my case I found all the leaking comes from condensation or spit-up juice that accumulates in the mouthpiece section and then seeps back down into the battery compartment by clinging to the inside surface of the mouthpiece, which touches the top of the battery.

I removed the black mouthpiece and trimmed the base so that it doesn't go below the little notches on the side, whenever I switch pods I just remove the stock mouthpiece at the same time as I remove the plastic covers and then put the modified ones on.

This way there is no contact between the mouthpiece and the battery, so any leakage from the mouthpiece area becomes obvious way before it gets a chance to get down to the battery compartment, and you can remove the mouthpiece easily to clean up any juice in there before it becomes an issue.

To avoid having to remove the stock mouthpiece every time I change a pod I just remove them from a whole pack at once, and replace them with the spare covers meant for the other side. This way changing the mouthpiece over is a lot easier than dealing with prying those tabs up every time.

CAM01517.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread