The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Another article on the Juul

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by kakiser56, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Curiouser and curiouser.

I saw Juul at my gas station today and almost got one, but I really don't want to go anywhere near 50 mg nic. I tried Enjoy disposable at low strength (36mg, if memory serves) and I couldn't handle it. Way too much for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cardsfan300

cardsfan300 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Just an FYI..got an email from Juul today. Through 10/28 they have a buy 2 packs of pods, get 1 free. Use juul-fall-sale at check out.

3. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Also, I have tried the new Njoy daily disposable. Its a nice vape, but nothing much different than the kings. It lasts longer than the king, but nothing special. Blu disposables last longer than the new njoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. lpboyle

lpboyle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2010
    Louisville, KY USA
    Then again I think Blu tastes like caca ever since they went to the "tanks" both in their cartridges and disposables.

5. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I heard they stopped using Johnson Creek liquid and started making their own, that could be the reason behind the taste change.

6. lpboyle

lpboyle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2010
    Louisville, KY USA
    I've heard that as well. I have moved on from them since.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    They did stop using JC. I for one enjoyed the new tobacco flavor. But in the end, I have found what I have been looking for in the juul. Havnt touched my eroll in days now. Yeah it's more expensive to use the juul, but its just so easy and satisfying. I'm hoping in time, they bring the price of the pods down a bit, or at least run a lot of sales.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cardsfan300

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Does anyone know why you get a better hit when you take the pod out and put it back in? I wish it would hit like that without having to take the pod out.

9. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Well, no JUUL for me... Weasel. :facepalm:

The smart thinking of Mitch Zeller???? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I know--I read the whole thing. Made me sick to my stomach.

Ahead the curve indeed...

12. choochoogranny

choochoogranny Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    Did Pax Labs develop the Juul which is now being sold by tobacco co.? If so, wouldn't that make them by business connection a part of the tobacco industry? Wouldn't the tobacco companies be happy that vaping companies go away and Pax be the only major developer of vaping gear? :(

13. MrProgrammer

MrProgrammer New Member

Nov 6, 2015
    RI
    From my experience its due to leaking juice. Sometimes some gets on the contacts which either cause it to not work at all or must add resistance so it doesn't heat up as well.

I've gone through like 2 or 3 Juul's that eventually died due to leaking juice. My friend who got one shortly after me still has his first one. Then again his pods will last a week and I go through a couple a day.
    When they die it's scary as they start turning on by themselves and eventually start flashing all colors and finally turn red.

I carry q-tips with me to clean juice from the inside and every once and a while I blow into the charger end (or use compressed air) and watch juice pour out of the power LED hole (and for the first time this morning using compressed air instead of it dripping out it shot out in a mist and went into my eyes. Fun!)

I still love them though but am hopeful Juul 2.0 fixes these issues.

14. UncleChuck

UncleChuck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Portland
    What's the nefarious stuff juul's been up to? I checked out the link but I couldn't figure out what is being discussed here. Now I'm scared I'll be in a moral dilemma by continuing to buy more pods, which would be awful since I've been using the Juul about 80% of the time now and would hate to give it up!

Also for anyone experiencing leaking into the battery area, at least in my case I found all the leaking comes from condensation or spit-up juice that accumulates in the mouthpiece section and then seeps back down into the battery compartment by clinging to the inside surface of the mouthpiece, which touches the top of the battery.

I removed the black mouthpiece and trimmed the base so that it doesn't go below the little notches on the side, whenever I switch pods I just remove the stock mouthpiece at the same time as I remove the plastic covers and then put the modified ones on.

This way there is no contact between the mouthpiece and the battery, so any leakage from the mouthpiece area becomes obvious way before it gets a chance to get down to the battery compartment, and you can remove the mouthpiece easily to clean up any juice in there before it becomes an issue.

To avoid having to remove the stock mouthpiece every time I change a pod I just remove them from a whole pack at once, and replace them with the spare covers meant for the other side. This way changing the mouthpiece over is a lot easier than dealing with prying those tabs up every time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.