Not open for further replies.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
Bought a Macanudo cigar.
Tore this up and put in a mason jar
Added some cheap flue cured, about a 1/4 of what the Macanudo was.
Covered with PG, and heated in microwave for about 12 sec a couple of times to get it warm and steaming
Let this sit and cool, and repeated this 4 times, got a nice amber color.
Let it sit for 24 hours.
Filtered 3 times through coffee filter, from 1 layer to 3 or 5 layers cause I kinda folded it a few times and stuffed in the hole of the filter with the end of a rounded spoon, the made a good seal and did not waste a lot of juice leaching into the rest of a larger filter paper, gravity filtered. But took about 3 hours or so I guess.
Yielded about 100ml

This is some great flavor.

Mixed this in at 12% with VG
1% - MTS Vape Wizard
2.5% - Bitter Wizard
at 3mg

Tried this for a bit and was getting sour notes on the back end
Added a few drops of Ethel Maltol and it's perfect.

As it has been steeping over the past week it has only gotten better.
I have some other juices I have to vape first. but will be making a batch of this to steep for a while.

Picked up some whole leaf Burley and American and Canadian Flue Cured tobacco
Also have a Dark Maduro that I started today and will let this sit till I get my
Buchner Funnel, Filter Flask and decent brake fluid pump (not the cheap plastic ones they sell in kits).
This was a fairly cheap setup depending on choices and where you get the items.
We will see how it works out. Christmas time.

Will filter down to 2.5 micron maybe lower, I guess.

Thanks to everyone for the info provided throughout various threads.

Good luck to those that take on this fun hobby.

The real task is finding the flavors of tobacco that work for you. I have no idea what that is yet.
Bummer it takes so long to find out.

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
Bought a Macanudo cigar.
Tore this up and put in a mason jar
Added some cheap flue cured, about a 1/4 of what the Macanudo was.
Covered with PG, and heated in microwave for about 12 sec a couple of times to get it warm and steaming
Let this sit and cool, and repeated this 4 times, got a nice amber color.
Let it sit for 24 hours.
Filtered 3 times through coffee filter, from 1 layer to 3 or 5 layers cause I kinda folded it a few times and stuffed in the hole of the filter with the end of a rounded spoon, the made a good seal and did not waste a lot of juice leaching into the rest of a larger filter paper, gravity filtered. But took about 3 hours or so I guess.
Yielded about 100ml

This is some great flavor.

Mixed this in at 12% with VG
1% - MTS Vape Wizard
2.5% - Bitter Wizard
at 3mg

Tried this for a bit and was getting sour notes on the back end
Added a few drops of Ethel Maltol and it's perfect.

As it has been steeping over the past week it has only gotten better.
I have some other juices I have to vape first. but will be making a batch of this to steep for a while.

Picked up some whole leaf Burley and American and Canadian Flue Cured tobacco
Also have a Dark Maduro that I started today and will let this sit till I get my
Buchner Funnel, Filter Flask and decent brake fluid pump (not the cheap plastic ones they sell in kits).
This was a fairly cheap setup depending on choices and where you get the items.
We will see how it works out. Christmas time.

Will filter down to 2.5 micron maybe lower, I guess.

Thanks to everyone for the info provided throughout various threads.

Good luck to those that take on this fun hobby.

The real task is finding the flavors of tobacco that work for you. I have no idea what that is yet.
Bummer it takes so long to find out.

Been meaning to get the Bitter Wizard and MTS Vape Wizard. Never tried them. From their descriptions, it seems like they would work well with these extracts. Especially the BW. Added to cart! Thanks and good luck with your extracts. Post us on your whole leaf projects.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
I did look at the Ethanol threads. I might try that some day
For now. The Macanudo is really good, really really good.
The Maduro is good, but needs a week+ to say for sure.
Started the preliminary filtering of the Whole Leaf American Flue Cured and Burley

Neither of these required any kind of day long cook times or 6 week long bath times to get excellent flavor.

I am a NET vapor now.

Got the 1 micron filter felt but need the rest before I run them through that.
I will still use what I have for now. there isn't any particles floating around in them, but I am sure I can get a better clarity out of them
will want to see how much that changes the flavor anyway.

With the Maduro and AFCB, I just mixed those at approx 20/80VG
Nothing else in them.

In Velocity on a Lavabox .26 Dual Claptons at 60W. Pretty nice so far without a steep.
I like it, and trust me, I am friggin picky about flavors. Have yet to find a juice that I liked off the shelf.
Some are ok, but, none I ever finished, or wish to.
these I will finish. That is saying something.

Basically, imo, you don't need hella cooks and dark liquids to get flavor out of plain tobacco, cigar or otherwise.

While I am interested in the Frozen Ethanol processes, I can't get higher than 150 PGA.

Reactions: anavidfan

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Just started an extraction using Isopropyl Alcohol as an experiment. I hear there is not much an after taste if done properly, but the flavor is not on par with Pure Grain alcohol - this according to Stra8vision from the Ethanol thread. Just had to find out for myself. Anyone try this before?

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Just started an extraction using Isopropyl Alcohol as an experiment. I hear there is not much an after taste if done properly, but the flavor is not on par with Pure Grain alcohol - this according to Stra8vision from the Ethanol thread. Just had to find out for myself. Anyone try this before?

nope... too many other things in IPA that can cause issues... fragrences, methanol ( denatured IPA) industrial contaminates...
not intended for inhalation, just quick external use in most cases ( cleaning skin for an injection site etc) plus, it is a great solvent for oils... and paint and bug guts and....

Reactions: Exchaner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread