Another Fledgling Reonaut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
There's no battle for supremacy there. That REO is just daring that blinking pimp stick to open its mouth so it can slap that tank off it, stomp it into the floor then choke its last breath out of it so its nothing more than an overpriced ohm meter :)
It does a good job of checking ohms for me though. :D It's already in my mod stand, haven't touched it all night - I've been vaping the Grand like a freight train ever since I brought it home!

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
There's no battle for supremacy there. That REO is just daring that blinking pimp stick to open its mouth so it can slap that tank off it, stomp it into the floor then choke its last breath out of it so its nothing more than an overpriced ohm meter :)

It does a good job of checking ohms for me though. :D It's already in my mod stand, haven't touched it all night - I've been vaping the Grand like a freight train ever since I brought it home!

Congrats, Cactus Breath! super_X is right. You should keep them separated before the trouble starts. This is what happened to my unfortunate vamo ;)

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
Your in trouble now...nobody can do just one!
Welcome!

Okay, you all convinced me...I placed my order tonight for my first Reo. Reo Grand, Black Wrinkle/Silver Vein, along with a Reomizer 2.0 and spare parts (RM screws & o-ring, a few extra bottles, a couple battery springs and a button cover). I've already got batteries, Kanthal wire and plenty of cotton balls standing by, resisting the urge to wrap a micro coil for it ahead of time so I can slap it in there and go! :) Of course I had to wait until a holiday weekend to pull the trigger, prolonging the usual agony of waiting for vapemail by an extra day, but I'm anxiously looking forward to the first squonk and vape.

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
The Grand has arrived! Already had the coil wrapped, so bolted it into the RM2 and wicked it with cotton ball. Micro coil 1.4mm" ID, 30ga Kanthal, 8 wraps, metered at 1.3 Ω by the time I trimmed the legs:
View attachment 249055

Here's the Grand already battling for supremacy (and offering a size comparison) with the ProVari:
View attachment 249056

...and nestling nicely into my hand - the midget with a mighty roar!:
View attachment 249057

Beautiful build and finish, and it's as sturdy as I thought it would be - built like a tank and fits the hand nicely. First vape was a beautiful thing - loaded it up with Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand (50/50) and at 1.3 ohms on a fresh 18650, it was putting out some very nice clouds!

I'm greatly impressed and happy to have landed in the ranks of the Reonauts. Thanks for a great mod, Rob! :thumbs:

Looks like we led parallel lives a week apart. My Provari has been fully relegated to ohm checker status. I am contemplating selling all of my IBTanks in the nest week or so, and I never thought that would happen. The idea of never buying, flailing, flooding another carto makes me really happy. I can buy enough Kanthal to last me the next 10 years and already have enough wick material to last me for the rest of my life for less than what I would spend on cartos that would only get me through a couple of months.

Glad you are digging it like I am!

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Looks like we led parallel lives a week apart. My Provari has been fully relegated to ohm checker status. I am contemplating selling all of my IBTanks in the nest week or so, and I never thought that would happen. The idea of never buying, flailing, flooding another carto makes me really happy. I can buy enough Kanthal to last me the next 10 years and already have enough wick material to last me for the rest of my life for less than what I would spend on cartos that would only get me through a couple of months.

Glad you are digging it like I am!
I know exactly what you mean. I think I'm gonna hold on to my tanks because as much as cartos can be a pain sometimes, I'm a flavor ..... and like to switch it up 4 or 5 times a day - so the ProVari can sit at the desk where I can screw tanks on and off it (and check ohms on my atty builds), while the Reo goes everywhere else with me. :) It'll also be my backup, at least until I buy another Reo (yeah, it's already been relegated to backup status at this point).

As for buying enough Kanthal for 10 years - I think I just did! I've got 100 feet of it on the way and a giant bag of cotton balls that should last me a lifetime and beyond (unless I switch to that rolled cotton that Supe and a few of the others seem to like so well).

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
I know exactly what you mean. I think I'm gonna hold on to my tanks because as much as cartos can be a pain sometimes, I'm a flavor ..... and like to switch it up 4 or 5 times a day - so the ProVari can sit at the desk where I can screw tanks on and off it (and check ohms on my atty builds), while the Reo goes everywhere else with me. :) It'll also be my backup, at least until I buy another Reo (yeah, it's already been relegated to backup status at this point).

As for buying enough Kanthal for 10 years - I think I just did! I've got 100 feet of it on the way and a giant bag of cotton balls that should last me a lifetime and beyond (unless I switch to that rolled cotton that Supe and a few of the others seem to like so well).

Yeah I got a box of the rolled cotton. I know for a fact that the box is going to wear out before I ever get through 1/100 of it. Hahaha

And yeah, I am about to buy another roll of Kanthal. I have around 90 feet left of 30g that I bought when I first got into RBA, but with the RM2, I am going to get a second roll of 27 or 28. Haven't decided yet, although at around $7 a roll, I might as well get both. It's not like it breaks the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread