Any other Mechheads out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I've been vaping for about 2 years now and have tried pretty much every mod or type of mod made. I've got a lot...a lot of mods. Out of everything, I'm pretty much devoted to mechs and prefer them to vv/vw mods because of the simplicity of use and convenience. I've been playing with my Hanas for a while and carry one everyday to work, along with a VShark, but I constantly find myself using just the mechs. Anyone else a purist? A devotee to the originals?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Regulated mod? Ah... what's that?
unknown.gif

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I exclusively use mechanical mods. I too prefer the simplicity and especially the small form factor (I mostly use 18350 batteries). I do have a Provari v2 but I only use that when I build (I like to fire my microcoils while compressing them with ceramic tweezers). VW box mods may be all the rage right now, but I'll continue to use and cherish my collection of authentic mechanical mods.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
To go with the spirit of the topic, it really just depends on my mood, which tank I want to use, and what I'll be doing for the day. If I find myself visiting the vape shop, I might bring my hammer with my subtank to show off. If I work out doors and know my mod will be abused, more often than not I'll use my Zombi or Nemesis with either subtank mini or kayfun v4 (with steel tank). And if I'm justo ut and about, want something pocket friendly but powerful, I'll take my new vaporshark DNA 40. Lastly, if I'm dripping, I use my IPV2, although I have plans on selling it in the near future.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Yeah they hard to give up. I generally like my regulated mods, but I keep my Nemesis going just for the pure size and convenience. All stainless steel mod and tank looks stellar in my opinion.

Throw a kick in there and get a regulated with style best part? If ya ever blow the reg take it out n keep going unlike all the vv vw mods
I use a nemi kickd for a kayfun sometimes

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Throw a kick in there and get a regulated with style best part? If ya ever blow the reg take it out n keep going unlike all the vv vw mods
I use a nemi kickd for a kayfun sometimes

A 12 watt kick is hardly worth the effort and most you can only build down to 1.0 Ohm. If I was really worried about hard shorts I'd just use a vape fuse. Regulated mods these days are solid. But I still like the looks of my Nemesis.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Ah see you show your inexperience young jedi.

The idea behind regulation in the first place is so you dont have to build a low ohm setup. Before regulated mods were popular we had no choices you picked a 510 or ego or you got a mechanical.

the k2 is 15watts I run a kayfun at about 1.5ohms and 11 watts
even unregulated I run my geniesis at .7 .8. And still get a great vape to about 3.5v

I know its all the rage right now but all these ultra low super amped builds arent vaping, thats cloud chasing, nothing against it but it's not manditory to still get a nice thick enjoyable vape, you just have to learn to tune your setups.

20150222_100720.jpg
20150221_080958.jpg

Last edited:

gelgoog

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2014
Houston, TX
i started with ego batteries. the only regulated mod i have is an itaste 134. simple device. use turn the wheel for more power. i have only gotten mechs from that point. i hate menus and have to remember a bunch of button combinations. i have no need to switch from volts to watts, puff counters, different profiles, my picture on the screen, know the ohms of my topper, displays in 20 different languages, temp control, etc. i like a simple small mod that just works.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Ah see you show your inexperience young jedi.

The idea behind regulation in the first place is so you dont have to build a low ohm setup. Before regulated mods were popular we had no choices you picked a 510 or ego or you got a mechanical.

the k2 is 15watts I run a kayfun at about 1.5ohms and 11 watts
even unregulated I run my geniesis at .7 .8. And still get a great vape to about 3.5v

I know its all the rage right now but all these ultra low super amped builds arent vaping, thats cloud chasing, nothing against it but it's not manditory to still get a nice thick enjoyable vape, you just have to learn to tune your setups.

I assume that was directed to me o' wise Yoda. More than likely you're not getting 15 watts on your K2 kick. All the discussions I've read is they tend top out at about 12 watts even though they claim 15 watts. At .7 or .8 ohms on a fully charged battery (un-kicked) you'd be getting 25 watts not the paltry 12 watts from a kick. And you wouldn’t even be able to use a k2 at those low ohms so it's moot.

Nowhere did I say you need to build low ohm coils on a regulated. Your writing not mine. My point was in today's world the advantage of using a mechanical over a regulated has long past except for pure aesthetics. And possibly durability. So while mechanicals are not inherently dangerous in the right hands, regulated devices are vastly safer and far more tunable.

As to your last point - nothing but conjecture.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
charged battery (un-kicked) you'd be getting 25 watts not the paltry 12 watts from a kick..

This is exactly the point I am arguing. Its only paltry to you.

Funny how its not sufficient yet the ego is still the number one sold and used device with its paultry 7 or 8 watts

Just cuase you dont like it, or you dont believe in it doesnt mean it isnt a viable option for many. I seem to recall many people when the dna 20 popped up thinking omg what are you going to do with that much power.

And yea my opinion holds, people been vaping just fine on 10-20 watts since 07-08, high power mods and cloud chasing didnt start till last year. And a good 2/3 of those people didnt get into vaping to stop smoking.
Not putting down what you prefer or think is the norm. But you are taking a very narrow view of what will or wont work for people based on what you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread