Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I was wondering if anyone who sings has experienced any side effects from vaping. I feel like vaping maybe effecting my tone. It could very well just be from eating sweets but I haven't eaten that much of them. I vape far more than I eat sweet stuff so if vaping can have an effect I would first suspect that to be the culprit.

Your thoughts? Your experiences?

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
That's what my gf does. Lots and lots of water. She always buys a couple of gallons a few days before a gig.

I am a vocal teacher and singer. I have noticed some variance to my tone, but my low range (bass II) is back to what it was in college...(hitting a fairly solid low C compared to E when I was smoking analogues). Lots of water, that's all.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I've noticed that, when using higher or 100% VG, I tend to lose my lower ranges and become a bit raspy.

jeffersons.jpg

Approves

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I don't sing professionally anymore, but I do R&B (Teena Marie, Chaka Khan...) and I did notice that my tone has gotten a little muffled, like there's something in my throat. I try to clear my throat, but nothing happens. I did get my range back though, and no longer feel that raw, scratchy pain or get hoarse and lose my voice when I belt out in my car!
Agreed, water helps some.

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Fresh watery fruits like watermelon, honeydew, cantloupe help the dry throat a lot (kind of like lubicant) - at least for me they do...

There was a yound lady on this forum before (have not seen her post in a long time), that claimed she lost the raspiness in her voice with giving up smokes - the raspiness was her mainstay in her voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread