Anyone tried the new Kanger .5ohm SSOOCC yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
It's getting like alphabet soup!

So there I was and have been since Oct 2015 - my first dabble into sub ohm tank vaping - pretty darn impressed with the vape I get on my CF4 on the Subtank nano .5ohm VCC's.... They last ages and chuck big (for me) flavourful clouds, really great piece of engineering IMHO.

Now I went to the shop earlier and asked for 'a subtank .5ohm coil please' and they don't sell the .5ohm vertical organic cotton coils any more but new ROUND .5ohm stainless steel organic cotton vertical coil.

Cost me £4 for one! Better be worth it!

Anyone tried them yet, looked for reviews but they literally just hit the streets so not much about..? The guy in the store says he's tried them and they wick better, not like the VCC's had any problems in that regard... that reads to me like 'we sell them because they go through more juice...' Honestly the VCC ones are so good already....

I guess if they're better, they're better and if not massively better, I'll be saving money hopefully by continuing to buy the old VCC's which one would hope will maybe drop a little in price....

Peace.

fenderstrat

Nov 28, 2015
aston,pa
they come in several configurations and from what I can tell ,on a few, only the outer case is stainless steel.Being that SS is all the rage as the actual vape wire I thought these new coils were SS wire but apparently no they have a ni200 ss coil and a kanthal ss coil.I have no clue as to why the change in shell material or shape except that I think the shape leaves a bit more room for juice
this may be change for the sake of change though as the v2 verticle coils were fine just as they were.maybe they were lasting too long and not using enough juice,also they are gonna do a ss clapton coil

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm using one of these now, and it's actually my first real venture into trying subing. I tried it once before, but I didn't like it. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying this. I'm only using it around 30-32W and using it on a SubTank Plus 2. (the 7mil one) It's sort of mild and doesn't hit me as hard as some .5's have previously, which I like. Though that might have something to do with the size of the tank.

My friend is also using these, and he says they burn out in just a few days. But he could be chain vaping quite a bit. So, not sure of the lifespan yet, but that's the one thing I would focus on before buying a lot more.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
My wife has a Subtank Nano and I picked up a pack of these.

I am super impressed with them. Are they all claptons?? Cause thats what I got her.

The mod she has it on only goes to 50w but they play with that wattage. She uses a 3mg juice so during "testing? I blew through a tank of juice in like 5 minutes.

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
Tried one. Lasted about a week before I had a leaky mess on my hands. Thought it was better than the regular vertical coils. The BF tried them. They last about two weeks for him. He likes them a lot more than the other coils in the subtank. I don't know if he likes them enough to switch from the RBA. I think I'll keep some around just for convenience.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
*NEW* Kanger SSOCC Coils (Subtank Nebox) - Kanger Coils - Kangertech - Tanks & Coils

"The same great subtank coils, now in a cylinder shape! They are exactly the same internally, they vape the same, taste the same... just a new 'outside'. This cylinder shape allows your tank to hold more liquid because they take up less space.

Most of these coils are made of nichrome wire, just like all older square Subtank coils. They did add one new coil, clapton 0.5 ohm, and that is made with kanthal wire. Of course the 0.15 ohm are nickel wire." :)

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Yea locally I hit a shortage in them in December. The ssoccs are really the same. No problems with them. Been switching back and forth trying to find a difference and no, none to note. The only thing I can say is they're a tad more difficult to close the mod together with like at first it didn't seem like it wanted to fit you gotta fing the groove more but that's all I can say in their difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Well If they are pretty much the same, hopefully Kanger will keep making the V1 and they'll be cheaper or stay the same price, which is still cheaper than V2 or maybe they'll go one sale as I'm happy enough with V1

I don't remember them being more expensive online or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderstrat

Nov 28, 2015
    aston,pa
    well, filed under the weird timing catagory.......I hadn't been in a B+M in months and was out last night and stumbled across a new one.So I went in to check it out.The guy behind the counter was unboxing new coils and had these IN HIS HAND...how weird is that,so I got one.
    So far I am NOT impressed the only difference I can see is the tip gets MUCH hotter.I am of the belief you can't get an opinion on just one coil as they vary way too much but so far I dont see the big deal.Yes slightly more room for juice but unless its me it seems the tip really heats up with these

oh and yes the tank definately does not want to go together easily like it used to,you really got to press to get the threads to catch

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread