The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone using the NextGen Genisis Atty?

Discussion in 'Genesis' started by Taff Evans, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VictorC

VictorC Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario
    Mesh only.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChelsB

ChelsB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I'm just getting in to mesh and have been having issues. Do you all make the coil first or build the coil around the wick?
    I have a hard time threading the wick so I wonder how others are doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks @VictorC , thats what I thought. I read the above post and thought maybe some were setting it up like the In'ax with cotton.

Looks like Im going to have to give re-building it a try. It was gifted to me and sent all set up. I have been using it since it got in yesterday with my favorite NET. Last night I had to dry burn when the taste changed from wonderful to "dirty" and I saw the coil and wick and it looked like a burnt turd.

Dry burned it, and all was good again. Went thru 9mls and this morning , awful burnt taste. Think this NET is just too gross for it.

So any tips for 90% VG non- NET , I have 300,400,500 mesh and only have 28 gauge SS.

4. VictorC

VictorC Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario
    Mesh 200 with 4-5 wraps of wire should do the trick. You also need to learn how to oxidize the mesh and deal with hot spots. I suggest to watch a tutorial:

• Like Like x 1
  5. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks, Ive had Gennies before and my scarred fingers are proof :)

So you think that 200 mesh is better than 500? There is a lot of different opinions that always confuse me.
    I will just experiment.....

thanks VictorC !!!!

6. yourgurnard

yourgurnard Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2015
    London
    Yeah, sadly I had to give up using My Next-Gen & Next-tiny clones 'cos of the exact same thing....& unlike other gennies & drippers, I could n't just slide the wick out of the coil for cleaning 'cos of the top nut fixing....
    The attie'd be great with cleaner juices but as I'm only vaping diy-NETs.........

• Like Like x 1
  7. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Update on setting up the NexTiny. It was a success. Had to re wind the coil, had it starting up too high on the wick and kept getting a hot spot near the screw. Gonna have to practice wrapping the wire, would like to get the resistance a bit higher. Came out to .60 , I usually like to get it at around .80 The top of the NexT gets real warm.

Really like the taste Im getting with my DIY Lemon Chiffon, whatever..... Too bad it did not work out with my NETs, cause it is really good for a couple mls.

• Like Like x 1
  8. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    BTW anyone have a source for getting one of the open feeder deck for NexTiny/ Nextasis

9. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    nextiny-0004.jpg Update, got this baby going great. I set it up with 400 mesh and 30g SS at .90 resistance. Thinking I dont need the open feeder.

Might go a tad lower resistance next time. Love this, easiest Genesis ever, at least for me :)

Anyone know how the NexTiny compares to the 16mm one by In'Ax ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I just sold my NexTiny to another member and now Im worried. It did not have a serial number on the bottom of the base, but it did have an authenticity card with a number.

I didnt even think there were any clones of the NexTiny made? The person just messaged me asking about its authenticity because of lack of number and I do take that seriously, as I would and never have sold a clone as genuine.....

Can any of the NexTIny vets confirm serial numbers ? I did ask someone about the lack of numbers when I got mine and was told earlier batches did not have numbers , just the VW logo and when I look at the videos from VW and other good reviewers I dont see serials .. Do Vapeware Mods hide the numbers?

Here is the one

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    At .37
    I see no numbers

At 6:02
    I see no numbers

Haven't found any mention of numbers on these.

12. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks Classie, I was freaking out, really I was..... I started thinking I saw numbers, watching those same vids over and over again.......

13. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Here is the response I FB:
    unnamed.jpg

14. Iv3shf

Iv3shf Full Member

May 25, 2017
    Italy/England
    I was just going to say it, you'll find yourself better with a #325 or a #400 rather then a 200SF.
    I really have mistreated the NextGen (poor sod..) with hardly ever any issues, last week I built on it a double parallel with a 28 on a #325 and not even an hot to deal with, old but still love it!
    200SF is a sort of remedy for all troubles (i.e. Sat22 and Rocket R won't even work without it) that's what I think it's for.

Nextasis should be here this week, (Praise the Lord..) and after that one I'll try to get a Spider BF.. BTW anyone wants to get rid of his?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.