APC UPB10 USB Power Pack on Sale Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Just a FYI for europeans: you don't get to see what the shippingprices are until right at the end of ordering. But ordering 1 pack it's 14.99 for the pack, and 19.54 for the shipping to the netherlands.
Ordering 2, then both posts are doubled (which seems strange to me: sending out 2 packs together just isn't going to amount to double the postage-costs of shipping one unit... but well, that are their prices anyway).

D

Dukeboy08

I have to say that I have enjoyed my APC battery pack until last friday, when at the bowling alley it just decided to not give me any power. It showed on the led that it was fully charged but wouldn't give me any power. Overnight I left it on charge on my computer since they didn't include a wall adapter for it in my package. (bummer) And now the led shows that it's charging all the way to the last led but won't completely charge it. I'm bummed out now because I think I might have gotten a refurbished one that they repackaged and just told fry's that it was brand new.. who knows. But now I have to wait for a response from APC to tell me what I need to do to make it work or send it to them, being that it's only 14 days old and still under the 1 year warranty.

I've got 3 vapers in the house and mine being the first one bought is the only one that has broke.. ahhhh!
I have another bit of bad news to share:
After Calling APC today about my bad mobile battery pack, They told me that they are no longer making this model and do not have any in stock to replace my battery pack. They advised me to send it to a place to get it fixed..........Nothing else they could do with it. After thinking about it I did call Fry's and they have a 30 day money back guarantee on the orders so they told me that they would happily send me another one but would have to charge me for the new one until they got my bad battery pack. Plus They would pay me back for my shipping costs to send it to them.

Just thought I would let everyone know. APC is getting rid of all mobile products including our beloved Mobile Battery Pack.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Fry's has them on sale for $14.99(shipping not included) again! If you were wanting one now would be the time to get it. This has been the cheapest list price seen on this unit.

Not sure what the time window is on this.

FRYS.com*|*APC (UPB10)

Thanks for letting us know about the sale being on again! I missed it last time and ended up ordering one on ebay instead. I've had it for about 4 days now... and love it! I bought 3 more from Fry's because we've convinced at least 2 out of our 3 smoking (adult) children to try the e-cigs... and figured they will love the battery pack option! :D

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Boy, what fast service!! Ordered 2 battery packs yesterday at 11:15 am and they arrived today @ 11:30 am by U.S.mail.:thumbs::thumbs::hubba:
They came with adapter so I can plug into wall outlet to charge up,which is what I'm doing now.

:thumb:I ordered one yesterday (UPS Ground) and mine came in today too!!! I don't know if it is thanks to Frys, or UPS. Either way, I am totally stoked. Mine is charging, and I can't wait to use it.:thumb:

HDBanger

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montrose, MN
I agree Gabby, Im sure the forum will be on it's toes and have a few more models tested and links posted within a week or 2. I ordered two of the APC's, hoping they last a few months at least, then a search for another model will begin, lol.. Ive already seen a few others posted, and found one on ebay quite easily, wont be a problem me thinks. I just got my 4 pack of cr123's and dual charger from dealsX, My SD wont be wanting for anything for awhile. (my closet looks like a chem lab with all the diff ejuice bottles and atomizers and syringes etc). :cool:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Boy, what fast service!! Ordered 2 battery packs yesterday at 11:15 am and they arrived today @ 11:30 am by U.S.mail.:thumbs::thumbs::hubba:
They came with adapter so I can plug into wall outlet to charge up,which is what I'm doing now.

Do they all come with wall chargers? And how long is the charge time?

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread