Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Mine was the same way for about the first 2 weeks I had it. I take it apart, clean and rinse it every night before bed, and gradually, that gritty feel just went away. I think it is the machining on the threads just wearing down and smoothing over time. I've had mine for over 2 months now, and it has no binding or other issues. I also gotta add that I do not use any lubes of any kind on the threads, I just clean them thoroughly every night.

Cheers namuch, Just cleaned again after using the vaseline, and now a bit better already!

Just trying to find the happy medium for res now? seen and read a few methods, have tried filling atty and letting it soak in (I did put some drops on res before first use), then adding 6-7 more but am having mixed results at moment with dry spots after only a few vapes (10/12). Going keep at it till find the sweet spot of filling /vaping, overall think one of the nicest of the many mods in my collection!

FOUND REASON FOR DRY SPOTS MY ERROR ATTY WASN'T TIGHT ENOUGH DOH!

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Cheers namuch, Just cleaned again after using the vaseline, and now a bit better already!

Just trying to find the happy medium for res now? seen and read a few methods, have tried filling atty and letting it soak in (I did put some drops on res before first use), then adding 6-7 more but am having mixed results at moment with dry spots after only a few vapes (10/12). Going keep at it till find the sweet spot of filling /vaping, overall think one of the nicest of the many mods in my collection!

FOUND REASON FOR DRY SPOTS MY ERROR ATTY WASN'T TIGHT ENOUGH DOH!

The entire unit is nickel plated, including the threads. This makes them a slight bit bigger than how they originally were, which makes the tight grinding sound and feeling. Just give it some time and that nickel plating will smooth out.

As for filling the RES, try this. Fill up your atomizer til its completely full. Then gently blow the liquid through your atomizer down into the RES. Do this a few times until the RES is full. Make sure not to blow too hard or liquid will come out of the air holes on the top of the outside of the RES. It will also do this if it is too full. It just takes a little practice but I have found that way works the best, and the fastest. Congrats on your new unit, I am glad you are liking it so much.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
The entire unit is nickel plated, including the threads. This makes them a slight bit bigger than how they originally were, which makes the tight grinding sound and feeling. Just give it some time and that nickel plating will smooth out.

As for filling the RES, try this. Fill up your atomizer til its completely full. Then gently blow the liquid through your atomizer down into the RES. Do this a few times until the RES is full. Make sure not to blow too hard or liquid will come out of the air holes on the top of the outside of the RES. It will also do this if it is too full. It just takes a little practice but I have found that way works the best, and the fastest. Congrats on your new unit, I am glad you are liking it so much.

Thank`s for reply :)

Will not be taking it apart that often anyhow it stuck to my hand as I type ha-ha!

Been vaping it all day, and getting the hang of the res now, it not a very steep learning curve? And have now got to a happy medium of when to add some more juice (I'm finding straight into the res working best as you suggest)

I was a bit reluctant to purchase after some mixed reviews, and niggles some have pointed out? But I can honestly say after 3 years of vaping and countless devices costing ££££$$$$$ over the years! This is one of nicest I have owned, and if it carries on performing as it is I will definitively be recommending it to others!

Great job, and very happy I took plunge!

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have the alpha ultramax unit with res and I also have a hard time sliding up the battery tube to make tha connection after about 3 times it will not budge and I either have to wipe my thumb or switch hands. I also have a hard time with the tank, i follow the directions as to how many drips to put into it and drip into the atty but the flavor drops off really quick like it is dry.

I am really frustrated with this unit. Any suggestions?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Thank`s for reply :)

Will not be taking it apart that often anyhow it stuck to my hand as I type ha-ha!

Been vaping it all day, and getting the hang of the res now, it not a very steep learning curve? And have now got to a happy medium of when to add some more juice (I'm finding straight into the res working best as you suggest)

I was a bit reluctant to purchase after some mixed reviews, and niggles some have pointed out? But I can honestly say after 3 years of vaping and countless devices costing ££££$$$$$ over the years! This is one of nicest I have owned, and if it carries on performing as it is I will definitively be recommending it to others!

Great job, and very happy I took plunge!

Thats awesome to hear. All the hard work of designing and developing the alphas totally pays off when we get a response like that. I believe that it will perform exactly the same for years and years to come, so you're in luck!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I have the alpha ultramax unit with res and I also have a hard time sliding up the battery tube to make tha connection after about 3 times it will not budge and I either have to wipe my thumb or switch hands. I also have a hard time with the tank, i follow the directions as to how many drips to put into it and drip into the atty but the flavor drops off really quick like it is dry.

I am really frustrated with this unit. Any suggestions?

For getting it to not fire, try wiping down the inside of the main body with the cape cod polishing cloth. Also wipe down the very top and very bottom of the battery sleeve. Then wipe it down with a paper towel and try it again. That should help quite a bit.

As for the RES, try this. Fill up your atomizer completely full of liquid. Then gently blow it through your atomizer down into the RES. Do this for about 40 drops. Don't blow too hard or liquid will come out of the top holes of the RES. It does take a bit to get it down to your sweet spot, but once you figure it out it works perfect. Try that and let me know if that helped.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
For getting it to not fire, try wiping down the inside of the main body with the cape cod polishing cloth. Also wipe down the very top and very bottom of the battery sleeve. Then wipe it down with a paper towel and try it again. That should help quite a bit.

I've actually switched over to using cotton rags / old shirts / old holey socks to do the second wipe down. I wipe the unit down with the cape cod cloth, let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then wipe down with cotton rag and it seems like the finish is shinier and smoother. Just a thought.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I've actually switched over to using cotton rags / old shirts / old holey socks to do the second wipe down. I wipe the unit down with the cape cod cloth, let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then wipe down with cotton rag and it seems like the finish is shinier and smoother. Just a thought.

Yeah something like that would work better, I just didn't want to tell someone to use their shirt and then have it be ruined. But if you have old rags or old socks etc. to use then that would work perfect.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Yeah something like that would work better, I just didn't want to tell someone to use their shirt and then have it be ruined. But if you have old rags or old socks etc. to use then that would work perfect.

I've even used the shirt ON my back when absolutely necessary. Well, granted, it was a black shirt... lol

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Ultramax vs AltSmoke BB w/ MAP Tank

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311442055983.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311442055983.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 113

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
UltraMax wins. :)

They both win. Each have their function. The MAP Tank will be used for the duration of driving from my home to Rhode Island on Monday. The Ultramax will still be my main vape... but since it's a 2 or so hour drive, I don't want to have any distractions (Dripping, changing batteries, etc) while driving.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I have no questions or concerns, but I want to say a collective "thanks" for all the great information posted here and to Innovapor for the coupon code. I pulled the trigger last night and purchased an Ultramax. Browsing this forum answered any questions I had about it and the coupon sealed the deal for me. I'm looking forward to checking this beast out :2cool:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I have no questions or concerns, but I want to say a collective "thanks" for all the great information posted here and to Innovapor for the coupon code. I pulled the trigger last night and purchased an Ultramax. Browsing this forum answered any questions I had about it and the coupon sealed the deal for me. I'm looking forward to checking this beast out :2cool:

You will be very happy with your decision. Congrats and welcome to the family.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

Oh and by the way, be sure to leave us a review on the device to let us know how you like it.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
yes, it gets worse..........

Then I noticed this little tiny looks like copper disk that isn't attached to anything..........it fell off of my lap when I stood up.

That little brass disc is the atomizer contact. It needs to be set in the switch. Push it into the plastic part of the switch opposite of the battery contact. Make sure the beveled side is facing out. Try that and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread