Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
Have you tried IKV HV 3.5 ? these atomizers worked flawlessly in conjunction with the RES for me. Unfortunately I can not afford to have multiple mods at a time so when I wanted to try another mod I traded my Alpha...but when I had it...Ikens 510's are all I used and loved the Alpha.

I currently use an 80/20 vg,pg mix and no matter what I do I cannot seem to get it to work. I have used all kinds of attys and the results are the same I have tried all manner of drawing techniques and still the same. With regard the gurgle it is defo overfilled as it becomes extremely hard to draw and will either flood the atty of leak out of the air intake holes(I did this intentionally as I was concerned that it wasnt full and wanted to establish a limit). I appreciate that with all high end mods there is a learning curve but this is ridiculous I shouldn't have to spend all my time fighting this thing to get maybe 1 decent hit. I honestly think that my unit is defective.

Reblx

Apr 23, 2011
Uk
Ok so I have tried 4 different style attys and still no joy. The res seems incapable of wicking to the atty and when it does get down there it floods and pumps hot juice up the tip. I can honestly say that I have had just about enough of this. My wife has the ultra and it does exactly the same 3-5 hits then dry no gurgling unless over filled. If the res holds two mil of juice and I usually only vape 3 ml a day how is it possible for me to run the res dry in 3 hits? If I use it as a dripper and only add 3 drops vape then 3 more it works ok but that totally defeats the purpose of the res doesn't it? I can get a better experience with a vastly cheaper mod.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Ok so I have tried 4 different style attys and still no joy. The res seems incapable of wicking to the atty and when it does get down there it floods and pumps hot juice up the tip. I can honestly say that I have had just about enough of this. My wife has the ultra and it does exactly the same 3-5 hits then dry no gurgling unless over filled. If the res holds two mil of juice and I usually only vape 3 ml a day how is it possible for me to run the res dry in 3 hits? If I use it as a dripper and only add 3 drops vape then 3 more it works ok but that totally defeats the purpose of the res doesn't it? I can get a better experience with a vastly cheaper mod.

All I can say is give us a call (208-761-0895) and we can try to trouble shoot your problem over the phone. If that doesnt work we will need to get it back to test it to see just what the problem is.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
that is my problem to i will fill the res and not all of the 2ml will be used unless to drip again and if you drip 10 drop w/ a complete clean empty res the juice is going to absorb by the res only a couple of hits you going to have and you will not get all the 10 drop you put on it

The RES will never wick completely dry before you get a dry hit, there just isn't enough liquid draining into the atomizer when it gets low to keep up. So if you put in 2mls you will not vape all of the 2mls before you get a dry hit.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
That's a fact that I learned to accept, losing a few drops due to surface tension (that's N8T's explanation)
Of course, the more I switch juices, the more juice I lose but really a small price to pay.

I have used LR/Std atties from various manufacturers, as well as HV atties, both 510 and 306 and they work fine to date.
If the RES is not wicking at all, then there has got to be an exceptional underlying issue. I have 2 RES assemblies for my Ultra and both work flawlessly. Granted I went through the learning phase during the first few days that I owned it but once past that point, it's been all good.

I'll contact Innovapor as TmeisT said, they are really great to work with.

Reblx

Apr 23, 2011
Uk
Ok so I think I may have Sussed it. I am now using Boge cartomizers in my ultramax and they seem to work ok, they wick well from the Res but only because they are a tighter fit the the attys that I have been using the cartomizer won't slide all the way through the res centre tube but it does go through enough to connect to the switch. Cheers TmeisT for the offer to call you but as I live in the uk it would be very expensive to do so and with regard to sending it back to you that may have to happen if i can't get it going with attys but it will be a last resort. Thanks for all the advice guys and I will keep you posted.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Ok so I think I may have Sussed it. I am now using Boge cartomizers in my ultramax and they seem to work ok, they wick well from the Res but only because they are a tighter fit the the attys that I have been using the cartomizer won't slide all the way through the res centre tube but it does go through enough to connect to the switch. Cheers TmeisT for the offer to call you but as I live in the uk it would be very expensive to do so and with regard to sending it back to you that may have to happen if i can't get it going with attys but it will be a last resort. Thanks for all the advice guys and I will keep you posted.

Yeah just let me know how its going and what you would like to do.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Weird issue... just had a couple searing hot bits of ceramic hit the back of my throat. Upon disassembling there were a couple tiny pieces in my drip tip as well. Looking at the Res appears like there is one section where just a tiny bit is missing. Should this be a concern going forward?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Weird issue... just had a couple searing hot bits of ceramic hit the back of my throat. Upon disassembling there were a couple tiny pieces in my drip tip as well. Looking at the Res appears like there is one section where just a tiny bit is missing. Should this be a concern going forward?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk[/QUOT

That's a first. Pull out the RES and give it a *light* squeeze. You'll know it if it's cracked. If not I wouldn't worry about it. The material itself is inert and harmless.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk[/QUOT

That's a first. Pull out the RES and give it a *light* squeeze. You'll know it if it's cracked. If not I wouldn't worry about it. The material itself is inert and harmless.

Good to know. I'll test the RES in a little bit, too busy vaping on it. Performance is still the same since I cleaned the drip tip of the ceramic debris lol.

prodatype

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
VA
i just got my ultramax with res a couple days ago but I have not used the RES yet. I noticed that my fully assembled RES will not thread properly onto its atomizer interface. It would only go about half way the atomizer interface until it totally stops. I found that if i loosen the wick cap then the RES body would thread all the way into the atomizer interface, and then i would tighten the wick cap. This isn't really a huge problem since I already figured out how to put it on.

I also noticed that the inside of my RES looked different from others I've seen in reviews and youtube videos. The bottom of my inner wick assembly doesn't fully cover the wick as I've seen from other pictures. I'm not sure if this is a problem or not since I have not yet tried it. Here is a picture of my res compared to a picture from a online review:

Mine:
2011-07-21_22-57-18_254.jpg

from the review The Apex Alpha Ultra - Part 3 - UK Vapers:
nf5y84.jpg

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Just received mine, (Ultramax) and love the design and it vaping like a champ! My only initial concern is the thread from the top of the switch to the res is really gritty and dry? I have cleaned the threads and applied a small amount of vaseline but it still noticeably not a smooth thread, hopefully will improve? Will see how I go?

Otherwise besides the above niggle, I am loving the device, and aesthetically it a beauty ha-ha :laugh:

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Just received mine, (Ultramax) and love the design and it vaping like a champ! My only initial concern is the thread from the top of the switch to the res is really gritty and dry? I have cleaned the threads and applied a small amount of vaseline but it still noticeably not a smooth thread, hopefully will improve? Will see how I go?

Otherwise besides the above niggle, I am loving the device, and aesthetically it a beauty ha-ha :laugh:

Mine was the same way for about the first 2 weeks I had it. I take it apart, clean and rinse it every night before bed, and gradually, that gritty feel just went away. I think it is the machining on the threads just wearing down and smoothing over time. I've had mine for over 2 months now, and it has no binding or other issues. I also gotta add that I do not use any lubes of any kind on the threads, I just clean them thoroughly every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread