Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkarmaiii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Sorry, I was not clear.
I meant the top surface, not the sides toward the top.
Holding the ceramic piece alongside the housing shows that the air inlet holes are located halfway up the height of the ceramic.
I would think that the system would be more forgiving of over-filling and extract more juice if the air came in all the way at the top.

Thanks,
Lee

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I think I can see what you mean Lee. And I agree, the higher the wholes, the better. Be hard to get them through the threads, though. And by putting them literally on the top (not the top of the side, so to speak) you'd be changing the direction of the airflow. Seems to me that juice extraction is going to be changed by that, though I couldn't say what the change would be.

I wonder, actually, if the ultra and ultralite are more efficient than the max in how much juice they manage to suck out of the RES. Seems like there'd be the same airflow through all of them (if you draw the same) but less area for it to disperse through. So it may be that there's more efficiency in the smaller devices.

Not a big issue to me- still works great on the max. But I can see where, if you clean the RES often (I don't) the lost juice would be an issue- It takes around 2 mil for an initial fill, but I don't feel like I'm really vaping much over a mil out of it. Then it takes a mil (or less, if you like to do it more often) to top up...repeat as much as you like.

But if you have two flavors that don't mix well, every time you clean the RES between fills, you're losing close to a ml of juice.

Not an issue to me, as most of my fave flavors are compatible with each other- so I just throw one on top of the previous one. Sometimes gives an interesting blend for a few hits. :)

Something else I often do it fill with different flavors. In the morning (I usually vape it pretty dry at night) before work I'll throw in 15 or so drops of my all day vape (18mg RY4) then 10 drops of my morning wakeup vape (24mg Menthol). Then as I vape through the morning, I get the menthol first, and a gradual transition to my RY4. Get's me through to the first break of the day, then I'll add more RY4.

Best,
Ande

badkarmaiii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Ande,
I concur with all of your observations.
Just thought the whole concept might work better if the entire ceramic wick was in the airflow path versus just half.
Might also make it more tolerant of over-filling, especially if it sits at an angle while in a pocket.
I bought it anticipating giving it to my wife but she considers it too fiddly compared to the tank systems that she's used to.

Thanks,
Lee

Droooiiid does!

dertbv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
Virginia
Well let m chime in.. I love y Ultramax, however I gone through 2 of the atomizer adapters. When i had them warrantee the first one the sent me a note saying they would no longer honor their ten year guarantee. Really upset me bought i thought it was a fluke that the threads stripped. Told me they never heard of such a thing. I have just about every device I can get my hands on to. I have never had threads strip on any of them. Even the cheapest ones don't have this problem. Seems to me that there is a defect in the product/design. I originally recommended the Ultramax to everyone of my friends but now I am starting to worry that I am be bit in the .... Now that I have two stripped there is no way in hell that I would buy another.

As for the threads on the res. Really never have had any problems with them as I just put it together and hardly ever take it apart.

badkarmaiii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Well, my UltraMax is back in service and better than ever with new ceramic and a 306. The price for the replacement part was very fair considering the fact that I had broken it by dropping it. Mark was great to deal with and took care of everything in a professional manner.
Kudos to InnoVapor!

Thanks,
Lee

Droooiiid does!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Well, my UltraMax is back in service and better than ever with new ceramic and a 306. The price for the replacement part was very fair considering the fact that I had broken it by dropping it. Mark was great to deal with and took care of everything in a professional manner.
Kudos to InnoVapor!

Thanks,
Lee

Droooiiid does!

Glad you are back in action. And thanks for being one of the few that actually admits to breaking their RES. You don't know how many times we have heard, "It just became broken". I'm pretty sure things don't just break for no reason :facepalm: Anyway, good to hear you got it back and are happy. Cheers.

badkarmaiii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
I'm running an experiment right now:
Taped over the holes of the RES to see what happens. There are two small inlet holes near the top of the inner RES tube and I wanted to see how well they would work on their own...

UPDATE: It's working pretty well. Even if I put too much juice in it there is no seepage from the outer holes (duh!)
I can take a few hits then let it sit and the juice works its way down...

Thanks,
Lee

Last edited:

Belchfire

Jan 16, 2012
Centreville VA
Was reading the slipping issues people were having and just had a suggestion, maybe it was brought up already. I was thinking how to increase grip while maintaining the battery sleeve's ability to rotate 360 degrees inside the main housing and not get encumbered or damage the inside of the main body.

So with dart design in mind, couldn't you knurl the depressed ridges? That way it would not scuff up or bind inside the main sleeve. Metal is pretty thin I know but possibly in the manufacturing process when making indents they used a knurling tool to do it instead? Would give some rough surface to make sliding easier and not mar the inside of the main sleeve.

The other thing was the drip tips that come with the units. Lose the inside ridge please. I don't care if it is short but the ridge causes the juice to hang up and makes it easier to get in your mouth. First thing I did when I got my Lite was toss the drip tips in favor of ridge free ones.

Other than those 2 small issues the Lite has been working fine. Maybe when a solution is found to the slippery inner sleeve/switch issue I will get a Max.

Keep Tinkering!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Was reading the slipping issues people were having and just had a suggestion, maybe it was brought up already. I was thinking how to increase grip while maintaining the battery sleeve's ability to rotate 360 degrees inside the main housing and not get encumbered or damage the inside of the main body.

So with dart design in mind, couldn't you knurl the depressed ridges? That way it would not scuff up or bind inside the main sleeve. Metal is pretty thin I know but possibly in the manufacturing process when making indents they used a knurling tool to do it instead? Would give some rough surface to make sliding easier and not mar the inside of the main sleeve.

The other thing was the drip tips that come with the units. Lose the inside ridge please. I don't care if it is short but the ridge causes the juice to hang up and makes it easier to get in your mouth. First thing I did when I got my Lite was toss the drip tips in favor of ridge free ones.

Other than those 2 small issues the Lite has been working fine. Maybe when a solution is found to the slippery inner sleeve/switch issue I will get a Max.

Keep Tinkering!

Here is a solution: Alpha UltraMax Main Body-EA: Your source for the best electronic cigarettes / personal vaporizers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread