Appearance can be deceiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Like some pretty girl would make a bad wife for you,but some ugly girl would be a good wife for you.

Traditional people who are not update on the science of vaping and cigarette thinks that vaping is more harmful because of the amount of vapour it produce instead of cigarette where less amount of smoke is visible.Thats probably why the amount of vapour a vape produce while cigarette too can be deceiving in terms of health harm/risk

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Interesting thought and probably has some truth. I would hazard though that vapers who exhale huge clouds in public just annoy everyone regardless of any health implications. That and the wind tunnel noise they make just so they can annoy blind people too...

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
I would hazard though that vapers who exhale huge clouds in public just annoy everyone regardless of any health implications.
Good point. One of the reasons why the general public attitude toward smoking reversed as quickly as it did when the "second-hand smoke" silliness opened the door to it was, imo, some smokers' lack of consideration for other people. It will be a big mistake if vapers start behaving that way. "Do you mind if I vape" will probably never become common but we need to think that way. It should go without saying. Good manners seem to be more and more uncommon these days, though.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Interesting thought and probably has some truth. I would hazard though that vapers who exhale huge clouds in public just annoy everyone regardless of any health implications. That and the wind tunnel noise they make just so they can annoy blind people too...
Yea,agree.High wattage vaping is really enjoyable but maybe I should step back in the public and just use nic salt and pen so that I am not annoying anyone else

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Me personally really hate some people's attitude towards vaping.

I understand that they don't know much about it so they just regurgitate whatever the media tells them,it will kill you,it's worst than smoking yadda yadda yadda.

Now when we all outside we have to maintain some distance so vaping isn't really a problem,well in windy days i do take that in consideration.

But if im with a group of friends and they smoke i don't really ask for permission,i just take out my mod and vape..period.

Now if im in someone's house or somewhere else and they aren't smokers i ask for permission before vaping,that is just common courtesy and shows good manners.

They normally curious about the device if they never seen one and amazed at the cloud production.
I tend to lower wattage and switch to my Innokin at first until the whole ''second hand smoke'' thing comes up.
Then i explain it to them,that there is no second hand smoke with vaping and i then pull out my Wasp Nano and huff and puff hehe

My doctor is actually a smoker,had a tough time letting go but i actually got him hooked up on vaping.
True story!!

We have become friends after all these years so i went to see him one day to get a refill for my pops prescription and he had a really bad day...you know that dry coughing we ex smokers know about.

Well anyway he said that vape shop you always tell me about is still open?
Im like yeah why you asking?
Takes out his wallet,gives me 80 euros i think it was and told me to go get him something to start with!!

Wow...never saw it coming,asked him what flavours he liked (for the aroma) and how much he smoked a day(for nic dosage),left right away and went to my friends vape shop.

I ended up getting him i think it was a Smok,cant remember at the moment and then took it back to my friend.
Got him plenty of liquid for him to start with along with some coil replacements for the pod.

Since then he has been vaping and quit cigs for good,funny thing is like 2 weeks later i saw him at work and he was like singing praises of vaping,he told me all the improvements he noticed in his body,i mean he is a good doctor he can tell the difference better than most of us.

It's been almost a year since he quit,hasn't smoked once.
He did upgrade his mod to a proper dual battery with a RTA,he even knows how to coil and wick better than me.

So im glad i got him to change and quit smoking,guys should see my wallet,got like 40 cards or so of my friends vaping store.
Random people i meet i just talk to them if they smoking and hand them over a card,some have tried it and others havent but it is really worth it if you can even get one to stop smoking cigs.

Anyway,sorry for the long post,i tend to ramble a lot hehe

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
The dreaded Rubber Teeth strikes again.

:shock:

images-4.jpg

5 am,26 beers....6 shots of tequila and couple shots of Absinthe and the lady in the picture would look like Heidi Klum....just saying :D:D

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Honestly... I don't care what others, not into vaping, think about it.
It doesn't affect or bother me, at all. #stockedup #doingmyownthing

Simple thought... Perhaps those types might spend more time learning acceptance and tolerance of others. As in, minding and tending to their own Life. :D

If I am in my own personal bubble of space with like 100 meters to spare and someone(s) has an issue with my vaping ...WELL... then perhaps it is they who are not being considerate. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So wait, VAPING is the ugly duckling and smoking's hot??

Well perhaps that is the case, but have you ever taken a long, hard look at older smokers. I have and I wasn't looking forward to it frankly but until my ugly QUEEN came along, I had no options.

You can de-wrinkle by quite a lot and bits of you aren't as yellow.

I try to be considerate as a vaper and I usually have. Society being what it is, was, and always has been, I knew it was a matter of time though, I figured my days as a happy person were NUMBERED when they got rid of the smoking/non smoking places in restaurants EVEN if they had separate ventilation systems. There was NO reason to NOT continue that at all.

I don't vape in restaurants even if I could, though.

Anna

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
As previously stated by another, most of the "older" crowds don't understand vaping to the core. It's an electronic that produces massive amounts of vapor (depending on vaping preference ofc) and ultimately, that's what register's in their brain. They know the smoke from squares (cigs) is bad for you, so they assume the vapor from our "robot d***s" is just as harmful. Most old timers think ALL eliquid comes from China and full of harmful chemicals.

The REAL culprit, is the media and politicians who benefit/profit off BIG Tobacco. Not only that, but most of these tobacco companies pay off lawyers and doctors in order to create fake ... advertisements. And they push the whole, "vaping is dangerous" or "vaping is just as deadly as smoking cigs". The best is when they try to convince people that vapes will undoubtedly "explode" and "vapes deliver more nicotine than cigs". They never admit that quality eliquid is pg%, vg%, and flavoring. Not to mention, people get to choose their nicotine %. They go on about all the b.s. CBD oils (which are harmful) and link it to vaping, because it's smoked out of a vape pen (usually) and a lot of vape shops sell it. They have no problem excluding the 1000 chemicals inside of a cig though. They understand that most of the older crowd is naive/gullible when it comes to situations like this, so they tend to get support in these matters. Overall, vaping was causing quite a decrease in tobacco sales, so it really pushed these companies to drastic measures. It's unfortunate but, I think we can change the opposing views over time.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah well my first suggestion on changing folks minds is not leading with "rubber teeth."

We need someone like Heidi, who is hot, but also German and I am not certain is the nicest human on the planet. I really don't know but like, all the contestants on that sewing show seem terrified of her. That has to count for something.

We aren't going to nice the older generation into embracing vaping at least not all of them.
Anna

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
We need someone like Heidi, who is hot, but also German and I am not certain is the nicest human on the planet. I really don't know but like, all the contestants on that sewing show seem terrified of her. That has to count for something.

Stern,German woman? yes please

bean creepy.gif

Alex Ferrara

Apr 6, 2020
Yeah well my first suggestion on changing folks minds is not leading with "rubber teeth."

We aren't going to nice the older generation into embracing vaping at least not all of them.
Anna
Very true, making a joke of the situation isn't the best way to change the opposing side's opinion, on vaping. Though, I highly doubt the reasoning behind the "rubber teeth" photo was a means to do so. I'm assuming it was a way to lighten up the whole conversation and have some fun. With everything going on right now, it's important to not dwell on all the negative.

I'm not sure Heidi is a great candidate either, nor is someone like her. Anyone that's more along the lines of a celebrity, will not be taken seriously by the majority (aside from the new/young generation). I think a legitimate doctor/scientist who has great knowledge on vaping and has the credentials to prove their legitimacy, will be pur best bet. As costly as it sounds, I think if we had enough people who tested the health of their lungs annually and could display the difference between their lungs pre/post vaping, it could sway the majority in our favor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wow that was a super serious response. LOL. Maybe the Queen of England? She's like very Dignified not to mention what 134 years old now? We need her seal of approval upon our vapes.

As far as the US, I have no idea. Credible science is thin on the ground and there is no way past the lobby crowd. IDK someone the boomers respect, I have no clue, really. I would have to ponder it a long time.

Patrick Stewart? Seriously everyone loves him.

Anna

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I doubt any spokesperson can get thru the green aka money.

Overtaxing of cigarettes is real,back in the day my pops went to Panama for holidays,i smoked back then so he brought me some cartons of cigarettes.
Price per pack was 0.50$,granted this was like what 6 years ago?
But the money the government makes off cigarettes is HUGE,the only way vaping would be totally free and legal is if they overtax us to death.
They wont tax the mods,they wont tax the PG/VG since it has other uses apart from e-liquid,only thing that is left is to over tax the nicotine....at least that is the way i see it.

Government will go yadda yadda yadda we doing it because health care expenditures and more yadda yadda yadda.
People will keep on vaping,cigarettes will one day disappear and the government will get their filthy claws into it,i can guarantee you that.

I think a legitimate doctor/scientist who has great knowledge on vaping and has the credentials to prove their legitimacy, will be pur best bet.

We have had a ton of those and in the mind of the government those studies they wrote about vaping are as useful as a liver flavored lollipop.

Bottom line is that each person that quits smoking is less revenue they are getting.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
The REAL culprit, is the media and politicians who benefit/profit off BIG Tobacco
Tobacco companies aren't the villains. They've invested in e-cigarettes; the company that makes Marlboro is JUUL's largest shareholder, for example.

The real culprit is big pharma. They make a lot of money from smoking cessation products. It's a very profitable business model: Sell folks nicotine gum, then sell the 90% who go back to smoking patches, then sell the 85% who go back to smoking a prescription drug. From all the statistics i've seen, vaping is the most effective way to stop or reduce cigarette smoking. Big tobacco wants in on it; big pharma wants it gone.

If the pharmaceuticals had brains & decency, they'd put money into vaping instead of into politicians pockets trying to destroy it. They could buy up e-liquid manufacturing facilities and small companies in the business for what to them is a pittance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread