Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
Well on second thought, perhaps the V2 may be more leak resistant since you can close off the airflow with the AFC. Hadn't considered that.
its basically the same as the v1 though. you technically CAN close it off on the v1 using the latex bands the same way I doubt the v2 closes it "better"

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I See a lot of ideas for single coil setups in this RDTA .

here is my take on it if anyone is interested i have posted a thread detailing what to do.

its very easy and you can mod it if you want to like i did but not needed if you run a smaller coil and lower watts.

not sure it this is how to add the link or not.

Aromamizer Single Coil Set-up With a TWIST

and here are a couple of pics of coils that i have run with great success the large coil is a 6mm id and was done just for kicks and giggles but vaped realy well the smaller is a 4.5mm id which i have been running for the last few weeks and it is realy great loads of vapor and lots of flavor for a single coil
mod 8.jpg
mod 9.jpg
mod 10.jpg

hope this give some ideas for what is possible when all you want is a single coil etc.

it also works with the velocity RDA large and mini.

as mentioned feel free to go check out the other thread on this forum to see how i did it.

i hope you enjoy it like i do , i have one that is going to stay like this , just because it is so good .

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I See a lot of ideas for single coil setups in this RDTA .

here is my take on it if anyone is interested i have posted a thread detailing what to do.

its very easy and you can mod it if you want to like i did but not needed if you run a smaller coil and lower watts.

not sure it this is how to add the link or not.

Aromamizer Single Coil Set-up With a TWIST

and here are a couple of pics of coils that i have run with great success the large coil is a 6mm id and was done just for kicks and giggles but vaped realy well the smaller is a 4.5mm id which i have been running for the last few weeks and it is realy great loads of vapor and lots of flavor for a single coil View attachment 544076 View attachment 544077 View attachment 544078
hope this give some ideas for what is possible when all you want is a single coil etc.

it also works with the velocity RDA large and mini.

as mentioned feel free to go check out the other thread on this forum to see how i did it.

i hope you enjoy it like i do , i have one that is going to stay like this , just because it is so good .

That a really fun modification. :) I wanna give it a try, but my hands are tied ATM. I PIF'd my Artomamizer RDTA, both my Velocity RDAs are fit with bottom feed pins which stick up, and my Hotcig Train post won't rotate like that. Will try is as soon as I can though. Thanks for posting.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
velocity single coil mode.jpg

sorry for the bad pic here is one of my velocity RDA's as you can see in the pic i leave the insulator bush in place and just rotate the post as the base is milled and the bush sits in a recess , so if you rotate both bush and post when you snug the center pin screw up it wants to pull the bush down at an angle and it wont sit vertical it has a slight lean on it .

leaving the bush in place and just pull the post ,twist, and replace and your good to go .

should also work when used with a squonking center pin . you would be juicing under the center of the coil, so you would need to fluff the wick where it sits over the pin and you would be directly juicing up the middle of the wick ,couldnt get much better than that for juice feed to coil .

Last edited:

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
This aromamizer supreme is beautifully designed. Just got my preorder from China today. I'm a little bit confused but overall I think I can pick up how to build and hopefully avoid leaks on this. Long time aromamizer v1 user have had the original since November. I use Rayon and 85% vg or higher most of the time. Will 3.5 mm coils fit easily if I build spaced dual 3.5s? Please those that have the original and have transitioned to the supreme tell me important differences I need to account for. Seems at least the wicking and coil placement should be identical to the original the new deck is just wider and perhaps a bit taller. Looking forward to trying it out after I finish letting it soak in some dawn dish soap so it cleaned up real nice no machining oil. Shooting for 0.25 ohm dual 24g kanthal coils although 22g probably would fit(don't currently have anyway) man I could ramble on for hours about this tank, lol, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow with some first impressions and some more questions I'm sure.

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
should also work when used with a squonking center pin . you would be juicing under the center of the coil, so you would need to fluff the wick where it sits over the pin and you would be directly juicing up the middle of the wick ,couldnt get much better than that for juice feed to coil .

I intentionally installed long BF pins on my Velocitys so I can do bigger fills. I do have a short one though, and will try that out.

Another fun experiment might be to rig an extension for the BF pin running all the way through the center of the coil, and juicing the coil/wick from the top like a fountain. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: pevinsghost

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
This aromamizer supreme is beautifully designed. Just got my preorder from China today. I'm a little bit confused but overall I think I can pick up how to build and hopefully avoid leaks on this. Long time aromamizer v1 user have had the original since November. I use Rayon and 85% vg or higher most of the time. Will 3.5 mm coils fit easily if I build spaced dual 3.5s? Please those that have the original and have transitioned to the supreme tell me important differences I need to account for. Seems at least the wicking and coil placement should be identical to the original the new deck is just wider and perhaps a bit taller. Looking forward to trying it out after I finish letting it soak in some dawn dish soap so it cleaned up real nice no machining oil. Shooting for 0.25 ohm dual 24g kanthal coils although 22g probably would fit(don't currently have anyway) man I could ramble on for hours about this tank, lol, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow with some first impressions and some more questions I'm sure.

Everything is the same except horizontal coils are where it's at, instead of verticals with the original. Also the only thing I couldn't fit in my Supreme so far was 3mm 24/28ga SS claptons horizontally, but that wire is thick as hell. You're in for some insane flavor and intense clouds.

Rompido

Oct 14, 2015
South Florida
The aromamizer supreme is indeed a wonderful creation! the largest I fit into it so far was a 5/32 ID ( comes out to 4mm) (see pic below). Using 24/34 claptons. the airflow was too restricted for my liking so I dropped down to 1/8 ID ( 3mm ). overall the flavor and vapor is better in the supreme.

I don't know if anyone has this small issue, but the vapor is so freaking dense with that build that it feels as if I'm actually getting juice in my mouth when I'm not..... the vape is just that damn dense!

Attachments

• 20160328_223645.jpg
    20160328_223645.jpg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20160402_230333.jpg
    20160402_230333.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 95

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
3mm is the ID ive been using for the Original Aromamizer. Think 3.5mm might fit well dunno have to try it. I dont have any clapton wire but I have some thick 22G Stainless steel that might even work on this deck who knows obviously the supreme deck is larger time will tell how much more can fit all depends if the chamber piece can screw down on to the deck SMOOTHLY :)

I wasnt expecting the Supreme to come in on Saturday and a few hours before the mail arrived I had just filled up my Original Aromamizer so maybe tomorrow I'll attempt a build on the Supreme. But will definitely be nice having two quality dripping tanks. I get about 2 days of vaping on the original so maybe 3 days on the new supreme since it holds an extra ML.

Also, two main differences that I dont know if many have referenced this but have to do with the Supreme's Pins

For one the copper contact pin on the bottom has to be removed to access the deck. (This is different than the original.)

There are also two REALLY tiny pins that I believe hold the juice flow control section in place on the Tank. I will be wanting the JF wide open im sure and I guess its clockwise for more and counter clock wise to restrict juice flow? I will figure all this stuff out in time. Shouldnt take me as long to figure out the Supreme as it did with the original since the tanks are the same basic concept.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Hey if someone could help me out, im having some issues with leaking from the airholes of the supreme.

Seems to be directly related to the juice flow control. When I first went to fill it I closed the airflow and the juice flow completely than after the tank was full I opened both the juice and air all the way. This made juice come out the tank like Niagra Falls! Not good, but anyway the JF now is just barely opened about the size of a ball point pen hole. Dont know what I need to do to enable me to open the JF more, for now it seems ok with it just slightly opened but would like to get the full potential of the Supreme. My juice is about 85 percent VG and im not sure how open the JF should be with a thick juice such as that.

I first thought maybe the "locating pins" were in backwards and believe they were so I flipped them around... also the airflow ring ive noticed doesnt sit exactly tight around the tank it sort of has some wiggle to it if you move it up and down between the JF and the chamber but I think its supposed to be like that and if there was a seal issue with the JF ring or the AF ring I believe it would be leaking juice from between the rings which it is not, just coming directly out of the airholes which is frustrating to say the least.

On a more positive note, I was able to fit 3.5mm spaced coils easily on the deck :) 24G Kanthal 6 wraps spaced coils coming out to 0.27 ohm. Wicked with some huge Rayon wicks :)

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Hey if someone could help me out, im having some issues with leaking from the airholes of the supreme.

Seems to be directly related to the juice flow control. When I first went to fill it I closed the airflow and the juice flow completely than after the tank was full I opened both the juice and air all the way. This made juice come out the tank like Niagra Falls! Not good, but anyway the JF now is just barely opened about the size of a ball point pen hole. Dont know what I need to do to enable me to open the JF more, for now it seems ok with it just slightly opened but would like to get the full potential of the Supreme. My juice is about 85 percent VG and im not sure how open the JF should be with a thick juice such as that.

I first thought maybe the "locating pins" were in backwards and believe they were so I flipped them around... also the airflow ring ive noticed doesnt sit exactly tight around the tank it sort of has some wiggle to it if you move it up and down between the JF and the chamber but I think its supposed to be like that and if there was a seal issue with the JF ring or the AF ring I believe it would be leaking juice from between the rings which it is not, just coming directly out of the airholes which is frustrating to say the least.

On a more positive note, I was able to fit 3.5mm spaced coils easily on the deck :) 24G Kanthal 6 wraps spaced coils coming out to 0.27 ohm. Wicked with some huge Rayon wicks :)

Picture of build?

Rompido

Oct 14, 2015
South Florida

picture of the build would be most helpful to figure this out. but as we all know 9 out of 10 times its a wicking issue.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Alright next time I fill the Supreme I will take pictures of the build. I noticed when the tank is upside down even to fill it the old way some juice is even coming through the chimney and through the top cap mouthpiece hole. When I used to fill the original I would actually leave it upside down for 4-5 mins and I believe that helped prevent leaking.

Nonetheless at this moment the Supreme is at least functional. On the Juice Ring(just noticed this today) there is 6 Different Bars indicating Juice Flow level. Above that on the bottom tank metal section there is a dot and wherever that dot is lined up with the Bars tells you how much flow you have. I really like this feature because on other tanks with JF it can be really hard to know how open it is. ATM, I am on bar 4 of 6, and honestly earlier today it was on 3.5 of 6 but I turned it some more just a hair and it was ok without leaking. Maybe that is something to keep in mind to just gradually open up the JF flow little by little to prevent leaking although I believe I read some of you guys just leave the JF wide open the entire time. Next time I build I will snap some pics but my wicking is pretty on point with Rayon I have been using Rayon since December and I really like its absorbent properties flavor and cloud production. Maybe need to view some Youtube's of people reassembling the Supreme because I might of screwed something up either with the AF Ring or the JF Ring putting it all back together(those locating pins are kind of a pain, very small and can be challenging getting them into the little holes on the chamber piece.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
Looking for some advice for single coil use on a v1. I've attached some pictures of my current build (second attempt) and it just doesn't work right. I'm using nickel 28ga on a dna 200 in temp mode. I have to crank the temperature up to 550 or so just to get some, and it barely does 20 watts at that. I am more than sure I am doing something wrong so just looking for advice.

Dual coil on this tank is just way to much for me so I'd rather use single coil if possible.

a3a8cb01a32ea79c156e7f2149c9d51c.jpg
bdcc080745b19ec7892e969432a623f8.jpg
2514772060dc7b7c65471fcd8a3b379c.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Aromamizer Supreme working perfectly - Great job again Steam Crave!

I say again because my V1 has taken the place of my MT RTA & Mutank.
The original Aromamizer's so damn simple to wick and it works perfectly...
...So perfectly that I just ordered a black 6ml V2 from VapeNW :thumb:

Daily drivers - I like Aromamizers.

12473942_1764817660415723_6622323799009026311_o.jpg

and yes that's a tooth :ohmy:

Last edited:
Reactions: KTMRider

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Looking for some advice for single coil use on a v1. I've attached some pictures of my current build (second attempt) and it just doesn't work right. I'm using nickel 28ga on a dna 200 in temp mode. I have to crank the temperature up to 550 or so just to get some, and it barely does 20 watts at that. I am more than sure I am doing something wrong so just looking for advice.

Dual coil on this tank is just way to much for me so I'd rather use single coil if possible.

a3a8cb01a32ea79c156e7f2149c9d51c.jpg
bdcc080745b19ec7892e969432a623f8.jpg
2514772060dc7b7c65471fcd8a3b379c.jpg
How are your air holes aligned? If they're aimed at the ends of the coils (ie - at the wick), you won't get much vapor compared to the same temperature with the airflow aimed at the coil itself.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
How are your air holes aligned? If they're aimed at the ends of the coils (ie - at the wick), you won't get much vapor compared to the same temperature with the airflow aimed at the coil itself.

Yes my airflow is aimed at the ends of the coils directly on the wick ends. I can probally take a toothpick or straw and thread it thru the coil when there isn't cotton wick present (and the top is on)

But I'm using the 4 hole Vape band and a little more than half of all holes closed if that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread