Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks guys, I’m gonna go back and watch the videos again. I’ve watched so many over the last couple days I can’t remember what I seen where. Im using rayon for wicking so I’ve been watching videos on that as well, so much information, so little brain. This is my first time rebuilding so I think it can only get better. It’s not leaking and it’s vaping well so I’m happy. It also looks beautiful on my Cylon so that’s a plus. Thanks again for the guidance you all have provided.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
It’s been vaping nicely, I like the airflow with just a little slot open, I’m not really a mtl vaper more a restrictive pull guy. I watched the videos and the one from Asmodus says you can adjust the juice flow but I call BS on that. Because if you loosen the bell it can leak unless I’m missing something. It’s not an issue because it works well half open like mine is but if you tighten it down and it was completely closed I think it would be an issue. It seems like a crap shoot where the holes line up. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway mine Vapes nice and my first build took a bit to get it right but I have and it can only get quicker and easier from here....I hope.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
It’s been vaping nicely, I like the airflow with just a little slot open, I’m not really a mtl vaper more a restrictive pull guy. I watched the videos and the one from Asmodus says you can adjust the juice flow but I call BS on that. Because if you loosen the bell it can leak unless I’m missing something. It’s not an issue because it works well half open like mine is but if you tighten it down and it was completely closed I think it would be an issue. It seems like a crap shoot where the holes line up. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway mine Vapes nice and my first build took a bit to get it right but I have and it can only get quicker and easier from here....I hope.

I agree with you 100%. I think it is the same kind of a crapshoot as trying to get the Zeus head in the middle of the glass. :D Isn't it a great feeling to get that first build just right? I just hope you love this tank as much as I do. I agree with the British reviewer that for flavor, it is the best single coil atomizer on the market. Of course, I haven't used them all but have OBS Engine Nanos, Crius IIs, two Zeus, and assorted others and this is my favorite to date.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I agree with you 100%. I think it is the same kind of a crapshoot as trying to get the Zeus head in the middle of the glass. :D Isn't it a great feeling to get that first build just right? I just hope you love this tank as much as I do. I agree with the British reviewer that for flavor, it is the best single coil atomizer on the market. Of course, I haven't used them all but have OBS Engine Nanos, Crius IIs, two Zeus, and assorted others and this is my favorite to date.
This is my first RTA so I have nothing to compare it to except my Uwell crown tank. I’d say the flavor is as good as the crown which is to say excellent since I love the crown and have been vaping on it solely for over a year. I’d just like to add since eightvape has the best price on this tank and people reading this might order from them. They sent the tank but forgot the cooling tool I ordered with it. I sent an email earlier today and we have resolved this and my coiler is on the way. Excellent customer service so if you’re wondering if you should order from them I’d say no worries they are a reputable vendor. Even though I should have got it in the first place, lol. The tank came with two coils so I can wait a little longer.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just filled my tank again with the airflow open and it didn’t leak. I’m not sure what I did the first time that made it leak all over. Maybe the base wasn’t tight. I don’t care for the driptip that’s the only change I’d make.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I am very impressed with the flavor. I really taste all of the nuances of my juice and that is a very happy thing. It is surprising to me how much more flavor I am getting with this tank than I do with my other single coil tanks. You picked a good one for your first, @madstabber. Maybe not the most foolproof, but the best in my equipment stash.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have a Zeus that I love...and was my first rta experience. Now I'm tempted to try this one...just wondering if its not too complicated for me...jf has me worried.
It’s definitely not too complicated. Being my first that’s what drew me in. The deck is really easy to build on and when I saw the design of it was the reason I bought it. I’ve got bad eyes and terrible fine motor control. I hate working on tiny intricate things but this deck is pretty simple. The slots make getting the coil into place a snap even for big dope like me. The fact that I was successful on my first try should win this tank rewards for simplicity. Also it really is beautifully machined with silky smooth threading and tight tolerances.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I have a Zeus that I love...and was my first rta experience. Now I'm tempted to try this one...just wondering if its not too complicated for me...jf has me worried.

Trust me - it is SO much easier to install coils and to wick than the Zeus. The flavor is better too, IMO.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid I ordered the gold one from Eightvape.com, YaY!!! Hoping my experience is like yours ;)

Are you keeping your coil pretty low on the deck or are you resting the coiler across/sitting on the deck?

The deck seems to kind of force the coil height, if that makes any sense. I usually install coils fairly high but this deck is designed for a lower coil. There are air holes under the coil, so that makes for great airflow even with the coil is lower than I am used to.

I took a couple of photos. They are a bit blurry - I should have waited until daylight to do take pictures. I think you can see where the coil is installed in my deck from this picture. The flavor is great, so this works. If you need clearer photos, I can take some more in the daylight.

c716a9c5a29d99445433b6207cced1bb.jpg

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Sounds good, let me watch some reviews on you tube then maybe I might get the gold one...my first bling bling tank!

A few questions:

1. can anyone advise what the juice flow is for, and how to adjust it?
  2. any special wicking technique? I use muji cotton on my Zeus and that works well
  3. What size coil would be best? I prefer ss316L around 0.5 ohms.
  4. is the driptip standard size? I prefer 510

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Sounds good, let me watch some reviews on you tube then maybe I might get the gold one...my first bling bling tank!

A few questions:

2. any special wicking technique? I use muji cotton on my Zeus and that works well
The driptip is 810 but you can but an adapter for a 510, myvaporstore has them for a couple bucks. In the reviews I’ve seen 3mm ID coils were suggested but I haven’t made one yet. I just used the coils included with the tank, they are .3ohm nichrome. I’m new to rtas so I can’t suggest any wicking techniques, I’m a rookie. Finally the juice flow is not adjustable unless I’m missing something, when you tighten the chamber over the deck the slots on mine leave the holes half open. If you loosen it, you risk a leak and it can only be tightened so much so as far as I can tell, wherever it lines up is what you got. To me it seems troublesome that there doesn’t seem to be any consistency as to where they line up. Mine works were it’s at with half open so I don’t have a problem but again if I’m missing something someone please correct me if it is in fact adjustable. I hope this was helpful but this is my first RTA so im not the most experienced.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks, strange to have juice flow that can't be adjusted. What's the point?

Very few reviews on youtube...not such a popular tank it seems.

Also, very few retailers online...so far only eightvape has it.
Yeah, that really is a beautiful looking tank. And I love single coil tanks. I may have to pick one of these up.

As far as buying one, I can vouch for purchasing directly from Asmodus. I ordered a Luna squonker from them on a Friday morning and got a shipping notice a few hours later. Was at my door from CA to GA on Monday via USPS. So good experience purchasing directly from them.

Only thing was, the package was marked to require signature. I currently work from home, so no biggie to me. Something to keep in mind though. They might waive the signature requirement if you ask, not sure. It's possible they only ship signature required for mods as well.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Trust me - it is SO much easier to install coils and to wick than the Zeus. The flavor is better too, IMO.

I know people rave about the Zeus...I find the flavor very flat compared to most of my other tanks (Exo, Supreme V2, Boreas, and 3 different RDTAs, just to mention a few). For some reason I have not been able to get a good saturated vape with the Zeus. I have been vaping for over 6 years and building for most of that time so it's not like I can't build and wick. Something about the dang thing just doesn't flow right.

I have the Bravo RTA on the way, and will be giving the Zesthia a try next.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thanks, strange to have juice flow that can't be adjusted. What's the point?

Very few reviews on youtube...not such a popular tank it seems.

Also, very few retailers online...so far only eightvape has it.

Agree on the JF and maybe there is something I haven't quite figured out. IDK for sure. The tank is very new and it seems that Asmodus never does much in the way of sending freebies to YT people for reviews. The few that have reviewed the tank love it.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia

A few questions:

It isn't really blingy. The tank is classy and low profile, IMO. I haven't figured out the JF but am happy with mine as it is. I prefer a 3mm coil, anything smaller and you likely will end up with leaks as you won't be able to stuff the huge holes with enough cotton. I prefer 510 DTs and that is really my only complaint with Asmodus and the Zesthia - they should include an adapter. I bought a couple from MVS that were perfect matches for the tank. Lots of cotton is the key to wicking.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have built another coil, my second ever. Not because there was a problem I just wanted to try some ss. I did notice that my juice holes are fully exposed contrary to what I said before. It just isn’t centered, I just wanted to correct my earlier statement for perspicuity.<that means clearness or accuracy. Word of the day. I think I used it correctly. Anyway it’s getting easier to build and I used a twisted 316l ss 28 gauge 7 wraps. 3mm id but it was kinda springy so I think it was actually 3.5mm because i was expecting.5 ohm but I ended up with a .9 ohm. Still figuring all this out but the Zesthia has treated me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread