Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using the aspire bdc for about a week. So far so good, no leaks, good vapor and flavor. I did have to pull out the pin a little bit so it would work on my ego twist. Other than that, no major problems. I'm using the mini nova size. I'll probably get the bigger glass version next trip to the vape store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
I've been using the aspire bdc for about a week. So far so good, no leaks, good vapor and flavor. I did have to pull out the pin a little bit so it would work on my ego twist. Other than that, no major problems. I'm using the mini nova size. I'll probably get the bigger glass version next trip to the vape store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to rework the pin on mine too. Often actually. I keep a little 18 guage finish nail with me and it works fine. I keep them at home cause they don't respond well to drastic temp changes... Not many glass tanks do tho!!

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
I just wish reviewers go back to their threads and update the review. The product was reviewed after two days of usage. Let's face it, most vaping products work for at least 1-3 days. After that all kinds of issues arise. I bought many of these items because of these positive reviews. I bought protanks, clearomizers, only to find they've got issues... My point is reviews should take place after weeks of intensive usage, not days, or at least have consideration in updating the review.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Well, ive vaped ONLY the Aspire and the Protank 3 for the last several weeks.

Thoughts on them-- the Aspire has better vapor production and throat hit. Ive had several "gurgling" issues, and a few heads burn out really fast (like 2 days).

The PT3 has so-so vapor and TH.. but WAY better flavor. No gurgling, leaking or any issues at all. Heads are lasting forever (on my third in ~3 weeks which is long for me).

My $$ is going to more PT3 heads and tanks. Aspire is decent but just too flakey in comparison.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
Well, ive vaped ONLY the Aspire and the Protank 3 for the last several weeks.

Thoughts on them-- the Aspire has better vapor production and throat hit. Ive had several "gurgling" issues, and a few heads burn out really fast (like 2 days).

The PT3 has so-so vapor and TH.. but WAY better flavor. No gurgling, leaking or any issues at all. Heads are lasting forever (on my third in ~3 weeks which is long for me).

My $$ is going to more PT3 heads and tanks. Aspire is decent but just too flakey in comparison.

There you go. I was about to hit the checkout button on the Aspire, but I don't think I'll ever consider it after this review. I'm not completely new to the vaping world, so I still take everything with a grain of salt. ;-) And by coincidence I was actually considering the PT3 because I just bought a PT2 recently and it's not without issues, but I think they can be resolved with a bit of tweaking.

Thanks!

bkind

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Ive been using mine on my SID with no problems for the pass week!!! I got a stainless pyrex guy and a mini vivi nova guy from dicountvapers. It came with two replacement heads at 1.8. Just got an MVP 2 today, I had to pull the pin out a little to get it going on the new device. Now it's hitting like nobody's business!!! Loving the BDC's!!!!

lgboogie19

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
Are the vapeonly and aspire tanks the same thing? I just got vapeonly bdc in the stainless et-s ego and i gotta admit i like it a lot. Its my first bdc and i think i need to get pt3. The et-s is cool but small, and i like the look of pro tanks. These tanks kill batteries way fast though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Are the vapeonly and aspire tanks the same thing? I just got vapeonly bdc in the stainless et-s ego and i gotta admit i like it a lot. Its my first bdc and i think i need to get pt3. The et-s is cool but small, and i like the look of pro tanks. These tanks kill batteries way fast though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

How hot are you running it?

I got 8hrs of moderate vaping from a 700mah battery on my provari today, vaping at 4V.

I have a few Aspire ET-S BDC glassomizers and i have to say i love them. I have a Pro Tank 2 and did not like it at all. It was to airy for me, and i kept getting a nasty burnt taste from it. I changed the head a few times, and it kept happening. Because of this, i did NOT want to sink more money into the ProTanks. I would try the 3, but havent yet. Anyway, i got my Aspires from myfreedomsmokes.com and these are better looking (in my opinion) than the vivi-nova-looking ones. I really really really like them!! I did buy a set of heads when i bought the tanks and they were not to expensive (around $10 for 5 heads). have found some good threads on here about cleaning them to extend the life of the heads. The only things that i have noticed is for some reason when the liquid is getting pretty low in the tank, it will flood. This has only happened to me a few times in a couple weeks but every time it has happened, the tanks has been low. I also really like that it produces a warmer vape than some of my other tanks. I assume this is due to the dual coils. All in all,if your on the fence about trying one, i would recommend it. They are not as expensive as other glass tanks on the market so it is less of a risk... not everyone likes the same things though so what i really enjoy you might hate... just my thoughts on the Aspire ET-S

Zoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
kansas
I picked up a glass tank for under $7 and the heads for around $1.75 each. That was at the beginning of this month. I am still on the 1st coil. So its been around 20 days for the first one. I actually have another thats been going for about 10 days. I am using a darker juice in it and its holding up. To me these are FAR better than the protanks. The flavor is clean, and I have yet to get any burnt taste. It doesn't leak, easier to clean. My protank is sitting in the dust. I would say for new vapors and people who want a hasslefree vape, out of everything I have used. Its been the easiest and best as far as quality. Some people might have issues with the older heads. I have the newer 2 hole heads. I guess to each thier own, but in my opinion these are the best replaceable clearo on the market. Not sure why they are not as "hot" as the protanks were when they first came out.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I picked up a glass tank for under $7 and the heads for around $1.75 each. That was at the beginning of this month. I am still on the 1st coil. So its been around 20 days for the first one. I actually have another thats been going for about 10 days. I am using a darker juice in it and its holding up. To me these are FAR better than the protanks. The flavor is clean, and I have yet to get any burnt taste. It doesn't leak, easier to clean. My protank is sitting in the dust. I would say for new vapors and people who want a hasslefree vape, out of everything I have used. Its been the easiest and best as far as quality. Some people might have issues with the older heads. I have the newer 2 hole heads. I guess to each thier own, but in my opinion these are the best replaceable clearo on the market. Not sure why they are not as "hot" as the protanks were when they first came out.

Sadly, I am having the exact opposite results. I am going through coils in 2-3 days, where my PT2 coils will go for 2-3 weeks. Not sure why, but this is going to be an expensive tank if this keeps up! I'm hoping it is subpar quality coils and that the next order of coils will fix the problem, only time will tell!

jus3350

Jan 23, 2014
United States
To anyone who has flooding or gurgling problems with there aspire bdc, there is a design flaw. The metel post in the bottom of the aspire bdc coils has a hole that is 1/16 of an inch but it tappers down to 1/32 of an inch and does not let enough air through and causes to much e-liquid to be pulled in to the coiland flood it. My aspire flooded constantly. As a test I pulled the center post out got a 1/16 drill bit and drilled the hole out to make it 1/16 all the way threw. Have been testing it for the past 3 days and it works great, no flooding or gurgling. I will be doing this to all my aspire bdc replacement coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread