Status
Not open for further replies.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jaaxx, that was one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.... I just tried this on the atomizer that came with my Protege (which... its original performance was exactly opposite of the protege itself... so completely unstellar). I boiled it first, let it dry, and then followed your directions. It is working like a champ now! Thank you!!!!

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
I want this to get written down in more than one place and collect the feedback

You might want to try this before you do any mesh cleaning. It take about 10 blows to COMPLETLY release the prime, don't believe me? blow into the batt end of an 801 atty and you can vape the prime about 10-12 times before you finally just see a glow and no more sizzle is heard. Everytime you blow into the batt end, you release a little more prime or mesh juice holdings, into the burn "pan". You can "blow" primer into the burn pan several times and vape it, try it. It really cleans up your atty. It's gonna surprise you how long you can vape the prime just by blowing into the batt end when the vape stops, the mesh is holding a ton of juice, blowing into it releases the juice over and over again before you finally run completely out of any juice in the mesh....this is advance atty tweaking, not everybody will understand what I just wrote, if you don't understand it, don't try it. Wait and read what the other atty masters say about what I just wrote above....

Jherek

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Missouri
By "cold" he means that the atomizer in question does not produce any heat; it is electrically dead.

I tried this on an old 901 atomizer, sitting in my "to fix someday drawer", that has a bit of occasional burnt taste, and had become badly clogged and produced very little vapor. I could barely draw air through it at all. Now, though it still has the burnt overtone to the taste, the draw has eased up and the vapor has come back to normal.

Now... if only I can get the touch of burnt taste out of it, I've got another atty to rotate.

Jaaxx, that fix is genius!

ImArchimedes

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
: ( I'm clearly not getting something here. With every atty I have (I own a Janty Stick and 2 Npros), the workings of the mesh and airflow area are set tubes of various depths. The penstyle atty of my Janty Stick is the worse culprite. Anyway, how are you all managing to get a needle or paper clip through the atty? Are you somehow removing the tube around it? Am I supposed to be breaking the atty down into more pieces? Do I just take pliers to them? Thanks for the help in advance!

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
I saved two 901 dead attys, and since I have killed 6 in less than a month, I ran out the other night and bought Crest. I did everything right, I am pretty sure, and after 24 hours of air drying, the 2 attys I soaked were still dead. I must be a ..... at vaping. Something. I didn't even get black chunks.

I'm just happy for everyone who revived theirs. I am doomed to being forced to quit vaping in 2 months if I can't figure out why I am killing attys off. I must be in the atty Mafia unknowingly. My eyes have gone blurry reading up on all these new things. I love this site and the people on here are so helpful. It is wonderful ditching analogs finally. But I am doing something very wrong I think. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thank you.

kaylow

Jul 16, 2009
Bellasin, me too. I've killed at least a dozen 4081 attys and 8 801,s. Haven't found a clue to what I'm doing wrong and I've been reading here for months--tried cleaning, pinholing, and just about blowing my brains out. Guess it's what it takes to be free of analogs--haven't had one since July 3. This is not a cheap fix, but it's worth it. I'm still hopeful to get it down right.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
Bellasin, me too. I've killed at least a dozen 4081 attys and 8 801,s. Haven't found a clue to what I'm doing wrong and I've been reading here for months--tried cleaning, pinholing, and just about blowing my brains out. Guess it's what it takes to be free of analogs--haven't had one since July 3. This is not a cheap fix, but it's worth it. I'm still hopeful to get it down right.

Well, I guess I am not the only one killing attys, thanks for sharing, I thought it was just me. I have one atty left that I am trying to use very gingerly til the 3 new ones get here. So far it has been going 5 days. I might not have been keeping the other attys wet enough. Ive been topping off the cart constantly and as soon as the atty is hot I lay it down to let it cool off. Until I read your post I thought maybe it was just 901 attys.

You are right though, it beats analogs. Everyone says attys are disposable anyway, but none have lasted me a week yet, and when I read about people having them last 2 weeks it makes me think ok, what are these people doing that I am not??? I had 2 attys die within 3 days! Hmmmm, maybe if I keep reading things I will find out there are such things as badly manufactured attys lol.

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
Well, I guess I am not the only one killing attys, thanks for sharing, I thought it was just me. I have one atty left that I am trying to use very gingerly til the 3 new ones get here. So far it has been going 5 days. I might not have been keeping the other attys wet enough. Ive been topping off the cart constantly and as soon as the atty is hot I lay it down to let it cool off. Until I read your post I thought maybe it was just 901 attys.

You are right though, it beats analogs. Everyone says attys are disposable anyway, but none have lasted me a week yet, and when I read about people having them last 2 weeks it makes me think ok, what are these people doing that I am not??? I had 2 attys die within 3 days! Hmmmm, maybe if I keep reading things I will find out there are such things as badly manufactured attys lol.

Check your batteries. If the entire battery is getting hot, put it away. I was blowing up attys left, right and sideways until I figured out the battery was taking out the attys. Have 5 batteries in rotation, it took a while to narrow this down.

Also, clean the threads occasionally. Noticed a black build up on the threads and I started cleaning this off.

VR59

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Arizona
I too have to put in my two cents :) (Did I use all those 2's correctly? ha). Jaaxx I tried this with my old favorite most flavorful DSE801 atty that was giving up the ghost :( and wow, it really did work. I'm not sure exactly why or how long it will last but NICE!
The atty had stopped vaping completely a few days ago, I was ready to toss it but figured I would do an IPA soak first, which I did. After some fumbling and priming etc I got it sort of working but again, now and then it would just stop working. Last night I came across this thread and tried it out this morning with a small to medium paper clip.
I definitely did not "poke" through anything, and also nothing really felt mis aligned, I mean the paper clip seemed to go in relatively easily (at least on the one side, maybe the other side required a little wiggling, could that be it?). But wow, now it works like a champ and is back to it's old flavorful self. :D

Thanks for the great tip!!

katiemarie71730

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Arkansas
I went to smoke on my e-health brand cig (its a 3 piece model cart-atomizer-battery) and when i took a drag off it i saw a white flash inside the brown cart? It doesn't really do anything now If it hit it a min it seems like a tiny vapor comes out. I'm wondering if this jaxx method will work on mine as well? Or do you think i burt up the atty?

Ghostsamurai25

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
This method really worked, not sure what it does or how it does it but it worked on two that were not producing much vap, I tried it on one that was cold and nothing happened. But at least i have two out of three. I still cant figure out why these things would just die. I took one apart that wasnt working and couldnt find anything wrong with it, everything looked intact.
No broken wires, element was intact, did notice some black stuff around the element not sure if thats suppose to be there or if its build up. That might be the culprit. Any further info on why they die would be appreciated.

Thanks

TandT

Unregistered Supplier
This is absolutely the greatest post in ECF history! (the original post about resurrecting atomizers, that is) I'm sitting here, totally stunned, that my original NJOY 801 atomizer, from my first e-cig that I ever bought back in April, that first helped me quit smoking, and then quit working after about one month, is NOW producing beautiful clouds of vapor again!!! I plan on performing this trick on all of my "expired" atty's.

And, to think, I only came across this article because I was researching which atty's people preferred, seeing as I was going to have to make another atty purchase! LOL Thank you SO much for this incredible maintenance tip!

MeggaMortY

Oct 10, 2009
Yesterday I thought about it and the fact that not only the air hole may be the problem in this situation. So I tried this thing on a 2+ weeks old atty which was beginning to struggle a lot with putting out vapor : I just dripped 6-7 drops in the atty, flooding it enough, and then sucked hard through the cart end, so the idea is the fluid to travel through these rings beneath and hopefully replace the gunked one. Make sure you have something to soak in the juice that comes out from the bottom. It came as really dark brownish with some black stuff too. Repeated again and the juice this time was lighter. Primed it good and took a few hits. I personally think that the vapor production was at least twice as much after this procedure. Anyone up to trying and saying if they got any results?

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
Wow, I finally figured out how to do this thanks to the pics posted by Jaaxx. I tried doing it once with a dead atty and pushed too hard plus didnt line it up right. The other day I studied the pics more and saw where I had gone wrong. I used a small paper clip, and could actually feel the 3 holes I pushed it thru. I even felt how one set of holes wasnt lined up right and I jiggled the paper clip to get it aligned. It was so easy. "NowI have old attys that are so easy to draw on I dont even feel any resistance at all when I inhale. This idea needs to be patented.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
This is absolutely the greatest post in ECF history! (the original post about resurrecting atomizers, that is) I'm sitting here, totally stunned, that my original NJOY 801 atomizer, from my first e-cig that I ever bought back in April, that first helped me quit smoking, and then quit working after about one month, is NOW producing beautiful clouds of vapor again!!! I plan on performing this trick on all of my "expired" atty's.

And, to think, I only came across this article because I was researching which atty's people preferred, seeing as I was going to have to make another atty purchase! LOL Thank you SO much for this incredible maintenance tip!

Agreed! This thread deserves a sticky imho. I stumbled on it by accident and I've already rescued six 901 attys that I thought were dead.

p.s. Tried this method on the newer style 901 attys now shipping and it works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread