Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I don't know who was the first to suggest Crest Health-Pro mouthwash for atty-soaks, but I have to say that I have two 510 attys that were so clogged they were going to die from overheating. Two hours in CHP, then long rince with hot water and blowing out and drying, and they were better...but they improved even more so after another day! Now they are like new again, and its clear my stash of attys are going to live much longer than before. These were clogged, not cold. Cold is dead, gone, history...unless we can figure out how to rebuild them.

So a big tip of the hat to whoever the Crest person is. Genius! Nice to have a backup when PGA soaks don't help! THANKS!!:thumbs:

embryo

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
west of Ft. Worth, Texas, USA
This fix is genius.

I nominate this thread to be a sticky. Anyone second?
Here, Here! Jaax truly is a BE112 atty savior!

As an aside, I wasn't successful with a paperclip..too flimsy I think, but I found a sewing machine needle that works a charm! Dad always said "Son, you need the right tool for the job..."

wmrwl

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ
Wow! I just tried this on an atty that was functioning, but I wasn't happy with it and it's amazing. I did it with a large paper clip that I straightened out. I was a little worried when I felt a significant CLICK sound. I thought for sure that I hit the coil, but it fired up like it never vaped before. The trick is to make sure you are entering the right spots. This post definitely deserves a bump.

This is the most valuable thread I've ever come across in all my time here - mods, PLEASE sticky it! Every newb should be reading this.

The Jaaxx method is quite simply the single best atomizer "trick" in existance, and will save people tons of money and frustration over the long haul. Works like a dream for 801's and likely several other models as well.

Can be used on both new and used atties as req'd, whether a misalignment issue or a clogged hole.

Last edited:

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
could someone explain exactly what I'm supposed to be hitting here, I don't have a sewing needle but I have tiny allen wrenchs and pinvise drills which i assume should work the same. I just destroeyd and attomizer playing with these methods (no big deal, it was a cheap crappy one) anyway, I disassembled it to so I know whats going on. Theere was a plastic disc at the bottom, then the whole thing was encased in metal mesh, in side the metal mesh was a rectangle white piece of plastic that was holding the coil.

So where am I supposed to be going? am I breaking through the metal mesh? going into the coil area? in mine, the coil was pretty much all of the plastic white area, not sure how I'm supposed to go around it.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
is this just for joye attomizers and not slb, the slb atomizer I took apart did not look like this.

In pic 1 you can see how the disks are stacked behind the atomizer chamber.

Pic 2 - shows what the disks look like. The center hole is the one, the other 2 (to either side) carry the wires to the coil. Don't hit those!

Pic 3 - shows orientation of the bridge vs the coil. Coil is outlined in red. You want to imagine aiming for the areas outlined in green when you insert the needle to minimize the chance of hitting the coil if you poke too far.

Pic 4 - shows how you want to angle the needle.

Again I find the sewing machine needle ideal because the bulge helps keep it from digging into the disks as it travels through. If you are getting heavy resistance try gently wiggling and twisting as you try and open the hole. Think more along the lines of trying to line up the holes in the disks rather than stabbing through.

Ideally, you would like to stop just shy of the opening under the coil, but since that is near impossible, the angle method gives you a little insurance if you come through.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Old thread, but I thought I would add to it. I thought one of my RN4072 atties was dead. Nope, just needed to "stab" it with a sewing needle lol wow, perfect. Works almost like new. This particular atty is my favorite too, so it was disappointing when I had to put it away. It has a stiffer draw than my other RN4072 atty, so I'm glad it's back in business.

I did have a scare while doing this though. I put the needle in, pushed to the side and felt resistance and thought "there's the mesh, push it aside" and I looked into the atty and it was the coil I was pushing aside. I thought I killed it, but it went right back into place.

Be careful and keep an eye inside the atty to be sure you aren't trashing your coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread