Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fathomrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Costa Mesa ca
Oh wow, they also say on there eBay posting that the 1:1 clones are much higher quality then the no logo style
I've just emailed elev8vape to cancel my order and I am reordering through illvapes for the 1:1 right now. The 1:1 on illvapes also takes a single 18650 for those of you who are wondering.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Might buy one of em to compare to my Hana. For the clones that have logos on them, people need to be wary that others may pass them on as the real thing, given on ebay they are going for 400+ dollars.

They wont be selling for $400+ much longer if these clones work the same - reserving my judgement and my cash until these are reviewed.

Incidentally, the photo at Vapor Joe's of the DNA chip from the inside of that box appears to be an Evolv version and not the clone - the board layout on the clone is different, really different.

Real DNA is on the left;
2qwhp5l.jpg

Last edited:

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Illvapes is selling both styles . They say the non logo one is not 1:1. Check it out.

Oh wow, they also say on there eBay posting that the 1:1 clones are much higher quality then the no logo style
I've just emailed elev8vape to cancel my order and I am reordering through illvapes for the 1:1 right now. The 1:1 on illvapes also takes a single 18650 for those of you who are wondering.

Yeah, I don't know. Sounds kinda fishy to me. I feel like you'll be paying $40 more for a logo.

Also, when you think about it illvapes had the ones priced at $110 for awhile. I'm sure they didn't want everyone canceling and going with another vendor, so they put some different pictures up, and added a "different model". Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

Fathomrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Costa Mesa ca
Yeah, I don't know. Sounds kinda fishy to me. I feel like you'll be paying $40 more for a logo.

Also, when you think about it illvapes had the ones priced at $110 for awhile. I sure they didn't want everyone canceling and going with another vendor, so they put some different pictures up, and added a "different model". Just my opinion of course.

Yea that's what I'm worried about. I guess I will be the test subject for the more expensive model

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
They wont be selling for $400+ much longer if these clones work the same - reserving my judgement and my cash until these are reviewed.

Incidentally, the photo at Vapor Joe's of the DNA chip from the inside of that box appears to be an Evolv version and not the clone - the board layout on the clone is different, really different.

Real DNA is on the left;
2qwhp5l.jpg

So you think ........ just took a picture of a real dna and put it next to those non-logo clone boxes? How the hell can we trust anyone when we know one of them is a liar... illvapes says the nologo isnt 1:1, ........ seems to say otherwise about the chip;

I have a strong feeling that illvapes is just trying to rid their stock of the logo clone by promoting their online sales... since they are now finding out they can't sell any of the logo ones in store and everyone is jumping on the cheaper, more reviewed one. Getting desperate is never a reason to throw out lies though..

EDIT: honestly I am not sure who to believe because it seems like ........ has high reviews of absolutely everything that people have him advertise.. maybe if i saw one negative review of his then I would start believing a bit more. either way both chips look pretty good my main concern is how good of a soldering job these chinese kids are doing.. not whether the chip is a 1:1 clone.

Last edited:

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
I could be wrong about the quality concerns, as it could be a ploy to sell the more expensive model with the logo which were probably ordered first but I would rather be safe.

It could be either, but quality concerns are absolutely valid. We don't know how many factories are pumping these out, and the quality of Chinese product varies wildly. Now, having said that, I've seen vendors offering unbranded HCigar clones, and most recognize that they put out pretty high-quality stuff.

devilchasnme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
detroit
I pulled the trigger on a black one from 101Vape yesterday morning (Wednesday, blue was already gone). When I checked very late in the evening again (early morning Thursday really) at 101Vape, all colors were gone.

I've been wanting to try a box mod and curious about the DNA30 and there it was.

Now I've got to get a Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh 30 amp battery so I can use full power of the DNA30 board, but I see there's a VTC5 battery now with 2600mah for less than a dollar more. Anyone have experience with the VTC5? Ok to use?

But have to be careful because the VTC4 (I'm looking at) is only flattop and putting the battery in wrong will french fry the DNA30 board.

Got some time though to order the battery. We're in for a wait...

Update: Ok, I see some of you have experience with the VTC5 and is ok (unless someone else knows better) and the 101Vape order I was looking at was the first. They've opened round 2 will all models available (so far). And after reading some earlier pages, I'm going to put a question mark on the entire IllVapes site.

Last edited:

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
So after some digging, its seems the no logo clone that vapor joe reviewed is the cloupor version and the logo'd one is from a 'mrs wang' on alibaba.. I seriously doubt illvapes has any real knowledge about which clone is 1:1 or which clone is better.. it seems they are just trying to clear stock of the one they paid more for (probably didn't expect a cheaper clone to come out and ordered too many of the more expensive one that they cannot sell in store)

also if i had to put money down id bet vapor joe did indeed post a picture of the clone chip he received in his nologo hana clones. the question is, did he really get them from elev8? I doubt that since I don't think elev8 even has their shipment in.. ofcoures they could have ordered a sample or two and sent it out to be reviewed so they can increase sales.. I wouldn't think they'd really need to make a bogus review to increase sales considering these clones are going like hot cakes im sure their pre order will fill up within a few days.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
So after some digging, its seems the no logo clone that vapor joe reviewed is the cloupor version and the logo'd one is from a 'mrs wang' on alibaba.. I seriously doubt illvapes has any real knowledge about which clone is 1:1 or which clone is better.. it seems they are just trying to clear stock of the one they paid more for (probably didn't expect a cheaper clone to come out and ordered too many of the more expensive one that they cannot sell in store)

also if i had to put money down id bet vapor joe did indeed post a picture of the clone chip he received in his nologo hana clones. the question is, did he really get them from elev8? I doubt that since I don't think elev8 even has their shipment in.. ofcoures they could have ordered a sample or two and sent it out to be reviewed so they can increase sales.. I wouldn't think they'd really need to make a bogus review to increase sales considering these clones are going like hot cakes im sure their pre order will fill up within a few days.

He reviewed it? I just saw pictures of the actual item that everyone was waiting for. I agree with the illvapes part, I sense something shady going on with them (Just my opinion). I think the pictures on vapor joes are pictures that elev8 sent to him, or allowed him to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread