Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
I don't know if you knew about this, but there are already 1K lipo batteries available, that will be 2x1000mAh, that not bad at all.

That may be the thing to do. So far, I haven't had a issue with the size of the stock batteries. It seems like it will last most of the day without any charging, but being a pass-through makes it easy to keep topped off - at least when I am at home or at work. Where do you get the 1000 mAh batteries and what model are they?

Did confirm that the center pin is adjustable. The threads don't have an interference fit, so it adjusted itself removing and installing my eGo adaptor. I noticed that my Fogger was no longer flush, so I played with the center pin and it actually has a lot of travel - 1/4" or so. I've been using mini eGo thread tanks on it mostly, so I have an adaptor installed fairly tightly on it with the center pin adjusted so that the mini tanks sit almost flush to the bottom of the well.

I'm really liking this thing. It's no taller than an eGo 650 battery, cradles in your hand better than a round battery, stands up securely when you set it down, and has tons or power compared to the other power solutions I tried. It really appears to be the perfect battery for me.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
Here the 1K mAh batteries are available, might be you can find them for less somewhere else, I think Ive seen them on ebay for $12.00, there was only no shipping to The Netherlands :mad: This supplier seems to deliver also to my door...

http://www............com/item/9018...uetooth-Digital-Products-Free/1851580707.html

"I'm really liking this thing. It's no taller than an eGo 650 battery, cradles in your hand better than a round battery, stands up securely when you set it down, and has tons or power compared to the other power solutions I tried. It really appears to be the perfect battery for me. "

Yes this is a needy matter for me, for some of my tanks its uncomfortable to lie horizontally on the table, the RTA will leak.
I think a lot people do not understand how a battery in series does work, I think they will give much more power then just the 1200 (2x600) mentioned, it doubles the power if they are placed into series.
All the time there are reviews and they all surprised about the power of that just 1200mAh ;) which is a very old trick with batteries btw, no new invention of vaping world unfortunately :laugh:

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Yes, there is a discussion about going on at FT, they are labeled as 800mAh, but measured 600 maybe, I will wait and see, 1200 (2x600) is enough for me, I'am not a chain vaper, the life time during the 2x600 batteries runs out, there are maybe already higher capacity batteries available, so I'am not into hurry.

I actually read that the battery's in the Lipo versions are considerably higher in capacity than whats listed on them.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
I actually read that the battery's in the Lipo versions are considerably higher in capacity than whats listed on them.

Ok
Thats never wrong if they did ;)

Edit:
Did someone measure it?
If mine clone arrives I will look what batteries are inside, maybe it will be labeled 800 also, but I cant measure it.

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The discussion on FastTech about the mini Hana clone seems to somewhat agree that: the product description says 2x600 mah batteries, the product arrives with 2x800 mah batteries and it sure vapes much longer than one would expect a 1600 mah Lithium Ion battery to last. This last may be due to: them being real 800 mah batteries, the LiPO chemistry or using a pair of batteries in series. Or a combination of those factors. See Vamo discussions for more info than you'd ever want about efficiency of buck vs boost circuitry (one that output higher than input voltage vs ones that reduce voltage) to learn about the physics involved.

Regardless, for about $50 you get a small, lightweight vv/vw mod that lasts a decent amount of time and is acceptably built. Ie, typical of the quality you'd see with any $40 - $80 vv/vw mod. But this one provides a much larger range of output and ranges of atomizer resistance than the other choices. Or you can get the larger one which comes with an Efest Purple 2500 mah battery for day long use for the same price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
The discussion on FastTech about the mini Hana clone seems to somewhat agree that: the product description says 2x600 mah batteries, the product arrives with 2x800 mah batteries and it sure vapes much longer than one would expect a 1600 mah Lithium Ion battery to last. This last may be due to: them being real 800 mah batteries, the LiPO chemistry or using a pair of batteries in series. Or a combination of those factors. See Vamo discussions for more info than you'd ever want about efficiency of buck vs boost circuitry (one that output higher than input voltage vs ones that reduce voltage) to learn about the physics involved.

Regardless, for about $50 you get a small, lightweight vv/vw mod that lasts a decent amount of time and is acceptably built. Ie, typical of the quality you'd see with any $40 - $80 vv/vw mod. But this one provides a much larger range of output and ranges of atomizer resistance than the other choices. Or you can get the larger one which comes with an Efest Purple 2500 mah battery for day long use for the same price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I have heard numerous times that the FT Lipo versions have snap type connections so when that battery does finally lose it's capability to hold a charge it is simply a quick snap out / snap in replacement . Having the run time of something like an MVP but also being able to quickly replace a Lipo pack is fantastic .

I think many people forget that the FT 18650 versions come with a great battery and just that alone makes the device an even bigger bargain.

I was put off by the needing to buy a battery charger and batteries with the Cana mod but when i found out you can just charge it via USB that made a big difference to me.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
There is more, yes it doesnt stop! :D

Lipo's do have a lot benefits, they can be charged way much more times then other batteries and slow charging is already 1C :laugh:
Tests confirm they can be charged 2000 times and still have 80% of there capacity.

REALLY! You just made a few of my mods very happy! :)

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
I haven't received my Boba's Bounty that I ordered a couple of days ago from Alien Vapor as yet but after backtracking the quote in your post I feel quite mislead (by Alien Vapor). Just now ordered a bottle from Alien Visions. The recently acquired patent by Alien Vapor for sure is were I got duped but fully understand the situation after some research.
I have nearly a full bottle you are welcome to if you want. Just send me an email or PM, we can meet up or I can drop it off at VapeUp.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
Hi Clint , i just noticed you mentioned a sharkskin wrap (even though i love and appreciate the Clouper and J wraps wrap you sent me , and the NIB Nautilus , incredible , still in shock actually ).

I couldn't help but notice how thick that sharkskin cover looks on the Vaporshark Dna , that looks like heavy duty protection lol.
It's only about 1.25 mm (.050") think and is made of silicon for a real nice feel and non-slip.

Glad you're enjoying the gear. You gotta get over that shock sometime! LOL

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have nearly a full bottle you are welcome to if you want. Just send me an email or PM, we can meet up or I can drop it off at VapeUp.
I got the copy cat one yesterday, I don't dislike it, I sure hope the original is different though. I really should know by now not to buy juice that I've haven't sampled.
If from Alien Vaper, thanks but no thanks.
If from Alien Visions, I'll know later today, thanks.

And now that I received the other bottle:
The Alien's Vision Boba's Bounty I like very well

Last edited:

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
I have heard numerous times that the FT Lipo versions have snap type connections so when that battery does finally lose it's capability to hold a charge it is simply a quick snap out / snap in replacement . Having the run time of something like an MVP but also being able to quickly replace a Lipo pack is fantastic .

Confirmed. They are installed with snap connectors.
photo.jpg

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
I received mine yesterday, ordered on July 20th... that is only 11 days waiting!! :) Ive got a Friday the 13th one! :2cool:

If looking for a small mod device, this can be the perfect mod for you. The regular Hana clone is already small and the Hana mini clone is really small, it comes into a little box, but there is a truly high quality performance mod hidden into this little box.

So far Ive noticed one issue and is mentioned also by others, the resistance measure deviates with 0.2, the device reads 2.0ohm instead of 1.8ohm, I think its acceptable.

I was hesitant with this device and if I should take an authentic instead, but I'am really surprised... it for sure exceeds my expectations, I had a party last night and some people were ofc curious, today at 7.40 AM my battery did run out of power, means I can vape with the included batteries at least one whole day (wattage setting 8.1).

This device just do what it have to do, I think you will have an awesome if not a truly outstanding high-end device for $56.00.

Some stories are about the logo and why not just to put there own (Hotcig) logo on it, I start to be agree with this, bc this device is not a shame at all. Even there is not a real DNA30 chip on board, it really doesnt matter, this device is sophisticated and perfectly with a high precision.
I remember a vid of GrimmGreen, he was telling about the perfect mod, he showed the silverbullet with the advice to put inside a wattage kick, now if this is already a performance on very high top level, then compare it now with the Hana regular or mini clone... get my point?!

I can ask myself, what do I need more from a mod?
To be honest... I really dont know.

Picture of my setup...
pinkpanter-albums-atty-zz-modzz-labzzz-picture361471-hana-clone-mod-d.jpg

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
There is more, yes it doesnt stop! :D

Lipo's do have a lot benefits, they can be charged way much more times then other batteries and slow charging is already 1C :laugh:
Tests confirm they can be charged 2000 times and still have 80% of there capacity.

I thought it wasn't that many , doesn't the MVP have a Lipo battery , most info on it says it can handle around 250-300 charge cycles before it stops being able to hold a charge. Lifespans range from 6 months to well over a year.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I received mine yesterday, ordered on July 20th... that is only 11 days waiting!! :) Ive got a Friday the 13th one! :2cool:

If looking for a small mod device, this can be the perfect mod for you. The regular Hana clone is already small and the Hana mini clone is really small, it comes into a little box, but there is a truly high quality performance mod hidden into this little box.

So far Ive noticed one issue and is mentioned also by others, the resistance measure deviates with 0.2, the device reads 2.0ohm instead of 1.8ohm, I think its acceptable.

I was hesitant with this device and if I should take an authentic instead, but I'am really surprised... it for sure exceeds my expectations, I had a party last night and some people were ofc curious, today at 7.40 AM my battery did run out of power, means I can vape with the included batteries at least one whole day (wattage setting 8.1).

This device just do what it have to do, I think you will have an awesome if not a truly outstanding high-end device for $56.00.

Some stories are about the logo and why not just to put there own (Hotcig) logo on it, I start to be agree with this, bc this device is not a shame at all. Even there is not a real DNA30 chip on board, it really doesnt matter, this device is sophisticated and perfectly with a high precision.
I remember a vid of GrimmGreen, he was telling about the perfect mod, he showed the silverbullet with the advice to put inside a wattage kick, now if this is already a performance on very high top level, then compare it now with the Hana regular or mini clone... get my point?!

I can ask myself, what do I need more from a mod?
To be honest... I really dont know.

Picture of my setup...
pinkpanter-albums-atty-zz-modzz-labzzz-picture361471-hana-clone-mod-d.jpg

Don't forget to add your review to the official Fasttech Hana mods clone thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread