The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Fathomrock, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fergie

Fergie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
    Got one from them back in June no problems.

2. athousandyears

athousandyears Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Texas
    Is anyone using one of these with a cartotank? I am really interested in this mod but am not looking to build coils, sub ohm, etc. What interests me is the form factor and on-board charging with replaceable batteries. I currently use an MVP 2 and IBTanked cartotanks.

3. Fullknight

Fullknight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I use Boge 2.2Ω cartos on one of mine.
    I use Aerotank on the other one.

4. athousandyears

athousandyears Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Texas
  5. ssgswjohnson

ssgswjohnson Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    Fort Meade, MD
    Just got mine today!! Only 11 days from the day I placed my order. Adjustable 510 and doesn't look like too much glue mess.

I slapped on my Aerotank with a 1.8 single coil and cotton wick and could push it to 11 watts but backed off due to the heat. Built up a fogger with a dual .6 ohm build, cotton wicks and am firing at about 15. Any higher and I choke like the first time I tried the green stuff. Everything I throw on reads exactly .1 high.

By the way, 15 watts on a fogger blows some REDONKULOUS clouds. My wife is pretty peeved at the new toys!

My next adventure will be experimenting with different gauge wires since all I have right now is 28. I'd like to be able to roll a higher resistance without having two forty foot coils on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

6. popwarhomie

popwarhomie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Jacksonville FL
    Really between getting one of these or the IPV V2 50 watt mod from Elev8 vape.

The IPV says "expect at least 1 week wait time" So I'm really leery about that.

$70 for the DNA and $80 for the IPVV2 with $30 off coupon..

7. Vlad1

Vlad1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    You should check around before purchasing. A lot of bad press about elev8 delays in getting product from Pioneer 4 You due to them undercutting MSRP. Check one of the other popular forums if you cant find anything here. Cant link it here or I would. Sorry.

8. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

First decide whether you need 50 watts or 30 watts , big difference , if you want only 35 watts the iPV 1 is killer and can be had for around $70.00 .

9. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I noticed some are calling the FT model a Cana mod which can really confuse people , i don't know if your shipping time was in reference to a FT model or the Cana mod , to me the C and Cana is a specific reference to the Cloupor model and not the other DNA box mods.

10. ssgswjohnson

Mar 3, 2014
    Fort Meade, MD
    My apologies. Its a fast tech Hcigar model. Did I post on the wrong thread? My bad if I did. I'm too cheap for a cana mod, although I would have MUCH rather had no logo!

11. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I thouht the ones from Fasttech were made by Hotcig, did they switch manufacturers?

12. ssgswjohnson

Mar 3, 2014
    Fort Meade, MD
    Oops. My fault. You are correct. Sorry, I can't seem to get anything right today. It is a Hotcig from fast tech.

13. keithvi

keithvi Full Member Verified Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA, USA
    Question about the "exterior finish" on the latest generation clouper mods:

I receive my replacement mod today the finish is shiny silver, exactly like my old Gen-1 that failed. I was expecting the sandblasted silver finish similar to the Fasttech enclosures.

Did I just replace my Gen-1 with another Gen-1?
    How can I tell, maybe the center pin?

14. Fergie

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
    I think the Fasttech ones are from Hotcig, not Cloupor, so the finishes may be different.

Both of mine from Cloupor latest version are shiny like, not sandblasted, so ..... :vapor:

15. ka724ka

ka724ka Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2012
    Newark, California
    From picture shown on vendor website. The New gen has smaller 510 center pin.

16. Fergie

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
    The one on the left is the new one.

[​IMG]

17. TheTurk

TheTurk Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2014
    New jersey
    Where would one find ipw35 for $70 ??

18. Fergie

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
  19. Fergie

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
    Has anyone got a suggestion for a simple tool to measure voltage and resistance on the Cloupor clones? I tried a cheapo one from Fasttech and it only works on my Mechs and other VV/VW mods. Links would be great :) TY

Here's the one I have.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1704302

20. PinkPanter

PinkPanter Super Member

Jun 21, 2014
    The Netherlands
    I did cleaned the adjustable 510 pin of the FT Hotcig with alcohol, its reading the resistance perfectly now.

This means I don't have any issues with this clone now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.