Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
I thought it wasn't that many , doesn't the MVP have a Lipo battery , most info on it says it can handle around 250-300 charge cycles before it stops being able to hold a charge. Lifespans range from 6 months to well over a year.

I'am not that much into the mods, but I think a MVP by innokin do not have a Lipo inside and yes normal batteries can be charged 300 times, I'am not sure about the following, but a battery also do have a longer lifetime if we dont discharge them too fast and as far as I know, a Lipo doesnt care about if we do.
I also know the charging speed do matters, don't charge a Lipo with 5C, we can do, but maybe the lifetime will gonna be 500 times charging and 1C charging is already pretty fast, with this 1C speed charging a Lipo feels like a fish into water. Also don't charge a Lipo above the 4.2V, a Lipo battery will be for sure death after we did this, but most equipment wearing a Lipo battery, will have software on board for to can't make this mistake.

Thank you for the suggestion to place the review also to the FT Hana clone topic!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I'am not that much into the mods, but I think a MVP by innokin do not have a Lipo inside and yes normal batteries can be charged 300 times, I'am not sure about the following, but a battery also do have a longer lifetime if we dont discharge them too fast and as far as I know, a Lipo doesnt care about if we do.
I also know the charging speed do matters, don't charge a Lipo with 5C, we can do, but maybe the lifetime will gonna be 500 times charging and 1C charging is already pretty fast, with this 1C speed charging a Lipo feels like a fish into water. Also don't charge a Lipo above the 4.2V, a Lipo battery will be for sure death after we did this, but most equipment wearing a Lipo battery, will have software on board for to can't make this mistake.

Thank you for the suggestion to place the review also to the FT Hana clone topic!

Very valid points , i also have read many times that at least with the MVP and other mods that have the same battery type you can substantially increase it's lifespan by charging it when it hits the 3.7 volt mark and taking it off the charger before the green light goes out .

Your also dead on about it's best to give them a slow long charge , fast charging doesn't work well .

Since i have been following the above routine i would say when i charge it at the 3.7 volt mark to when i take it off the charger it averages to right around three hours , when i have forgot to take it off after three hours the green light goes out usually 15 min later tops .

I know some that follow this routine and they say their MVP's are working as good as the day they bought them a year later , thats good enough for me .

Last edited:

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
Very valid points , i also have read many times that at least with the MVP and other mods that have the same battery type you can substantially increase it's lifespan by charging it when it hits the 3.7 volt mark and taking it off the charger before the green light goes out .

Your also dead on about it's best to give them a slow long charge , fast charging doesn't work well .

Since i have been following the above routine i would say when i charge it at the 3.7 volt mark to when i take it off the charger it averages to right around three hours , when i have forgot to take it off after three hours the green light goes out usually 15 min later tops .

I know some that follow this routine and they say their MVP's are working as good as the day they bought them a year later , thats good enough for me .

Yes it seems to be a good trick, in fact its misleading the battery and the "memory" of a battery starts to be confused, looks like the battery stops counting the charging times or we just make that battery stronger by doing these tricks... who knows :laugh:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Does anyone know what type of adapter to get for these clones so you can screw down certain tanks that don't have a protruding 510 or whatever it is.
I use a smoke tek air flow controller on mine. The 510 pin sticks out of it a little. It stays on my cana 24/7. Also don't have any worry of thread wear. Will make tanks stick up a little higher, but I'm OK with that for peace of mind.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
I use a smoke tek air flow controller on mine. The 510 pin sticks out of it a little. It stays on my cana 24/7. Also don't have any worry of thread wear. Will make tanks stick up a little higher, but I'm OK with that for peace of mind.

I think it depends on the tank it seems, mine sit flush.

url

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Beware owners of the Efest 3100 mah 20 amp batteries.
I bought two, one for each of my Cana's
These are not IMR but NCR / LiNiCoAl
And they are not 20 amp but 4.6 amp.
These batteries are trouble looking for a place to happen.
Read more here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...efest-18650-battery-warning.html#post13779270
Spread the word.

Oh well I let you know if and when mine fail. I've been using one of two since I got the Clouper Mod 6/6/14 exclusively every day without a single problem running down to 1 ohm coils up to 1.8 ohms. I have been swapping batteries when a change is needed, usually for me in the 12 hour range of use rather than using the built in charger. However mind came direct from a trusted vendor as all my Efest purple, Sony's and other batteries have been sourced from.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Oh well I let you know if and when mine fail. I've been using one of two since I got the Clouper Mod 6/6/14 exclusively every day without a single problem running down to 1 ohm coils up to 1.8 ohms. I have been swapping batteries when a change is needed, usually for me in the 12 hour range of use rather than using the built in charger. However mind came direct from a trusted vendor as all my Efest purple, Sony's and other batteries have been sourced from.
Oh, it's a high quality Panasonic battery, it's just not 20 amp nor IMR chemistry as labeled. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference as to where it was purchased.
Keep in mind that Efest buys from various manufactures ans re-wraps their batteries. The problem here is simply the labeling.
I load tested one against a Sony VCT4 this morning using a .17Ω load, the voltage dropped to 3 volts with the Efest 3100 and the Sony came in at 3.6 volts, that's quite a bit of sag.
I am using them in both my Cana's and with in their limits with zero problems but still feel ripped off.

keithvi

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
I bought my clone May 30th and received it 3 days later. I used it all day, every day for about two months. Yesterday my clone smelled hot then began displaying "Check Atomizer". I have taken excellent care of my clone and was vaping at 10.5 watts with a 1.7ohm coil at the time it pooped.

I am fortunate to have bought from WetVapes (very helpful and professional).

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Beware owners of the Efest 3100 mah 20 amp batteries.
I bought two, one for each of my Cana's
These are not IMR but NCR / LiNiCoAl
And they are not 20 amp but 4.6 amp.
These batteries are trouble looking for a place to happen.
Read more here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...efest-18650-battery-warning.html#post13779270
Spread the word.
I built a resister block using a terminal block and a couple of coils made from 22 gauge Royal wire and load tested the two Efest purple 3100 mah 20 amp 18650 batteries that I have and they did quite well. I am not able to get an exact value on the resistance of the coils that I used to test them as my meter only reads to the 10th of an ohm but they are around 0.1Ω, 7 wraps, 1/8" id 22 gauge. My voltage reading under load was 3.36, this would be 24 amps @ 0.14Ω or more than likely 33 amps @ 0.1Ω.
So my two are what the label implies.
They did a little better than my used MNKE's
I tested the Efest purple 2500 mah "35 amp" batteries that I bought to replace these 3100's and the voltage reading on those was 3.72 volts.
Test was for four 10 second pulses with 20 seconds between each pulse.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

Drizzledog

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Gilbert AZ
I bought my clone May 30th and received it 3 days later. I used it all day, every day for about two months. Yesterday my clone smelled hot then began displaying "Check Atomizer". I have taken excellent care of my clone and was vaping at 10.5 watts with a 1.7ohm coil at the time it pooped.

I am fortunate to have bought from WetVapes (very helpful and professional).

I got mine at the end of april and the same thing just happened to mine last week. I took a puff, let off on the button and the atty kept firing. Before I could unscrew the atty the screen read "too hot" followed by a burning electronics smell. Now, the screen comes on, but the mod auto fires when an atty is attached. I'm bummed because I used this everyday at work with my kfl.

Hope you got yours fixed.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Hey guys, just got my Cana from elev8vape. Couple of questions - I haven't been able to open it due to my fear of stripping the screws - any solution for that?

and does anyone here comfortably charges via USB cable on this thing or do you guys usually just replace the battery?

A quality phillips screwdriver that has the right size tip will open the box just fine. I think the people that have damaged their screws were most likely using a crappy screwdriver with the wrong size tip. Just go to a hardware store that carries a good set of small screwdrivers like a jewelers set and it will work fine (stay away from Harbor Freight for this). And charging with the USB cable has worked great for me and all my friends that have this mod, so I wouldn't have any problem recommending USB charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread