Attack of the Hana Modz Clone. Let's wait together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgswjohnson

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Fort Meade, MD
I did cleaned the adjustable 510 pin of the FT Hotcig with alcohol, its reading the resistance perfectly now.

This means I don't have any issues with this clone now.
How exactly? Mine is jumping between being .1 and .2 off and it sucks sometimes if I have it exactly where I want the hit.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
How exactly? Mine is jumping between being .1 and .2 off and it sucks sometimes if I have it exactly where I want the hit.

It was a bit annoying that 0.1 or 0.2 resistance difference, but it influences not that much with vaping.

I just cleaned it with alcohol with something below and let it dry.
It still working perfectly btw.

220px-Wattenstaafjes_in_doos.JPG

LiveL0NGandVAP0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
FL, USA
Eciggity had it for $79.99 but with a coupon it came to $71.00 with free shipping , now if only i could remember the coupon code.

Would be nice to know that magical coupon code.

"Twisted420" and "10percentoff" and "reddit10" all give ten percent off at eciggity but don't work for the ipv's...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Would be nice to know that magical coupon code.

"Twisted420" and "10percentoff" and "reddit10" all give ten percent off at eciggity but don't work for the ipv's...

That was it ," 10 percent off " , it worked for my iPV 35 watt . If it doesn't work now just ask them to honor it , thats what a lot of people did with Elev8 and they honored the 30% off.

LiveL0NGandVAP0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
FL, USA
It's not that the coupon doesn't work, it works on other items just not for the iPV's. I've checked recently and back when the iPV1 was available before the iPV2 was attainable there. I was curious about a different coupon code that actually worked for the iPV's without having to ask them. I guess at some point "10percentoff" did work, possibly in between not working. I've ordered only once from eciggity before and it took fifteen days for the in-stock Valkyrie to arrive here in Florida.

Regardless, I ordered an iPV2 from elev8 with "30off" coupon which has shipped today :D It was not 30% off, it was thirty dollars off and is a coupon that only works for the iPV2. Different than eciggity's ten percent off coupons entirely.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
For the ones with the +0.2 Ohm issues.

Mine works but for all the ones still doesnt work...

Solder the G spot to the chassi and the ohm reader issue is solved.

Just heard this from someone.

ne88p5.jpg

Thats awesome info , thanks . I would love to see a layout pic like the one shown above pointing to all the solder points and what they relate to , wonder if anyone has done that.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
So the fix is to ground the case? That's sure what that fix seems to do. And And it'd make sense, electrically, that a case with a floating ground would effect the reading. But shouldn't the physical connection to the 510 connector, the outer threading, ground the case? I'd love to see a real, full electrical schematic of the circuitry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Joey13091

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Usa
It's not that the coupon doesn't work, it works on other items just not for the iPV's. I've checked recently and back when the iPV1 was available before the iPV2 was attainable there. I was curious about a different coupon code that actually worked for the iPV's without having to ask them. I guess at some point "10percentoff" did work, possibly in between not working. I've ordered only once from eciggity before and it took fifteen days for the in-stock Valkyrie to arrive here in Florida.

Regardless, I ordered an iPV2 from elev8 with "30off" coupon which has shipped today :D It was not 30% off, it was thirty dollars off and is a coupon that only works for the iPV2. Different than eciggity's ten percent off coupons entirely.
AWESOME! Thank you so much! Lol

I was about to buy one of those but saw that coupon code. You saved me $30. Thank you! I would've never known about that.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Just thought I'd check on my favorite thread and see if was stil alive. Had took for awhile but found it. Herb, how is that Clouper clone doing?

Haven't been following this thread much but the clones doing great , i use it all the time thanks to you Clint , hope your doing well . I'm also using the Nautilus on it.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Clint! Thanks for keeping this thread alive!

(sorry, I was just trying my best Herb impersonation.) ;)

(Herb ...... zero offense intended! Just having a bit of fun.) :D

Where's the herb impression? Must of missed it dang it. Did you post something that was not even remotely close to being accurate , if you did that's a great impression.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I think a lot of people are now on the ipv threads. Don't get me wrong, I really like my cana, but am now looking at the ipv3. The cana kept me from grabbing an ipv2 right away. I'm glad it did with the ipv2s and ipv3's getting ready to be released. Hopefully Greenleaf has all the bugs worked out now.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I don't know what bugs your talking about but i have not experienced a single one with the iPV's , they were definitely ready to be released when they were released . Cloupor clearly was not , they even admitted that they expected bugs and wanted users to tell them what problems they should fix , which is kind of mind boggling to me.

After researching the heck out of the iPV's and knowing going in that P4U had experience under their belt at building mods , not to mention highly regarded as well , i knew buying early was a good bet .

I would of never taken that type of chance with Cloupor since they had zero experience building mods, just a Cloutank.

After extensive testing with the Cloupor and iPV using builds ranging from .5 up to 2.5 ohm's and wattages from 8 watts to 35 watts i now am convinced that keeping builds in the 1.8 or higher ranges and sticking to wattage no higher than 17 gives me superior flavor and and more vapor than i know what to do with ..

I was surprised but in every instance higher wattage muted the flavors considerably , i stick to mostly 14 now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread