Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I ordered this one when it came up. Interested in trying it out. Hard to pass up for 15. Hope it ships soon.

And honestly I don't get the authentic vs clone mentality. I would almost put money on the fact that most people buy store brand products instead of name brand. People use apple vs the pc. Everything out there is cloned. If not most people would run around naked and hungry.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I ordered this one when it came up. Interested in trying it out. Hard to pass up for 15. Hope it ships soon.

And honestly I don't get the authentic vs clone mentality. I would almost put money on the fact that most people buy store brand products instead of name brand. People use apple vs the pc. Everything out there is cloned. If not most people would run around naked and hungry.

Let us know how it is. This is where I would but 2 if it's good.

Reactions: Vicshalls

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
I could tell what the real issue is but then I would be banned and my post removed.

Enviado do meu GT-I9195 através de Tapatalk

authentic.jpg

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Mine has shipped from fasttech.

I have over 200 orders via Fasttech, the few problems I've had with them were all taken care of, some took a while, but ended well.

Focale I've had issues with and they went unresolved.

3F same, they were great until I had issues, then they quit responding entirely to Tickets.

Gearbest, NO thanks, period.

I still buy from all of them, but other then Fasttech only if I can't get elsewhere.

Reactions: DP2Raja

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA

Most store brands are made by the name brand companies. Just watered down versions of their products. Apple is also not a pc clone as its a totally different operating system. But hey, if it helps you sleep at night.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Most store brands are made by the name brand companies. Just watered down versions of their products. Apple is also not a pc clone as its a totally different operating system. But hey, if it helps you sleep at night.
Take a good look at Apple in the beginning and even now. They use the same ideas. Little icons you click on and get what you want. In the end they all do the same thing it is all just preference. If the car was not cloned we would not have so many different brands. They add to it they take away from it but in the big picture someone took someone else's idea and ran with it. Whether the improved it or made it worse.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I would like to try one of these, Just out of curiosity. I have moved passed MTL tanks and 2mil capacity is really ridiculous :(
But on the strength of Svoemesto's past history, I bet this will perform very well.
It would be nice to see it available some were in US or Canada soon.
I'm over buying from china, FT has no E-Packet any more and it takes for ever to get my shipment:(
I tried 3F cause they have E-Packet But! still took over a month to get my stuff :( Not only that I have never seen a package so dirty inside ever! It was wrapped in some old stinky bubble wrap that was surly reused from the garbage can! Disgusting :(
I'm hoping eventually some one in Canada will stock a clone of the V3 mini so I can try one :)

Reactions: DP2Raja

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
  • Deleted by retired1

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
  • Deleted by retired1

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

marc42

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
United Kingdom
There are enormous amounts of tanks out there that are either direct copies or use features of svoemestos tanks.
Often the original['authentic'] design is a point of departure for the maker to evolve their own original product.
this is how it works for most products.
what i personally have issue with is counterfeits using the authentic manufacturers name and packaging in order to trade on the back of the originals reputation.
I am sure their are makers of 'authentic s' who would be happy to licence their designs and also ensure quality standard is met for the chosen price point.
i am betting that is rare and theft more often the case.

As for the mini , it is lovely tank and if the knock off brigade do it justice those who purchase and enjoy them should raise a glass or three to the folk over at Svoemesto who gave birth to it first.

Reactions: YoursTruli

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
  • Deleted by retired1

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
  • Deleted by retired1

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
  • Deleted by retired1

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
  • Deleted by retired1

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio

I agree everything is cloned and given the choice most people will opt to pay less and buy off brands/clones especially if it is just as good or better than the name brand. Just look at generic medications for example... personally, I would rather pay $70.00/month for the generic than $2900.00/month for the name brand on one of the meds I take.

As far as vape gear goes sometimes the cloned version is equal to or even better than the original, also, in a lot of instances the original is cost prohibitive and/or made in very limited quantities so a clone may be the only option for most who want it.

Reactions: Vicshalls

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The vape world is changing fast! A few years ago the authentic gear was expensive and limited, opening the door wide for cloners. Today a lot/most of the gear is reasonably priced. Who is going to buy a cloned Istick to save 5 bucks? The Aromamizer was cloned, I seen authentic Aromamizers going for as little as 19.99! The saving on clones has really shrunk. There are some exceptions, but now it's the exception and not the rule. The day of 200.00 + mods and atty's is gone. it's going to get harder and harder for cloners to make a profit when authentic's cost 30 and 40 bucks :)

Last edited:

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
  • Deleted by retired1

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I watched the Steve Jobs movie too :D:pervy:
I'l say this, anyone who thinks a windows PC is better than a Mac Dose not have one!
I didn't spend a lot either, I got an I5 mac mini and upgraded the Ram to 16.
This is one awesome little computer, I have said Good Bye to control ault Delete, blue screen of death, programs freezing and rebooting. Get a Mac it's better!
Sorry for going off topic Bobby But I had to spread some Mac Love :D
I'e tried it and just did not like it
The vape world is changing fast! A few years ago the authentic gear was expensive and limited, opening the door wide for cloners. Today a lot/most of the gear is reasonably priced. Who is going to buy a cloned Istick to save 5 bucks? The Aromamizer was cloned, I seen authentic Aromamizers going for as little as 19.99! The saving on clones has really shrunk. There are some exceptions, but now it's the exception and not the rule. The day of 200.00 + mods and atty's is gone. it's going to get harder and harder for cloners to make a profit when authentic's cost 30 and 40 bucks :)
The authentics will always be over priced. Look at the this Kayfun mini V3 clone that cost $15 and the authentic is $100... Clones will always be available because these authentic makers are too greedy. Research and development is just not that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread