The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

August/September meet

Discussion in 'Vapeheads of Eastern Washington' started by apuck, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. apuck

apuck Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2012
    Washington State
    Hello Spokane area vapers!

I wanted to start a new thread for a new get together, so hopefully everyone finds their way here.

I'd like to start planning our next meet up and see if we can't team up with the VL and have them help promote/sponsor it. At our last meet they even suggested contributing a bit to our next one, I'm not exactly sure what that means, but plan on finding out.

I need to get info on when you all would be able to meet towards the end of August or first part of September. I will then make up some little flyers and coordinate with the VL and have them hand them out, and participate so maybe we can grow our little group.

The sooner that you all could get back to me the better, the more time we have to prepare, the better we can make this event.

10mmshooter also proposed a bit of a swap meet, that I think we can work into this event. Bring stuff you don't like or use, and sell it or swap it. Any other ideas for a little (not overboard) structure would be awesome too. It's great to sit around and BS but would be cool to add "workshop" type of things too (maybe???).

Thank you all, and I look forward to seeing you all soon.

-Apuck

2. kalebk07

kalebk07 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    I can't wait! This sounds so fun!!! I like the swap meet and the workshop ideas!!! My schedule is pretty open right now, that could change though as I am hopefully getting a job soon. I have subscribed to this thread so I can stay in the loop and also to let you all know if anything changes with me!

3. dotma

dotma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    Spokane, WA
    Hey Andy -- i looooove your ideas! I like the sponsor thing, the fliers, a workshop, swap meet, etc. The swap meet and workshops would be all e cig related, i assume? I am pretty much free Fridays and Saturdays and other days after 5:00ish. Do you think asking for a "sponsor" on this ECF of the suppliers would get anybody to maybe donate stuff and we could do a raffle or something? That would be fun.

4. apuck

Jan 17, 2012
    Washington State
    Asking other vendors to sponsor might cause a conflict with VL. I plan on meeting with the manager at VL and that is something that I will definitely ask about. It is a great idea if they don't have an issue.

It is something for us to keep in mind for future meets too, as we may outgrow, or just not want to be at the VL forever.

*ALSO* If anyone has any ideas for locations, events, or anything else for future meets bring your ideas to this meet so we can discuss them.

5. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I will try to make it up to the next one if it is on a weekend.:)

6. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Please do! It would be great to meet you!!!

7. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I will try and it will be great to meet some fellow vapers in person.

8. apuck

Jan 17, 2012
    Washington State
    I'm trying to shoot for a weekend afternoon if at all possible Tex. I'm sure that is when most folks are available.

Hoping a few others chime in today with availability. I'd like to get down to the VL toward the end of the week or first part of next week, to talk to the manager and dole out some fliers.

9. dotma

dotma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2011
    Spokane, WA
    Thanks for all your work on this apuck!!

10. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Ill second that! :)

11. BOOMH

BOOMH Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE
    I will be pretty much free most weekends since this will happen after I am done with summer school. I like the idea of swap meet (trade/sell), and also the workshop idea.

12. Beans

Beans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Missoula Montana
    I love all the ideas! And will definitely try to make it. Let me know what day and time and I'll seee what I can do. It's still wedding season for me, but my schedule is starting to slow down a bit now....Fingers crossed :)

13. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Are you a wedding planner??

14. Beans

Beans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Missoula Montana
    Nope, I just work for a caterer during the season.

15. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Oh. Neat, sounds fun!

16. apuck

Jan 17, 2012
    Washington State
    Ohhhhhhhh Kaleb....

I was digging through my junk and found your missing bottle of barf juice, I mean Tiramisu. I meant to look for it after our last meet, but spaced it, I apologize. I'll bring it to our next meet.

17. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    OMG!!! Yay!!!! Lol. Thank you!

18. apuck

Jan 17, 2012
    Washington State
    Need some quick input. How do we feel about September 8th??? The Saturday before that (the 1st) would be almost perfect, but it is Labor Day weekend, and I know a lot of folks like to get out of town.

19. kalebk07

Apr 2, 2012
    Spokane, WA
    Either one works for me.

20. BOOMH

BOOMH Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE
    September 8th works for me too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.