• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

August/September meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
I talked to the folks at the VL on Friday, and gave them a rough draft flyer. Been waiting to hear back, but we are tentatively scheduled for the 8th at 3:30. I also asked them about donating for some giveaways. They are 100% against having other vendors donate any products for additional giveaways, so I'm thinking we should try to come up with another location for maybe a spring meet, where we can use other vendors. Be thinking about possible meet locations, and anything else that you think we should do or try for one of these events to spice them up a bit.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Hrmmm,my thoughts on the VL FWIW... I met with them last week about hosting our group for the 8th of September, I also took a rough draft flyer and asked if they would pass them out and "invite" their customers to the event. I also asked about having them donate some prizes or whatever for giveaways. I was told that they would talk to the owners and get back to me later that day or maybe the next day. It has been a week, so I went back in today and nobody has done anything. I was told again that they would talk to the powers that be immediately and be back in touch in an hour or so. Now pushing 3 hours later and still no word.

My question to you all is why continue to use them? We are trying to help, and promote them. Trying to drive a few extra sales, get some people excited about vaping and THEIR business. It just doesn't seem as though they care, and that frustrates me.

We can have our little gatherings anywhere, and I'm pretty sure that some of the other local shops would donate some product as giveaways if we promoted, and recognized them. I'm also sure that we could get some online vendors to donate for the same return (which VL won't allow because of competitive reasons).

What are your thoughts or suggestions???

Last edited:

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well my first thought is that i have been in a few of the other e cig shops in town and they are TINY. I havent been to any others where there is even anywhere to sit. I understand your frustration and i too would think that they would want to be a little bit more on board because it sure doesnt hurt them to have more people in there.

So probably the only place that would be okay with outside vendors would be a place that is not in the e cig business?

moonlessnight

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Spokane WA
If they don't want to promote their business its their loss. I'm with dot that they have the best seating arrangement. I still think they are the best neutral place everyone can agree to meet. If we could grow our group and possibly get donations to rent a room that would be ideal to bring in vendors would be nice. I really don't know how best to fix the situation other then to say stick with the vl for now and work on a better solution for later.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
I would assume so Dot. Kind of like if we were having a shoe party at the Nike store, and we gave away pairs of Adidas, Nike probably wouldn't be too happy with us.

I know some of you are against the tavern/beer garden thing, but something along those lines (non-pretentious coffee shop???) would probably work well.

I agree that we should probably just stick with them this time, since our date is quickly approaching unless something better pops up soon. I just wanted to plant the seed.

Last edited:

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
I'm going to keep this as short as possible, and kind of paraphrase. Shoot me a PM if you want more details.

I met with the manager and the owner of the VL this morning regarding our upcoming, and future meets. The VL is concerned that our meets might be a conflict of interest for them. This is mostly because we bring in and discuss/promote our gear which is mostly from vendors outside of the VL. They feel as though this may be (or can be) driving business away from them, rather than promoting business for them.

Long story short, if we want to continue to get together, and/or grow we need to find a more neutral venue to meet. The VL would like to support us however they can, but hosting at this time just seems to be more trouble than it is worth. So once again I'll throw it out to you all... Where would you like to meet, or do we even want to continue doing the meets?

I know a couple of bars with lovely beer gardens that would host us, and wouldn't require much from us (buying expensive drinks and the like), maybe something as light as a soda/beer or two. I again acknowledge that some of you have expressed feelings against the bar thing, and I don't mean to keep bringing it up, but it is about all I can think of outside of booking (and paying for) a banquet room type of deal.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Well... I'm stuck. Not sure what we can or should do. I'm more than willing to do the leg work and set things up wherever and whenever, but reaching a consensus for a location is beyond me. If anybody comes up with any ideas let me know, and I'll go knock on the doors, or do whatever I can to make another meet happen.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey folks, long time no talk. I just read through this thread, and I don't think I will be able to be in town on the 8th, but I do have a few suggestions for you.

1) Brews Bros coffee shop downtown on Post and Riverside (I think??). Talk to Julie the owner, she is a sweetheart, and they definitely allow vaping. Kinda small, but it might work.
2) Hills restaurant on Main and Stevens. Talk to Steve the bartender, he is the owner. They have a decent sized banquet room, and I doubt he would charge you for it. He allows vaping too! (at least he allows me to vape when I am in town. It's worth a shot.)
3) Lilac Lanes up north. I know it's way up North, but they are a known supporter of vaping.

You might also get a hold of the owners of Zombie Juice. They came and helped sponsor the event in Tacoma last month, and I hear they are gearing up to open a B&M shop in the area. Also James at Mt Baker Vapor in Bellingham. He is on the other side of the state, but I would bet he would donate a few prizes, maybe some sample bottles for everyone to try out.

There are a few B&M shops in North Idaho too, and it would be worth talking to them about sponsoring, or even hosting, although who ever wants to go to Idaho for anything but liquor, tobacco, and fishing, right? Lol.

Anyway, I wish I could make it, and I will let you know if my schedule clears up. Good luck!

-AJ

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
EVERYONE:

I talked to the owners of Zombie Juice and they are willing to let us do our meets their at the store. It is a good size place to hold us all. Which to my count there is 8-10 of us right?

If anyone or I can do it: ideas, dates etc.. and someone or I can talk to the owners of Zombie Juice some more about having our Spokane Vapors meets there.

9ball_AJ

On the Snap...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
EVERYONE:

I talked to the owners of Zombie Juice and they are willing to let us do our meets their at the store. It is a good size place to hold us all. Which to my count there is 8-10 of us right?

If anyone or I can do it: ideas, dates etc.. and someone or I can talk to the owners of Zombie Juice some more about having our Spokane Vapors meets there.

Where is their store? Are they open for business?

Edit: Never mind their website has all the details. This is exciting for me, I love their juice. I am gonna be in town this weekend, so I will definately be stopping by to pick up some Millenium Milkshake and Butterfingerz. Yay!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread