Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Great pics, MMW - thanks :)

Those coils look awfully close to the top. Any spit back issues?
Thank you!

There was no spitback surprisingly. That coil was a monster too, as the twisted claptons spring out after wrapping.
FWIW, I'm not usually one for those types of builds because of ramp up and cool down time. To me they are inefficient. So this morning I built a 3.5mm ss316l 26g spaced 9wrap for it. More my style.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you!

There was no spitback surprisingly. That coil was a monster too, as the twisted claptons spring out after wrapping.
FWIW, I'm not usually one for those types of builds because of ramp up and cool down time. To me they are inefficient. So this morning I built a 3.5mm ss316l 26g spaced 9wrap for it. More my style.

Much more my style as well, although I like a tamer, higher ohm Clapton build from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMW

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Merlin Mini Madness!

c6a444f5b054af473e7617c53fa6d402.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMW

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Got mine in yesterday and I put in the single coil deck with reducer. Wrapped up a nice 2x28gx38g ss316l Clapton coil. Ohmed out to .59 @24watts. Flavor out the wazoo (my first order of Royal Custard came in yesterday from england and I am in love with there Donut Custard)the flavor definitely pops a bit more then the Merlin regular although you sacrifice eliquid. Will try dual deck soon and update post!!!!!

This is my new favorite rta
Did you experience leaking when closing top cap after refilling?

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Hi, I just got merlin mini rta. I using 3 mm tigh cotton and pack juice hole. But when I refill it leak. It leak badly when I put the top cap. It seem air pressing from top cap is to strong so it push liquid in so much. Is there anybody here have some exp? I am using 70 50 VG PG juice. Thx
I did pretty much the same thing and not a drop leaked after 2 refills. I assume you're shutting off the juice flow when you refill. You could try after putting the top cap back on flipping it upside down, let the air bubble reach the juice holes then open the juice flow.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, tracking says my Merlin Mini was delivered yesterday, but if it was, it wasn't delivered to my mailbox :( Hoping it shows up tomorrow or I can track it down through the post office. Unfortunately, my mail carrier has not been all that reliable as the last leg in my various order/delivery relays - he's a little whimsical for my taste in deciding which packages go in which mailbox. Hopefully, if he stuck it in the wrong box (again), a neighbor will be kind enough to bring it by. *sigh* Shoulda sprung for Priority Mail, but I can never pass up free shipping.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I did pretty much the same thing and not a drop leaked after 2 refills. I assume you're shutting off the juice flow when you refill. You could try after putting the top cap back on flipping it upside down, let the air bubble reach the juice holes then open the juice flow.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Yes I am using turn back atty method too when I close my top cap. But I see several review from youtube it seem there is no problem closings the topcap normaly. And there no juice leak at all. Is there maybe mine is deflect? Anybody here have a same issue too?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Well, tracking says my Merlin Mini was delivered yesterday, but if it was, it wasn't delivered to my mailbox :( Hoping it shows up tomorrow or I can track it down through the post office. Unfortunately, my mail carrier has not been all that reliable as the last leg in my various order/delivery relays - he's a little whimsical for my taste in deciding which packages go in which mailbox. Hopefully, if he stuck it in the wrong box (again), a neighbor will be kind enough to bring it by. *sigh* Shoulda sprung for Priority Mail, but I can never pass up free shipping.
You should report this to the post master. He should not get away with treating vape mail that way...

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Pleased to say my potentially sad story has a happy ending. Turns out the mail carrier left the package in the big box for oversize mail (this is a bank of mailboxes for the neighborhood), but forgot to put the key to the big box in my mailbox. A call to the post office this morning got it all straightened out, and I'm happily vaping away on my Mini even as we speak (or write ... or read ... whatever). Looks like it's going to be a winner - great flavor on a 24g 3mm compressed SS coil at 450deg., and the draw is perfect for me with the air restrictor in and the airflow closed about halfway. Super east to build, too. I installed the coil while I was on hold with my boss this afternoon - took less than 2 minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread