Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah when I was using my smok Priv m17 the last 6 months literally every few weeks I would get vapors tongue. That device had no temp control so im starting to realize that maybe it was the heat causing this and not the vapor. If so than that's a huge relief cause Im so sick of getting it. I had it all of last week so I was smoking cigarettes instead. Now 3 days with the kayfun and its back.

The reason I was asking you all the questions about the coils is im trying to maximize flavor. I hear what your saying though, im just gonna use the 26g 2.5mm with 6 wraps and i'll worry about the other stuff later. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it
We'll get you 90% of the way. Even at that it will be a glorious experience. :) Focus on succeeding with your set up first and then you can explore other builds. It's how we all did it. 26/2.5/6/420/316L is a great place to start.

Most newbies get vapor's tongue. The tongue has to callous up and get used to it. But there is no getting used to 600 degrees for most of us. Besides, at 600 degrees your juice doesn't taste like it's supposed to taste.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
I would follow what bronze said above. His build is perfect and wont get you in any trouble and will be a great vape, then like he says, in time you can start tweaking to dial in your personal preference....my take on ohms in general is it really doesnt matter for the most part . Most use regulated mods which handles them for the most part and regulates wattages to our needs....whatever wire I personally use, I look mainly at what size coil fits in a particular rta...if it's a small deck with my 2.3mm coil (which is standard for me) I may find 5 wraps to fit nicely, so that's what I do and really dont care what the ohms are....if I set up a bigger rta where the posts are perhaps farther away, I may do 7 wraps.....now in the 5 wrap rta, I might just turn down the wattage to 20 compared to 23 with the 7 wrapper....I dont really get caught up in ohms in low wattage regulated mtl rtas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I see a lot of people on youtube doing the same thing you're describing. Im glad to hear the ohms dont matter a huge amount cause that would make it way more complicated lol

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
We'll get you 90% of the way. Even at that it will be a glorious experience. :) Focus on succeeding with your set up first and then you can explore other builds. It's how we all did it. 26/2.5/6/420/316L is a great place to start.

Most newbies get vapor's tongue. The tongue has to callous up and get used to it. But there is no getting used to 600 degrees for most of us. Besides, at 600 degrees your juice doesn't taste like it's supposed to taste.
I dont know what i'd do with you guys I appreciate everything. I'll let you know how things work out down the road. Have a great day

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I see a lot of people on youtube doing the same thing you're describing. Im glad to hear the ohms dont matter a huge amount cause that would make it way more complicated lol
Ohms before the days of regulated mods was critical. Very important. With regulated mods it is far less important. In pre-regulated mod days the ohms was how you could regulate the power (sort of). It was a crude way of doing it but that's all we had to work with. There are still people who use unregulated mods (mech mods) where the ohms still matter a whole lot. But there are fewer of these people around these days.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Ohms before the days of regulated mods was critical. Very important. With regulated mods it is far less important. In pre-regulated mod days the ohms was how you could regulate the power (sort of). It was a crude way of doing it but that's all we had to work with. There are still people who use unregulated mods (mech mods) where the ohms still matter a whole lot. But there are fewer of these people around these days.
Ok got it

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This 19 kicksass. Really diggin’ the flavor and smooth airflow on this baby. Getting some real nice hits out of this thing. Only issue is I’m still messy when I refill. Gotta snug up that glass section. Thinking maybe I would prefer ringed segments. But it’s getting better. I get less resistance with the 19 vs the Prime. Interesting tidbit.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
This 19 kicksass. Really diggin’ the flavor and smooth airflow on this baby. Getting some real nice hits out of this thing. Only issue is I’m still messy when I refill. Gotta snug up that glass section. Thinking maybe I would prefer ringed segments. But it’s getting better. I get less resistance with the 19 vs the Prime. Interesting tidbit.
I definitely use the nkfl more then my prime, love it....only once did my tank unscrew rather then deck, perhaps I just got a good one as my deck loosens really nice...I'm sure you have, but take off the tank section and dry all threads and oring (is there an oring on the tank threads, can remember) and screw it back snug....maybe there's some juice on all that making it twist as you unscrew deck....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I definitely use the nkfl more then my prime, love it....only once did my tank unscrew rather then deck, perhaps I just got a good one as my deck loosens really nice...I'm sure you have, but take off the tank section and dry all threads and oring (is there an oring on the tank threads, can remember) and screw it back snug....maybe there's some juice on all that making it twist as you unscrew deck....

I’ll have to look Dive. I know I lube the rings around the base. The biggest problem was I didn’t have the window snugged down enough. The issue now is getting that base off without having to pin it down in the airhole. It has an oring so it doesn’t need to be cranked. I just need to find the sweet spot and get used to it.

DrDC

Feb 13, 2016
Well, looks like I might have found the culprit with the flooding issues I've had on my KFL's this morning. I'm not sure how it happened, but it seems like the center post had loosened up (maybe over time from adjusting the AFC screw?) and the center post wasn't holding down the positive block very tightly. I gave them a couple of pretty hard turns and so far I haven't had any flooding or gurgling. I also swapped my wick from cotton to rayon and it's wicking like a champ and the wick seems to sit better in the juice wells with more clearance from the airflow opening without the swelling that you get from using organic cotton. I thought I'd at least mention it in case it helps someone out!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, looks like I might have found the culprit with the flooding issues I've had on my KFL's this morning. I'm not sure how it happened, but it seems like the center post had loosened up (maybe over time from adjusting the AFC screw?) and the center post wasn't holding down the positive block very tightly. I gave them a couple of pretty hard turns and so far I haven't had any flooding or gurgling. I also swapped my wick from cotton to rayon and it's wicking like a champ and the wick seems to sit better in the juice wells with more clearance from the airflow opening without the swelling that you get from using organic cotton. I thought I'd at least mention it in case it helps someone out!
Good find.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I must admit I’m not using my Prime much anymore. It always takes me a while to love a brand new tank and leave my older ones behind. But this new lite is hard to put down.

I’m sure like many others, I like something not only to function and vape well, but for the money we spend on this stuff I feel it has to look appealing too. And I’ve never seen a RTA look as good as the new Lite. I’ve got used to the small size and the sheer simplicity of it. I didn’t think I could get back to this stage but I almost prefer the bottom fill. It’s quicker and much more hassle free than twisting this and opening that. Then closing that and twisting this.

There’s no fiddling to be done with this tank and that coupled with its beautiful small size makes it very appealing.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I’ve got used to the small size and the sheer simplicity of it... I almost prefer the bottom fill. It’s quicker and much more hassle free than twisting this and opening that. Then closing that and twisting this.

There’s no fiddling to be done with this tank and that coupled with its beautiful small size makes it very appealing.
Absolutely Agree :2c:

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I’ve been on ECF for a while now and just want to say a few thank yous to certain people on this thread. I’m 30 years old and live in Northern Ireland. Where most people my age blow clouds and have probably never heard of a Kayfun or Svoemesto. On these Kayfun threads, I’ve always felt right at home with like-minded vapers.

Years ago I never posted, but I read constantly through every page of the original Lite threads (and boy that was a long read). Always learning from the same good people who are still active in these parts today.

A few special mentions have to go to Bronze (sensible calmness at all times). Divrr (whose wicking methods are a thing of art). Qorax (his endless vaping knowledge of all things Svoemesto and superb videos). AstroTurf (great knowledge of vaping and that dry sense of humour is priceless).

To all of you and more I haven’t mentioned, thank you.

Oh I almost forgot, where is that Ricks fella? His clone ranting and the resulting arguments where such an entertaining trademark of the older threads. I almost (‘almost’) miss him a little!

Thanks again folks, and happy vaping!

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I’ve been on ECF for a while now and just want to say a few thank yous to certain people on this thread. I’m 30 years old and live in Northern Ireland. Where most people my age blow clouds and have probably never heard of a Kayfun or Svoemesto. On these Kayfun threads, I’ve always felt right at home with like-minded vapers.

Years ago I never posted, but I read constantly through every page of the original Lite threads (and boy that was a long read). Always learning from the same good people who are still active in these parts today.

A few special mentions have to go to Bronze (sensible calmness at all times). Divrr (whose wicking methods are a thing of art). Qorax (his endless vaping knowledge of all things Svoemesto and superb videos). AstroTurf (great knowledge of vaping and that dry sense of humour is priceless). HB Corpse (also great knowledge of the workings of things).

Oh I almost forgot, where is that Ricks fella? His clone ranting and the resulting arguments where such an entertaining trademark of the older threads. I almost (‘almost’) miss him a little!

Knew I’d forget someone, HB added to the list!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

A few special mentions have to go to Bronze (sensible calmness at all times). Divrr (whose wicking methods are a thing of art). Qorax (his endless vaping knowledge of all things Svoemesto and superb videos). AstroTurf (great knowledge of vaping and that dry sense of humour is priceless).

L I K E ! ! !

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Seems the 1927 post above was correct, glad it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread