MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hello all!

Anyone here currently using a 24mm nKFL on a Provari Radius?

If so, does the gap under the tank bother you?

Well, have I got a solution for you!

Please chime in if you’re in this predicament!

Ok you made me curious. I've been using the 24mm nKFL on a Dani Mini. Swappesd it to a Radius and yep there's ever so much of 'gap' on the Radius.

So, what's you solution? ;)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok you made me curious. I've been using the 24mm nKFL on a Dani Mini. Swappesd it to a Radius and yep there's ever so much of 'gap' on the Radius.

So, what's you solution? ;)

buy a 21700 DiCoDes?!?

LOLz

9ed883fa2814231e7fbb858f42be4194.jpg

I’ve got a friend who 3D printed a 24mm beauty ring for that issue!

Still working on different color options, but this replaces the standard 22mm ring from the Radius...

So, if anyone is interested in one, please let me know!

(Also, is anyone else having a issue seeing images in TapaTalk...? Haven’t been seeing posted images for about two weeks now...)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Still working on different color options, but this replaces the standard 22mm ring from the Radius...

(Also, is anyone else having a issue seeing images in TapaTalk...? Haven’t been seeing posted images for about two weeks now...)

Imagination + Ingenuity + Technology = No Gap

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Imagination + Ingenuity + Technology = No Gap

Yeah it works out great!

As a design feature, the center of the ring is NOT threaded...to avoid wear/tear.

It slides directly over the center threaded piece of the Radius beauty ring assembly.

Still working on the design a little too...want to square up the edges a bit for more of a flush-fit / hybrid look/feel.

Hard to do for the nKFL, since SM put the little bumps around the base of the tank.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland

Looks good HB. I sold my Radius last year :( but I always thought they were fit to hold up to about a 23mm tank. Never thought the 24mm would fit so nicely on there.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Looks good HB. I sold my Radius last year :( but I always thought they were fit to hold up to about a 23mm tank. Never thought the 24mm would fit so nicely on there.

I never thought it would work...until used some calipers and measured everything!

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I'm blown away by these tanks. My berserkers have more or less been retired. Still use the one which is a dedicated menthol tank. That smell won't come out now probably and the KFL doesn't do so well with menthol anyway.

Every thing about them impresses me. Easy to clean and build, I can wick em in minutes, and they sip juice. Flavour is off the hook. I'm converted.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'm not necessarily blown away with the nKFL. But have taken a liking to them enough to now have 2x 22mm and 2x 24mm nKFLs. All setup with the long mode tank. So I suppose you could say I like them well enough! :rolleyes: The 24's are on Dani Mini's and the 22's are on JAC's.

It did take quite awhile with the 1st one to find a build that I liked. I was almost at the point of selling off the 1st one actually. Then I dropped down to 30g Kanthal from my usual 29g. And also from a 2.5mm diameter coil to a 2mm diameter to allow as much air flow around the coil as I could. Geez, I hadn't made a 2mm coil since the days of rebuilding clears's and Vivi Novas.

I also use a wider bore drip tip, either a K5 tip or even a V3 mini tip (which maintains the look of the original. Another tip I like with it, is the black tip from a Zenith tank. It's low profile but has the wider bore.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I'm blown away by these tanks. My berserkers have more or less been retired. Still use the one which is a dedicated menthol tank. That smell won't come out now probably and the KFL doesn't do so well with menthol anyway.

Every thing about them impresses me. Easy to clean and build, I can wick em in minutes, and they sip juice. Flavour is off the hook. I'm converted.
Glad you’re enjoying yours now. Sometimes it just takes a while to figure tanks out. Too many people don’t persist long enough.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
I'm not necessarily blown away with the nKFL. But have taken a liking to them enough to now have 2x 22mm and 2x 24mm nKFLs. All setup with the long mode tank. So I suppose you could say I like them well enough! :rolleyes: The 24's are on Dani Mini's and the 22's are on JAC's.

It did take quite awhile with the 1st one to find a build that I liked. I was almost at the point of selling off the 1st one actually. Then I dropped down to 30g Kanthal from my usual 29g. And also from a 2.5mm diameter coil to a 2mm diameter to allow as much air flow around the coil as I could. Geez, I hadn't made a 2mm coil since the days of rebuilding clears's and Vivi Novas.

I also use a wider bore drip tip, either a K5 tip or even a V3 mini tip (which maintains the look of the original. Another tip I like with it, is the black tip from a Zenith tank. It's low profile but has the wider bore.
I haven’t used 30 gauge in a long long time. Very springy compared to my 28. But it ramps up very quickly which I always liked. Do you find it a cooler vape with the 30 gauge?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I haven’t used 30 gauge in a long long time. Very springy compared to my 28. But it ramps up very quickly which I always liked. Do you find it a cooler vape with the 30 gauge?

Yes, I do. It's one of the reasons I switched to it when trying out different builds. My initial impression of the nKFL was that it's vape was too warm for me. I just liked it enough not to give up and try different 'things' until I found something that worked for me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes, I do. It's one of the reasons I switched to it when trying out different builds. My initial impression of the nKFL was that it's vape was too warm for me. I just liked it enough not to give up and try different 'things' until I found something that worked for me.
The stock K19 was warm. When I swapped the drip tip with a K5 tip it was a lot better.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The stock K19 was warm. When I swapped the drip tip with a K5 tip it was a lot better.

I quite agree. That small bore original tip restricted airflow and really directly the vape to a small area inside my mouth. As I said previously even the V3 mini tip, for me, was much better than the tip that comes with the nKFL.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

nice! @HBcorpse

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I’ve been getting excellent battery life on my Solo. It uses an external, single 18650.

That’s the problem with internal battery mods. You are at the mercy of what came with the mod. Good battery, bad battery, new battery, old battery. Who knows what you’re getting in the battery compartment?? That’s why I steer clear of internal battery mods. I know what I’m getting using my own battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread