Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite - 2019 & 2021 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckcabbage

May 7, 2018
If I understood your question correctly... I always set my watts and temp in TC mode.

If you're asking whether to use power vs TC mode, it comes down to personal preference, I guess. Try both. If you build a ~1Ω ss coil it will work just fine in straight power mode and in TC. Experiment. We're all different and it takes some time to find your sweet spot. Trial and error.

Happy vaping!
Good advice and understood. Looking forward to trying Temp Control and do generally build around 1 Ohm. Thanks. I just didn't want to start with a Temp too high and can see what kind of settings I should be looking at initially.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Good advice and understood. Looking forward to trying Temp Control and do generally build around 1 Ohm. Thanks. I just didn't want to start with a Temp too high and can see what kind of settings I should be looking at initially.

Watts--25, temp.-370-380°. Can't go wrong. If the temp is too low, just increase it a bit. Leave the watts alone.

Anyway, that's how I've been doing it and it always worked for me. Good luck.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
After switching to TC I can't say I really noticed a big difference. It wasn't until some three months later when I happened to have any atty that still had kanthal in it so I was back in power mode (momentarily). Wow, I noticed a big difference then. The TC hit was a much more saturated hit. It will take a little time for you to adjust your vape style around TC but it will happen eventually without you knowing it.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Got my SvoeMesto Lite up and going, love the tank already:
    6D98E0E8-3EC7-4F4B-8E56-23FAE0BEEE5D.jpeg

Incase I need to order a gasket kit (o-rings), can I use Lite plus kit?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nope because I hate Somefoe or however you spell it (don't care.) The only things Russia produces are vodka, nesting dolls, and pictures of the dictator shirtless on a horse (go Vlad!!) and that is only due to its extreme ironic entertainment value.

I have yet to set one ANY one of those suckers up. It cannot ALL be me./

Well I guess it could but I feel Soemestevo or whatever plays a part.

Anna

• Disagree
    Reactions: AstroTurf

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I know this topic is about OG, but hear me out.

if you could get a Kayfun Lite + and you didn’t know if it was original or a clone, but the price was reasonable regardless, would you take the chance?

I am not sure how to answer, I used that pretty much every day sense I got my first one in 2013. I stocked up on them with all the parts. I am now using the Prime and the 2019 lite. I don't think I will ever need to buy another of the originals, I still have several. For me the prime and the lite are just as good (or better) then the original. I have never owned a clone of anything as far as I know. I would some how have to loose all of my old originals first, before I would take the chance, so maybe. :|

KAS

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    It's just so hard to get old gear and the good stuff is usually quite expensive. I just want to experience what I couldn't back in the day. So maybe it's just dumb, but meh... hopefully the person responds.

I also love my original V3 and Prime to bits (even though I have been squonking the last year). I have yet to encounter a tank with a smoother airflow than the Prime.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I am not sure how to answer, I used that pretty much every day sense I got my first one in 2013. I stocked up on them with all the parts. I am now using the Prime and the 2019 lite. I don't think I will ever need to buy another of the originals, I still have several. For me the prime and the lite are just as good (or better) then the original. I have never owned a clone of anything as far as I know. I would some how have to loose all of my old originals first, before I would take the chance, so maybe. :|

KAS
    What ^ said.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    While its cool to have one of the old svoemesto’s, the tank I enjoy in the late evenings is the prime. Always loved that tank.
    I’ve found the prime to be the easiest tank to wick, very forgiving.
    The next SvoeMesto I plan to purchase is the lite’19, and before or later a Mini V3. Would be nice if the currency turn around in my favour before I swipe my card.
    I’ll never buy a Kayfun clone, if I want to try out something else there are a whole bunch good MTL’s out there, like Pioneer, Pandora, Ether etc.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Nope because I hate Somefoe or however you spell it (don't care.) The only things Russia produces are vodka, nesting dolls, and pictures of the dictator shirtless on a horse (go Vlad!!) and that is only due to its extreme ironic entertainment value.

Anna
    you must not be a Poefessional Vapor...

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014

Anna
    perhaps this wicking tutorial will help?!?

bask

ECF Veteran
    Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    I’ll never buy a Kayfun clone, if I want to try out something else there are a whole bunch good MTL’s out there, like Pioneer, Pandora, Ether etc.

Well, normally I wouldn't either, but in this case a. I don't know for sure, and b. It's 2013 gear. I'm not into trying random MTL tanks, but I would love to at least experience the Kayfuns of yesteryear. The reason I don't know it for sure is because the owner passed away and the family is selling his stuff. They're trying to sell it in a lot, but I'm mainly interested in the tank, plus an e-pipe (for funzies). Somebody might pick up the whole lot, but we'll see how it goes.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Well, normally I wouldn't either, but in this case a. I don't know for sure, and b. It's 2013 gear. I'm not into trying random MTL tanks, but I would love to at least experience the Kayfuns of yesteryear. The reason I don't know it for sure is because the owner passed away and the family is selling his stuff. They're trying to sell it in a lot, but I'm mainly interested in the tank, plus an e-pipe (for funzies). Somebody might pick up the whole lot, but we'll see how it goes.
    I understand your goal my friend.
    Even those lite and lite plus are old tanks, they’re really good tanks, even after the standard today.
    Build quality is superb.
    Mine aint going anyplaces.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Oh I admit the fault is mostly my own but hey, to each his own. I don't.... the parts remind me of the creepy nesting dolls really honestly like, you take off part after part after part and finally you reach the dreaded interior. To be fair, I mean they did come out with many editions. So they can do it for you, but they don't for me.

To add insult to injury I only vaped clones. We all know a clone is not the original but I wouldn't mind some blindfolded vape testing there. It's the only way to know for sure and the vaper doesn't touch the equipment. They'd know.

Also maybe if I spend like a car payment on a tank I would be more motivated to "make it work." Possibly.

So you know..... You love em or you hate em.

Anna

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Sure, there may not be a tremendous difference in a blind test taste. After all, reverse engineering can copy the original almost identically.

But, I think rewarding creativity/inventiveness is a good thing.

I also think there may be (not a given, but a strong possibility) some manufacturing quality aspect to it. Provari mods are going strong after many years. I've had cheap mods melt into puddles in a few months.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    In April I had ordered 2 more 24mm KFL19's, just to have as spares for later. On Monday I got one of them out to try a different recipe in, and found that the negative screw would not screw in all the way. I checked the other one, and it was the same. I now have the 2 replacement parts on their way to me from CDV, I should have them by Tuesday. :) I was wondering though, does any one know what metric size these are tapped to, and if it is possible to just chase the threads on them? :unsure: They don't want the bad parts back, so if I could just chase the threads, I could just have them as spares. :|

KAS

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread