Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Just rewicked
20190526_101841.jpg
20190526_101619.jpg
. This is the km3, but exactly the same. I try and keep the deck as clear as possible from wick

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I didnt realize that until I took a shot of it, I did snip it off after

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
One advantage to microcoils is they last. Spaced coils get deformed from wicking so they need changing out more often.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
One advantage to microcoils is they last. Spaced coils get deformed from wicking so they need changing out more often.
I guess I do 50/50 and at least for me, that is about the only difference I see. When doing a micro it's easier to slide in wick and like you said, seems to last more. Also a micro coil may be a tad warmer

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Everything is in place,oring's the pin the nylon screw it's something with the wicking I'm sure 80% its not leaking but the draw becomes tight because the juice dripping?
Is your af really tight? Sometimes if the af is closed tight and one has a pretty powerful draw and using a pretty thin juice, that can perhaps flood a tank, so if you think this is a possibility, try opening the af a tad more to see if it could be that

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I guess I do 50/50 and at least for me, that is about the only difference I see. When doing a micro it's easier to slide in wick and like you said, seems to last more. Also a micro coil may be a tad warmer

Well, it could be warmer in power mode but with TC it is all the same.

Venator

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2018
When I close my af with my finger the draw is ok as you asked me before, it's hard to explain how my af becomes tight but I assume because of juice dripping somehow the only think I can tell you is, if you wick the coil and before close the tank put too much juice the coil overfeeding, I can't explain because of my crappy knowledge to my foreign language sorry.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
When I close my af with my finger the draw is ok as you asked me before, it's hard to explain how my af becomes tight but I assume because of juice dripping somehow the only think I can tell you is, if you wick the coil and before close the tank put too much juice the coil overfeeding, I can't explain because of my crappy knowledge to my foreign language sorry.

I've had something similar happen with my Prime on occasion. Usually the issue is the coil getting badly gunked with dark tobacco liquids. Then the cotton gets soaked with juice and if it drips it tends to block the air hole on the deck, especially if it is high VG. This then causes a tightness in the airflow. It's easily solved by cleaning and rewicking. As long as I change the cotton often it's never an issue these days.

No such problems with my... erm... alternative KFL's.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I understand...hopefully some of the info that was given here will help...........what wattage and pg/vg ratio do you use?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I wont go back to power mode vaping. Didn't see a huge advantage when I first switched but as time went by I learned to like TC a lot more.
I guess I haven't stayed with it long enough to really get use to it, but at this point everything just works perfectly for me, so I just dont want to mess things up. I'm sure I could get use to the taste of SS wire also, but prefer kanthal. I think if my mods worked kanthal in TC, I might keep trying it more often and maybe would like it in the end....what's the biggest single reason your liking it better now?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I guess I haven't stayed with it long enough to really get use to it, but at this point everything just works perfectly for me, so I just dont want to mess things up. I'm sure I could get use to the taste of SS wire also, but prefer kanthal. I think if my mods worked kanthal in TC, I might keep trying it more often and maybe would like it in the end....what's the biggest single reason your liking it better now?

I just get a deeper, more saturated hit. Same hit every time. Never gets too hot. No heat, just flavor. I honestly did not realize how much I enjoyed TC until I went back and tried power mode again after mothballing it for a few months. It was quite an improvement.

And I know you well enough to say you will give it another spin someday and do it proper. It’s who you are. :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I use 50/50 with 0,32 coil at 14 watts

When you say “0,32 coil” what are you referring to?

Diameter? In millimeters?

Or ohms?

0.32mm coil will be far too small, and I can imagine the juice being squeezed out of the wick...

Looking at your pictures, I doubt you mean 0.32mm coil.

0.32 ohm coil at 14 watts would be a good indicator of the flooding.

14 watts on a 0.32 ohm coil is just about 2.1 volts...

This means the juice is not burning fast enough to trade off for the wicking process.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I mean 0.32 wire thickness, with a 2.5id coil at 1ohm and 14 watts
So what gauge is 0.32? Is that 28g? Just checked and it seems like 28g, which seems like good numbers. Have you tried unscrewing the af a smidge to loosen draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread