Awesone Fluval Experience!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrarob

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
yahoo.com
As I saw on the forum and videos, i went out yesterday and bought some fluval foam pads after desperately trying to refill the original carts.-
What a mind blower!!! Now my E-cig (DSE-801) not onlt bloes out billows of smokes but it also burns fluid like a jet airplane. The trade off is worth it though.
Thank you all for posting this info as without it i would never known.
The creation of fluval and e-liquid is only second to the invention of the E-Cicarette.

P.S. I also use the straw mod too.:thumbs:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
As I saw on the forum and videos, i went out yesterday and bought some fluval foam pads after desperately trying to refill the original carts.-
What a mind blower!!! Now my E-cig (DSE-801) not onlt bloes out billows of smokes but it also burns fluid like a jet airplane. The trade off is worth it though.
Thank you all for posting this info as without it i would never known.
The creation of fluval and e-liquid is only second to the invention of the E-Cicarette.

P.S. I also use the straw mod too.:thumbs:

Right on, the fluval is to date my cart mod and from what I can see is the best one I have used so far. Second on my list is Kristin's latest mod for PTB.

Ok..are you talking about the "blue foam"..or is there something else now that works better?..i got some "fluval" in a diy kit from Dawn..but it doesnt seem too much different than poly fill...was planning to go today to try and get some of the "marineland rite size u" blue stuff..if there is something that is working better..Please let me know!!:oops:THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I went to Pet Smart to look at Fluval. Ended up getting the polishing pads because that foam looked so stiff that I wasn't sure I'd be able to cut it correctly and get it to fit in the cart. Plus it doesn't look absorbent at all. How did you use this stuff?

Have you reviewed the posting ...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/27723-eheim-filterpad-mod.html.

In the thread read the posts by quovadis.

I use AquaClear 50 Foam Insert (which I think is similar to blue foam, fluval and the foam insert) and it works okay with the 510 carts.

Paso has an interesting mod using the Blue foam which can be applied to the fluval and the AquaClear 50 Foam Insert.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/60968-my-simple-blue-foam-mods.html

BTW the fluval, blue foam and foam insert are all easy enough to cut.

I checked out the product information on the Pet Smart web site for the polishing pads. The pad appears to look like a air filter used in a vacuum cleaner. Just a thought: I don't think it will work, appears to be to absorbent.

Last edited:
Thanks Raven..Guess i'll look at all of it..Arrgghh..i swore that i was done messing around with cart mods when i switched over to cartomizers a couple months ago..But i got my eGo yesterday and am loving the hell out of it..so back to dealing with carts..:(..at least until i get my 510 cartomizers in..but they wont ship til the 28th..owell..fun fun..gotta love it!..lol :)

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I used the Marineland blue foam for a couple of months in 510 and 901 carts, even tried it in the 801s (folded to double thickness). It worked okay, but then I tried Aqua Clear white foam and found that it worked better. The atomizer bridge would leave a noticeable dent in the blue foam after a day or so of use but that doesn't happen as much with the AC. The blue foam also had a bit of off taste, the AC doesn't.

Tip: if you find your juice beads up and isn't absorbed quickly into new cartridge foam, just put a drop of Everclear or vodka on the foam. It primes the surface and speeds up the first filling.

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Tip: if you find your juice beads up and isn't absorbed quickly into new cartridge foam, just put a drop of Everclear or vodka on the foam. It primes the surface and speeds up the first filling.
Or, if you don't want to use alcohol, just wet it like a sponge, then squeeze it almost dry but don't dry it completely. Works like alcohol to aid that first filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread