The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Baby Grand

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Quigsworth, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Quigsworth

Quigsworth Just some guy... ECF Veteran Verified Member

Is it just me or is the Atomic a little fat in the useless, frilly metal dept.?...so I put one on a serious diet, shaved it down to the bone, basically made a perfect cylinder out of one (also removed the useless bottom lip...what, is the cap going to slide down?)

Then I got to thinking, I bet I could stick that "inside" a Grand...so I did...

20141028_202412.jpg 20141028_203153.jpg 20141028_202809.jpg 20141028_203019.jpg

2. SoftSell

SoftSell Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Saskatoon, SK
    Clever. Especially the air holes. Now do a mini!

3. thewomenfolk

thewomenfolk Vaping Master ECF Veteran Verified Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado John 3:16
    Although I don't think the RM2 spoils the low profile or good looks of the Reo Grand or Mini, I do like the idea of a hidden atty. Good work, Quigsworth!

4. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru ECF Veteran Verified Member

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Nice. The Recessed Reo.

5. JetMac

JetMac Super Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    Man you sure do have a lot of time on your hands. Pretty impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

That's just awesome, Quigs. Really slick.

Reminds me of this...

lowrider.jpg

7. Quigsworth

You picked up on that eh?...I'm actually off on med. leave atm...so I gimp around the shop and tinker with these things... helps steal the focus

8. Quigsworth

If only I could build something like that!

9. JetMac

JetMac Super Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    Anything to keep busy, I'm the same way. Great project, and get well soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Quigsworth

None of my mods are ever meant as a disrespect to the Reoville establishment or the device(s)...in fact, just the opposite...I'm striving to showcase the endless options the Reo platform affords.

I can only imagine if I was doing this kinda stuff to Provaris (not that I could, a tube is a tube)...a ProVarinati lynch mob would've formed by now

11. Quigsworth

Talk about your micro surgery...I don't even know what would fit in there?...may have to dig out one of my old Meatsneakers RCA jack attys...wow, did I ever just date myself :facepalm:

12. Dima1973

Dima1973 Senior Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Philadelphia, pa
    That's really cool, but this little bottle is not going to last a long time :vapor:

13. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master ECF Veteran Verified Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    I think it's great, man.

Glad you're having some fun while home.

14. nerak

nerak ECF Guru ECF Veteran Verified Member

You are inventive, that's for sure!

But I would wonder if the heat off the atty would be a little much that close to the battery.

15. Docsgt68

Docsgt68 Senior Member ECF Veteran Verified Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    That is super clean, love the look.

16. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru ECF Veteran Verified Member

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    WOW Quigs, now that's a bit of handywork right there. Very impressive and no simple feat pulling this one off. You come up with some truly incredible modifications for a Reo.Great job, you're an inspiration to try new things. :toast:

17. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru ECF Veteran Verified Member

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    Hope it's nothing serious buddy.Get well and please do keep making more great mods, you have amazing talent and great craftmanship

18. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen ECF Veteran Verified Member

Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Not something I'd want, but an interesting modification just the same.

Have nothing but time on my hands 24/7/365, but all of my metal, wood and gun shop floor and hand tools - metal, wood and parts stashes are in storage since the health issues took having a real life away. I bought some stuff to do minor mods on my Reo's... the larger bottles for the Mini's - auto fuses and pb spade connectors to replace springs = brass doors for Mini's and Grand's to patina - some bf atty's that are missing parts that need to be found and need to be rebuilt, others that could be modded to bf.... but all of it is still just sitting here unused. IOW, all I've actually modded was to open up air holes in some of my atty's for my long lung hits (and that with just a Dremel and machinists vise that happened to be in my bungalow). I don't like to go to my storage garages... it make me sad that i can't use what's in them anymore (including my Corvette).

19. Quigsworth

Believe it or not it's a 7ml bottle (remember when we all used 6's?)...I had to mill out some wiggle room for the short little fatty but thanks to Rob's maximum overkill structural wise you can mill 3+mm out of the back and still not break through...

I hear ya though, but it was never meant t be an "all day" vape...it's a pub mod.

20. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic ECF Veteran Verified Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.