Ban on dissolvables requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
On MSNBC, we learn that our good friend, a legislator heavily funded by the pharmaceutical industry, the man who FIRST requested the FDA to ban electronic cigarettes, had this to say:

On Monday, Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg of New Jersey called on FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg to consider banning sales of dissolvable tobacco products until the health effects on children and teens are better understood.

Way to jump right in there and protect the nicotine lozenge sold at more than twice the price of a disssolvable of the same nicotine strength (4mg)! And the lozenges are now available in a yummy cherry flavor that kids love. Teens are sure to go for the fresh mint flavor. The Commit slogan from their Web page: Tastes good, works fast.

Hey, down with free enterprise. Up with Big Pharma profits.

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
And the lozenges are now available in a yummy cherry flavor that kids love. Teens are sure to go for the fresh mint flavor. The Commit slogan from their Web page: Tastes good, works fast.

couldn't agree more TB. I remember using Nicorette Gum years ago, and they had some pretty "palatable flavors" including
White IceTM Mint, Cinnamon SurgeTM, Fruit ChillTM, FreshMintTM, Original and Mint.

nicotine gum has been around for quite some time, and it seems like they're coming out with more and more flavors.... seems a bit unfair to dissolveables..

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
On MSNBC, we learn that our good friend, a legislator heavily funded by the pharmaceutical industry, the man who FIRST requested the FDA to ban electronic cigarettes, had this to say:

Way to jump right in there and protect the nicotine lozenge sold at more than twice the price of a disssolvable of the same nicotine strength (4mg)! And the lozenges are now available in a yummy cherry flavor that kids love. Teens are sure to go for the fresh mint flavor. The Commit slogan from their Web page: Tastes good, works fast.

TB....I will never forget our good friend the Senator.(I had thought he had "Passed On"....Guess I was wrong!)"consider banning sales of dissolvable tobacco products until the health effects on children and teens are better understood" That makes sense.....How about we just do away with them completly is what they are trying to say. Effects on Children and Teens???
I would much rather have had an honest explanation than a tease of a temporary ban!

Congrats to Big Pharma!(and sorry TB....I know you enjoy your Stonewalls)

:)The Wiz!

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
What I want to know is how on earth are the "health effects on children and teens" relevant in relation to a product for ADULT consumers??
The same could be said for Smirnoff Vodka, but I don't see him trying to get spirits banned. This Lautenberg guy is a real tool. The good folks of NJ must be so proud to have someone like him representing their best interests :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Could they have been more blatent?
Effects on teens and children.......hmmmmm........
They aren't allowed by law to have them. If they did their jobs preventing the kids from getting them, responsible adults might be able to enjoy and benefit from them.
Oh......they need to be controlled by BP and have a prescription.
What was I thinking???????????????????

kids dont get into parents prescriptions.........geeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread