Ban question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JebGipson

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Clark County, Washington, USA
Another pacific northwesterner nice to see ya :)

If the e-cigarette is classified as a drug by the fda I was wondering if they were going to ban posession of a vaporizer as paraphanelia. Or at minimum "paraphenelia without prescription". I have a distrust for the government and their definitions and classifications... works to the civilians advantage sometimes but not often at all.

catwoman19

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Orlando

If the e-cigarette is classified as a drug by the fda I was wondering if they were going to ban posession of a vaporizer as paraphanelia. Or at minimum "paraphenelia without prescription". I have a distrust for the government and their definitions and classifications... works to the civilians advantage sometimes but not often at all.

Don't worry, if the FDA gets thier way, possession will be a class A felony too until Phillip Morris starts making them:evil:

jnakamura

ECF Veteran

Thanks...ditto :)

The thing is, the drug is not the PV, but the nicotine. It would be no different than the ban on cloves. If you're sitting on your porch smoking a clove cigarette there wouldn't be anything illegal about it. It's only illegal for a retailer to sell them, not for you to possess them.

However...

Lawmakers can pass anti-possession laws if they so choose. But at least we have the power to elect, or kick out, the people that vote on passing laws.

Although I don't see "possession" being an issue, you very well could see cities, counties and states passing laws to prohibit use of e-cigs in certain places.

jnakamura

ECF Veteran
Such as the New York case where e-cig's were banned from being used inside.

Yes. Sadly, PV users are already starting to be pushed out into the "smoking areas" to vape.

The good thing is that we will be able to sneak a odorless vape in places that smokers stinky smell would give them away.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Yes. Sadly, PV users are already starting to be pushed out into the "smoking areas" to vape.

The good thing is that we will be able to sneak a odorless vape in places that smokers stinky smell would give them away.

Sad, yes, in many ways. However, not unexpected. OTOH, if I don't start treating my PV like I did analogs, which was outside, as a break every 1 -2 hours, I'm going to end up vaping all my juice too quickly! It is just too yummy!:D

Maybe it was just wishful thinking that we would not be treated like lepers, as we are with analogs. I mean how dare we get our nicotine and actually enjoy it! To those making the rules, we are probably worse than smokers. At least smokers haven't quit yet. We made the conscious decision to turn to high-tech, albeit safer, nicotine ingestion methods...with pretty colored devices and fantastic flavors! That wasn't supposed to happen!! How dare we?!?! :shock:

Kurt

RKayne

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Seattle
youcancook.today.com
PNW here, too. I did a search when I was first interested in vaping, now my wife and I both vape. Our state attorney general has made a statement that these devices do not constitute the legal definition of smoking, so it is up to the establishment as to whether we can use them inside or not. I just ask. So far I have not gotten a single 'no' and as to clubs, we have some pretty major ones and last night we were in a packed club. I didn't ask, we vaped, we did not get a single word said to us. Several security folks saw and didn't say anything.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
There was a guy at my work who was using his PV on the floor... when told to stop, his argument was that it wasn't smoke and didn't constitute smoking, so it should be allowed in any areas of our facility. The bosses' rebuttal was "Shouldn't you be working when on the workroom floor?" He shut up pretty quick after that.

God, what a tool...

JebGipson

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Clark County, Washington, USA
My supervisor tried giving me the "shouldn't you be working" when I was vaping line once and I told him to look over there pointed at the company owner as he typed away a business proposal while vaping one of MY spare e-cigs that he borrows from time to time and yelled "hey what's it called when your smoking an e-cig and working at the same time?" he yelled back "multitasking!" that shut my supervisor up pretty quick. He hasn't given me one word about it since :)

NJDrew

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Flemington, NJ
There was a guy at my work who was using his PV on the floor... when told to stop, his argument was that it wasn't smoke and didn't constitute smoking, so it should be allowed in any areas of our facility. The bosses' rebuttal was "Shouldn't you be working when on the workroom floor?" He shut up pretty quick after that.

God, what a tool...

Working for an "evil" pharma, I know when to keep my mouth shut. I continue to go outside with the smokers or find a secluded place and not raise a fuss. If I where to push the topic, by the next day the tobacco policy would be amended to include e-cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread