Help me understand the "Ban"

Status
Not open for further replies.

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
The only "clear" thing in this "selective" FDA ban (or whatever you want to call it) is that the FDA is once again stepping over the line trying to take more power than is granted to them. Most likely due to political pressures from politicians who's pockets are filled with big tobacco and big pharma money.

We need to get our voices heard and sending letters to elected officials too afraid of losing elections and campaign contributions just won't cut it. Its time for peaceful sit-ins/vape-ins. Break out your tiedye and flowers its time we become the new age hippies.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
To get an idea of the FDA's potential involvement and the expected outcome...

Lolli-pops and chap-stick that was "Banned"... Same reasons...
FDA WARNS SELLERS OF NICOTINE LOLLIPOPS & LIP BALM THAT THEIR PRODUCTS ARE ILLEGAL

One of the items mentioned in this article at the link above is the following"
They ("nicotine lollipops" and/or nicotine "lip balm" ) are made from a drug substance, nicotine salicylate, which is not permitted for use by pharmacists in compounding drugs.
The FDA-approved smoking cessation products are made from different forms of nicotine.

It makes me wonder which form of nicotine is in the e-cig liquid?

Does anyone know?

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
"... The FDA going and "saying" they have control over nicotine is not the same as an act of Congress..."

They've still banned it though whether you dispute that being right or not. No doubt the courts will decide who has final jurisdiction but for now the FDA say they do and are selectively enforcing action.

and therin lies the rub...

we can debate it all we want, but the FDA WILL continue holding shipments for "inspection" and catch them as they can. Historically, the US Gumbmint bleeds off supply with "inspections" and "reviews" of things they don't like while they jockey for position to establish the laws that protect their almighty campaign support dollars.

The only hope is to sway public opinion and put e-cigs into the spotlight to where Sen. Boss Hogg can't puff his cigar and pontificate about how he is saving our poor children from the evils of them thar vile e-cigarettes.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
It is always more of a risk when you have a large order like this.

That being said, it has only been one day I would not start to worry until say next Wednesday or so. I'm not sure if items move through customs on the weekends, and even if they do I'm not sure if your tracking status would be updated until Mon/Tuesday anyway. 72-96 hours seems usual through customs.

Cloud9Smoking.com

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have a friend that said his smoke shop received a letter from the state of illinois not to sell e-cigarettes and that they were against the law. He has stop selling them at his shop in Peora, IL.

I do not know if this is the true facts, but will investigate more.

I have not hear anything about the state banning these, so I really think it's some kind of misunderstanding.

I did a piece with the local paper a few weeks ago and nothing like this was mention.

We have had communications with the FDA. They are aware of our existence "on their radar" so to speak. They have not sent us a cease and desist letter.

saintgadreel

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
USA
To my knowledge, until law is passed banning the sale of e-cigs, and/or a court ruling supports the action of banning/prohibiting sale, the state has no jurisdiction to dictate the legality. It is more likely that the vendor was asked to remove the product because it violates some obscure health code, which could be considered exercising a loop hole in state or local health laws that apply to pharmacies, pesticide vendors, etc.

Just a guess, but that seems to be the theme around the world right now: when no law exists, find something that makes it seem like its illegal.... Totally Wicked got hit with this for their county guidelines in the UK, and technically the customs problems here in the US are the same kind of issue to a much broader degree.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Hello Everyone,

This is an update to a previous post where I had joined a circle of friends who are merging our electronic cigarette orders so that we can save on shipping. The order has arrived from China and US customs only held it for its standard 24-48 hours. No threatening letters, no notice of future seizures, and certainly no delays. Note that the order was large, containing more than 10 starter kits, bulk eLiquid, dozens of batteries & atomizers, and also some pass-through cabling/chargers.

Not to say that we went out of our way to ‘try’ and have our order seized or returned to the manufacturer, but if there was going to be a reason to hold or return a single order…our package would’ve sent up red-flags & alarms…or at least we all would think so.

Thus far I’ve ordered on a personal level and now have participated in a major bulk order and have not experienced any problems. I’m not inputting the name of the place where we ordered; however for those of you interested you can privately contact me and I’ll be happy to give you the URL for where our online orders took place (both personal & bulk). I’ll also be keeping an eye on these sites to see if any harassing contact is made to them after I hand out those URL’s to also post any possible narks in our forums.

VAPE ON MY FRIENDS! The ability to ‘choose’ is our message. The message of ‘change’ is going unheard – no more!!

Ispy

Apr 22, 2009
ok... Everyone has to GET REAL...

So lets get to the MEAT of the subject.

It "IS" a fact that the FDA will now begin messing with e-cigs... Whether that happens today, tomorrow or next year... Regardless... It "IS" going to happen.

So here is the MILLION DOLLAR question:

How do we get our hands on LIQUID nicotine, if and when we are forced to make our own e-liquid?

The PG and VG are BOTH very easily obtainable... OK... So we have the VAPOR portion taken care of...

The flavorings are very very easily obtainable... So we have our FLAVORINGS taken care of...

The GOLDEN KEY is the nicotine...

Is "THIS" key ingredient unobtainable?

Is there ANY hope of ever making your OWN e-liquid "WITH" nicotine content?

Or are we doomed to vaping some oils and thats as far as we will be able to go?

"IF" in fact there really are "US" producers... "WHERE" are they getting their NICOTINE.

Don't be a fool and think this will not turn into a big problem... It "IS NOT" the e-cig they are going to target... IT'S THE JUICE.

Now...

Anyone have ANY thoughts on where to get your hands on LIQUID NICOTINE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread