Status
Not open for further replies.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Has anyone considered barrel aging their DIY liquids? A quick search on google pointed me to Amazon which carries oak spirals and staves for putting in regular bottles to age things like whiskey and rum. If vendors can do it why cant we. Appears I could add a piece of the spiral or stave to my mix then after a few days strain the liquid. I imagine I can look around the NET forum for a good strain technique. I will be moving forward with this but would like to hear from the community their thoughts. Thanks.

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
Has anyone considered barrel aging their DIY liquids? A quick search on google pointed me to Amazon which carries oak spirals and staves for putting in regular bottles to age things like whiskey and rum. If vendors can do it why cant we. Appears I could add a piece of the spiral or stave to my mix then after a few days strain the liquid. I imagine I can look around the NET forum for a good strain technique. I will be moving forward with this but would like to hear from the community their thoughts. Thanks.

Take a peek at..

How To: DIY Oak Barrel Reserve | E-Cigarette Forum

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...own-oak-barrel-reserve-need-help-1st-try.html

Or...just use this Forum's search function by inserting the word..barrel..

Ron

Reactions: john333

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
I guess I could, if I had a barel and a barrel full of juice :)

Can't help you with the juice part, <G> but with chips or barrel cubes available at beer/wine homebrew shops, a whole barrel is not necessary to get that barrel flavor.

Ron

----
“Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don't speak bird.” ― Kurt Cobain

Reactions: john333

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Can't help you with the juice part, <G> but with chips or barrel cubes available at beer/wine homebrew shops, a whole barrel is not necessary to get that barrel flavor.

Ron

----
“Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don't speak bird.” ― Kurt Cobain
Never thought of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread