The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Batt fell out of a Lanyard

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by BakedGoodies, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BakedGoodies

BakedGoodies Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Southern California
    Aww man...

So my boyfriend went boarding with his Leaford Lanyard, regular black manual batt, and banana carto. I get a call...and found out his batt fell out while he was on the lift :( Shucks, man!

Anyone else have this happen? A batt falling out of the lanyard? I'm bummed :(

At least I was sensible enough to get us both two batts each so we're good for the mean time!

2. Adrenalynn

Adrenalynn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

What was he doing, standing on his head and bouncing? [I'm just teasing you]

Sorry to hear about your/his battery loss!

3. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    Snow or np snow..A black batt on snow should b asy to find..with a bright yellow carto! JK!
    I did however seach my 2 1/2 acres for days after Mike lost a bat out of his shirt pocket while riding the mower. No luck!

4. BakedGoodies

Feb 10, 2010
    Southern California
    lol if I was there I would've unstrapped and hunted through all that snow. The problem though was he didn't know where on the lift it fell. It was there before he got on, and then when he got off and went to strap into his board, it was gone...aagh.

Plus, California has really...um..bad snow. So under the lift it's like a mix of snow, dirt, rock, tree roots, mud...so I think we're SOL.

But when I put my batt in the lanyard and shook it, it took some good solid shakes to get it out..but once it started to move it moooved, like just fell out.

At least we still have the Lanyard - it's more expensive than a batt lol

5. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    I was teasing you..never in my worse nic fits would I have gone into the snow! At least not on purpose!:oops:

6. BakedGoodies

Feb 10, 2010
    Southern California
    :lol: oh I know, I was just thinking about why he didn't do it...convincing myself ....giving him an excuse! :evil:

7. Adrenalynn

Next time - shove him off the lift after it! :evil: When you look like you do, boyfriend's are a dime a dozen, but a battery costs like 1800+ boyfriends... :wub::confused::mad::cry:8-o:evil:

8. Rotaryfeen

Rotaryfeen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Millbrae, Ca.
    no if the bf is willing to buy lots of batteries to make up for mistakes :p

9. Adrenalynn

Nice second gen turbo-II, Rotary! Mods? If so, you're worth at least 1/300th of a battery more than most. :)

10. leaford

leaford Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Wait, it fell through the top or the bottom?

11. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I use mine at work and its tight enough that I dont worry about it,and I use xlongs.It stinks when you loose something.

12. simage

simage Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Ive already lost one in the home depot parking lot a few weeks ago...I put it on my lap sometimes when Im driving and if Im deep in thought like I was that day I got right out purchased what I needed then while on my way home *AHHHH* oh crap I just kept going because there was so much snow and I couldnt remember my exact parking spot! So I feel your bf pain it always sux to lose a batt>

13. deitra

deitra Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    NoWhere
    I haven't lost a battery yet. But the other day at walmart I thought I lost a small bottle of 36mg RY4 ejuice. I was in tears because all I could think of was some little kid probably found it and was gonna open it and die. I looked everywhere and drove like a madman home and happily found it on my cabinet, I forgot to take it with me. Thank God. I see little ones in the grocery all the time picking up opened stuff or opening it and parents never notice. Mind you these are babies are walking and to young to understand they can't eat something from everywhere. No offense intended towards busy parents either. But I won't ever take ejuice out with me ever again.

14. Silverthorn181

Silverthorn181 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    ɹǝpun uʍop
    Strange!! I used to donate about a lighter a week to "the system" but haven't lost a single thing since I started vaping!! Maybe e-cigs are good for the memory!!!

15. scheherezade

scheherezade Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    VA Beach
    I got a nifty little juice carrier from Ms T. holds 3 bottles and works great. It also has a keyring, but I keep it in my purse. Just extra insurance that I don't lose it. Know how you felt though. My daughters 10, but you still think about the little ones!

16. Joe Camel

Joe Camel Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Santa Rosa, California
    I don't think its possible for it to fall out of the bottom without serious force by hand.

17. FJF

FJF Full Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Chickasaw, Alabama
    Not only have I not lost a lighter since starting to vape, I now want to organize my whole house around my new small stash of supplies ... e-cigs good for memory and organizational skills ...

18. Garblesnarf

Garblesnarf Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2010
    USA
    The carrier looks nice, but I just put it in my pocket. I use the fun little white drawstring bag the battery came in.

I don't go boarding though. I sit at a desk... and rot.

//even on the weekends.

19. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Trainer PA
    Hey....I had a similar issue with my zippo one year...I remembered what pole i had dropped it by and there was about 2 feet of snow under it, but the 5th hole was MY ZIPPO :wub:

Anyway...that is not to say that the same zippo was lost forever a few years later....DOH 8-o

Damn mosh pits....

Maureen

20. BakedGoodies

Feb 10, 2010
    Southern California
    lol I'm going to assume it fell out the top, because I messed with the lanyard once I got home. Just don't know how he did it, because he doesn't know exactly how it happened.

And cute, Adrenalynn... but 3+yrs, I can forgive a battery. I think for every year it's a 1/6000th interest rate... :D

But at least this gives me an excuse to buy a purple manual or a real red one. I've been waiting impatiently..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.