• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Batteries to recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
samsung 25R, sony VTC4/5, lg HE4/HG2/HE2. Fstoplight, cheap and good = 25R followed with decent cutoff on VTC5 (most expensive but slightly better "capacity") then HE4(2nd cheapest but didn't provide as much juice as 25R). (Have yet tested VTC4, HG2 and HE2)

All in all would recommend getting 25R unless you need above 20A draws (lower end sub-ohm)

Reactions: Mooch

Fuffles

Verified Member
May 9, 2015
samsung 25R, sony VTC4/5, lg HE4/HG2/HE2. Fstoplight, cheap and good = 25R followed with decent cutoff on VTC5 then HE4. (Have yet tested VTC4, HG2 and HE2)

I would love to try VTC 4/5 but I just can't seem to trust anyone who sells them now unless they can prove that it is authentic. I don't really have a strict budget so with that in mind, which one would you recommend the most?

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
I think need to re evaluate the charts from the forum, I believe 25r is still capable but which is best for going lower depends. Not to be confused though, temperature control builds are entirely different as they draw lesser voltage so current draw is slightly lower as well.

Would say so far from my testing vtc5 gives the best life as compared. But I suppose if you're doing crazy stuff a couple of 25R should be good as typically we wouldn't be continuously firing above 35A would we?

Fuffles

Verified Member
May 9, 2015

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Anybody knows a good set of batteries that they can recommend? I wanna try out cloud chasing soon and I need better choices than the batteries I'm using now. A source would be good too. And if someone can tell me a few things that are important about battery safety, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Check out the battery blog entries for @Baditude...

(18) Baditude's Blogs | E-Cigarette Forum

I have a couple blog entries that might help...

Battery pulse ratings are useless! | E-Cigarette Forum

There are no 18650 batteries with a genuine rating over 30A! | E-Cigarette Forum

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

Why bother with testing cell temperature? | E-Cigarette Forum

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Sorry to hijack the post. Is the batteries from Funan $Lac% T@ct$l ok? I think mine is still a dinosaur IMR18650 3000mah

I'm can't read the name but I don't know anything about batteries sold by a company with a name starting with "Funan". If you posted your question in its own thread a lot more people would see it and there would be a better chance of someone responding. :)

Where did you buy these batteries?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Incorrect. The Sony VCT5 is a 30amp battery.

The VTC5 is a 20A battery.

The VTC5 runs dangerously hot at 25A and over 100°C at 30A. It's clearly not a 30A battery. Sony has never given it a 30A rating and the tech info document ("datasheet") for it only shows discharges up to 20A. Here's my testing of the battery...

Sony VTC5 20A 2600mAh Bench Test Results...a good 20A cell | E-Cigarette Forum

At 25A you can see the start of a greater voltage sag, indicating that the battery is being stressed beyond its rating. I wasn't even able to do a 30A discharge because I have a 100°C safety limit, an extraordinarily high temperature to operate a battery at.

Last edited:

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I think the best cost vs performance battery based on the info in this thread would be the Samsung 25R battery. They can be had for $10 and satisfies most of our vaping needs.

I've been on the hunt for some vtc5's but the thought of getting a fake one and the high cost is sinply off putting.

I agree. The 25R outperforms the VTC5, by a bit, and can be often found for $5 each. There are fake 25R's showing up lately though, always best to buy from a known, reliable source...Illumn, Orbtronic, IMRBatteries, RTFVapor, Liionwholesale.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread